Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns apparently want Johnny Manziel

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Bortles goes to Texans

Cleveland gets Manziel with trade from Rams

Jaguars get Teddy

Rams get Matthews

Everybody is happy.

Quote:except TMD

Well under his scenario, Houston gets their (reported preferred QB) and also gets another 1st rounder and then some, just to trade down 3 spots. Not sure why that would make Jags fans happy. 

You want Houston screwing this thing up as much as possible and winding up with as few selections a possible. The more high picks they get, the more chances for them making a decent pick. 

I'd rather Houston take Bortles at one, or CLOWN at one with no trade down. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well under his scenario, Houston gets their (reported preferred QB) and also gets another 1st rounder and then some, just to trade down 3 spots. Not sure why that would make Jags fans happy.

You want Houston screwing this thing up as much as possible and winding up with as few selections a possible. The more high picks they get, the more chances for them making a decent pick.

Ummm am I missing something? He has the Texans taking Bortles at one...

Quote:Ummm am I missing something? He has the Texans taking Bortles at one...

Yes...the agenda factor.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Yes...the agenda factor.

The dude is now flipping out on his very own ideal scenarios... Lol

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 11:28 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Oh,....I thought someone was talking about the Browns swapping picks with Houston, stockpiling picks, and Houston still getting Bortles at 4, while Cleveland takes Manziel 1st overall. I could see that happening if Houston doesn't take Bridge 1st overall. . 

Quote:So CLOWN drops to 5? Not likely.

Clowney takes plays off. Barr and Mack are better.

Lots and lots of things are going to change from now until the draft. Including all the "reports" about who teams like and don't like. It's all a smokescreen at this point.

With that being said, If the Rams and Browns made the trade, that would be great for us. Clowney or Teddy with the 3rd pick and then BAP in the 2nd round? I like.

Quote:Well under his scenario, Houston gets their (reported preferred QB) and also gets another 1st rounder and then some, just to trade down 3 spots. Not sure why that would make Jags fans happy.

Sometimes you make yourself sound like a big [BLEEP] loser. We don't need to keep worrying about what another squad is doung. You make the right evaluations, do your job and prep your team to crush the other one. Belichek doesn't step into every season like oh [BLEEP] Miami just got Mike Wallace or Dion Jordan oh noezzzz. He prepares his team to face any adversity.

Quote:Clowney takes plays off. Barr and Mack are better.

I know Clown's reputation and all, but even so, I see someone taking him at 3, maybe a trade up from a lower ranked team. 

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 11:56 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Sometimes you make yourself sound like a big [BAD WORD REMOVED] loser. We don't need to keep worrying about what another squad is doung. You make the right evaluations, do your job and prep your team to crush the other one. Belichek doesn't step into every season like oh [BAD WORD REMOVED] Miami just got Mike Wallace or Dion Jordan oh noezzzz. He prepares his team to face any adversity.

Well...maybe so.....but I keep going back to the example I showed from the 1980's when the Cardinals was relegated to the NFC East which was a VERY tough environment with lots of great coaches and other good teams. We are pretty much in Arizona's place in terms of where they were as a team, and now the Colts, Texans and Titans seem to be making the right moves to put them into the Redskins, Cowboys and Giants categories.....

How'd that work out for Arizona, having to try to win in that environment??

You can call me anything that makes you feel better. Its not going to take away the good point I'm making here. 

The above Example isn't an equal one. Belichick is already on top and has been on top for a decade. Thats a TOTALLY different mindset/ situation than what we have here. We're much closer to 1980s Arizona (then St Louis) than current Patriots. 

Quote:No it doesn't. How can you say Teddy will not be a Texans or that the only way to get him is the Browns pick Manziel at #2? I can't tell you how stupid that comment is.
If this scenario that you're wringing your hands over turns out to be valid, and Cleveland trades up to #2 to draft Manziel, Clowney or Bridgewater will be available to the Jaguars when they pick at #3. 

The comment wasn't stupid.  It was accurate.  It just doesn't support your efforts to stir some sort of panic over a potential trade being floated by some anonymous source allegedly in Cleveland who probably scrubs the toilets in the front office.    Teams say a lot of things this time of year to try to influence what other teams ahead of them in the draft order decide on draft day.  This isn't something new that's never been done before, and the front office who normally floats these balloons often is targeting another player all together. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Well...maybe so.....but I keep going back to the example I showed from the 1980's when the Cardinals was relegated to the NFC East which was a VERY tough environment with lots of great coaches and other good teams. We are pretty much in Arizona's place in terms of where they were as a team, and now the Colts, Texans and Titans seem to be making the right moves to put them into the Redskins, Cowboys and Giants categories.....

How'd that work out for Arizona, having to try to win in that environment??

You can call me anything that makes you feel better. Its not going to take away the good point I'm making here. 

The above Example isn't an equal one. Belichick is already on top and has been on top for a decade. Thats a TOTALLY different mindset/ situation than what we have here. We're much closer to 1980s Arizona (then St Louis) than current Patriots. 

You're trying to spin this by sourcing a situation in the pre-salary cap era in order to push your agenda?  Classic. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

All the tale spin, agenda, and desperate need for attention  has effectively derailed what used to be a Browns like Manziel thread.

Just like so many before it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

You see the idea isn't that the Jaguars get better it's that houston would also get better and that makes some people scared

Quote:Gators/Jags/Buckeyes/Broncos/Packers fan?

Did I miss any?

That's right.

Quote:Clowney takes plays off. Barr and Mack are better.
Better at what?  I don't see any way that Barr is better at Clowney as a DE.  He'd be better at being an OLB than Clowney probably, so they are really two completely different players at two different positions.

Quote:Better at what?  I don't see any way that Barr is better at Clowney as a DE.  He'd be better at being an OLB than Clowney probably, so they are really two completely different players at two different positions.

Yeah, I love me some Barr and Mack, but Clowney is superior to them in virtually every individual measure as a pass rusher.

I think Clowney will be a monster defender in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

So roughly a week ago Teddy Bridgewater was a nearly once in a generation elite prospect worth tanking for who would have guaranteed the team who drafted him division viability and Super Bowl contention for a decade plus. Now that it is looking more likely that the Jaguars might have an opportunity to draft him, Blake Bortles and the #26 overall pick going to the Texans should make Jaguars fans unhappy?

Quote:This could be good for us. Could mean Browns trade up with Texans to pick Manziel, rams go Matthews we go Teddy, Texans go either Clowney or Bortles?

I am more concerned about the Browns trading with the Rams after the Texans pick Teddy. It is the only scenario that makes sense at this point.

Why would the Texans trade down knowing their division rivals are just two spots behind them and have the same quarterback situation?

Quote:One of two things is happening....The Browns have big mouths in their front office/scouting department (unlikely) or they are just blowing smoke. Why would they telegraph who they want? Makes no sense unless they have the #1 pick and are guaranteed they can get their guy. I don't mind these reports right now but usually a week before the draft there are so many smoke screens it gets annoying. The media are just pawns in this game and It becomes a joke. You can't believe anything you read in these reports.

One possibility is they really want Teddy, but expect the Texans to pick him. Another is they don't know who they want yet and are trying to see if any HC candidate would be good for Manziel. At this point expressing interest in a player does not mean a team has actually decided to pick him if he is available. Fast forward four months and it is a totally different story.

Quote:Also, Michael Lombardi is Cleveland's GM.  So I surely hope they love Manziel.  Cause that would probably make us that much closer to Teddy.

A trade with the Rams would be useless to us. It can only help the Jaguars if they trade with the Texans.

Did Lombardi sound like a Manziel fan before he got the job?

Quote:Lots and lots of things are going to change from now until the draft. Including all the "reports" about who teams like and don't like. It's all a smokescreen at this point.

With that being said, If the Rams and Browns made the trade, that would be great for us. Clowney or Teddy with the 3rd pick and then BAP in the 2nd round? I like.

There may be some smokescreen, but "all" is an exaggeration. The Browns may be completely undecided about Manziel and "zeroing in" on him to see if he is worth their #4 pick. If that is the case, they are not lying right now.

Of course the Rams could stay put and decide not to pick Clowney. Also we can decide to pass on him if he is available. I will never understand why people think we want the Browns to trade up with the Rams because all that will do is prevent us from picking Manziel.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 03:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So roughly a week ago Teddy Bridgewater was a nearly once in a generation elite prospect worth tanking for who would have guaranteed the team who drafted him division viability and Super Bowl contention for a decade plus. Now that it is looking more likely that the Jaguars might have an opportunity to draft him, Blake Bortles and the #26 overall pick going to the Texans should make Jaguars fans unhappy?

I don't see Bridgewater falling to our pick, even if Cleveland trades to 1. If the Rams don't take him at 2, they will trade the pick to someone who will.