Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns apparently want Johnny Manziel

Quote:I don't see Bridgewater falling to our pick, even if Cleveland trades to 1. If the Rams don't take him at 2, they will trade the pick to someone who will.

We'll, in the scenario given he does, and you still freaked out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't see Bridgewater falling to our pick, even if Cleveland trades to 1. If the Rams don't take him at 2, they will trade the pick to someone who will. 

I honestly don't see Cleveland trading up to #1.  If things fall where people seem to think they're gonna fall as of now, if they want Manziel he would probably fall to them.  They traded away picks last year to stockpile for this year.  I would think the purpose for that was so that they could get more players, not give those picks right back just to move up a few spots.

I think it may honestly be more like this if this scenario plays out:

Houston - Clowney

St. Louis - Mack/Barr

Jax - Teddy

Cleveland - Manziel/Bortles

Quote:I honestly don't see Cleveland trading up to #1.  If things fall where people seem to think they're gonna fall as of now, if they want Manziel he would probably fall to them.  They traded away picks last year to stockpile for this year.  I would think the purpose for that was so that they could get more players, not give those picks right back just to move up a few spots.

Houston - Clowney

St. Louis - Mack/Barr

Jax - Teddy

When the Browns collected  extra picks, they had no way of knowing they would be in the perfect position to leapfrog another team that needs a quarterback. They could change their minds about using extra picks for more players if they think we want the same quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/p...o-williams

Texans owner loves him some Clowney.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 03:40 PM by Raven09s.)

I really don't think somebody is going to jump us if Houston doesn't pick a QB 1st overall.  Look at the order after us and ask yourself who would be willing, and have the picks, to trade all the way up to 2.

3.  Jags

4.  Cleveland - Why would they trade up if Houston doesn't take a QB?  Makes no sense

5.  Oakland - Honestly I don't see them trading up.  I think they're trading down if they can because they're still in cap hell and trading down would let them add more cheap young players

6.  Atlanta - May trade up, but not for a QB

7.  Tampa - Rolling with Glennon unless something changes between now and then.

8.  Minnesota - They may be willing to trade up for a QB if they think that they don't have their guy by now.  They still have both Cassel and Ponder.

9.  Buffalo - No

10. Detroit - No

11. Flaming Thumbtacks - Maybe, but I don't know if they have the picks to go up that far

12. Giants - No

13. St. Louis - why would they since they already have #2 thanks to washington

14. Chicago - No

15. Pittsburgh - No

So relax people.  I really don't think we're gonna have a problem with somebody jumping us for Teddy if Houston doesn't go QB with the #1 pick, which I don't think they do.  They're going to be in cap hell if they cut Schaub (over $10mil in dead cap space if they do per Alfie).  That's why I don't think Houston goes QB #1.  I think they take Clowney.

Quote:When the Browns collected  extra picks, they had no way of knowing they would be in the perfect position to leapfrog another team that needs a quarterback. They could change their minds about using extra picks for more players if they think we want the same quarterback.

This whole thread is about Cleveland wanting Manziel.  If they jump us for Manziel, then fine.  We get Teddy anyways.  Still don't see what you're worrying your pants off about.

Quote:I honestly don't see Cleveland trading up to #1.  If things fall where people seem to think they're gonna fall as of now, if they want Manziel he would probably fall to them.  They traded away picks last year to stockpile for this year.  I would think the purpose for that was so that they could get more players, not give those picks right back just to move up a few spots.

Houston - Clowney

St. Louis - Mack/Barr

Jax - Teddy

LOL, you honestly think St Louis stays at the pick and takes one of those 2?? 

If so, I expect their GM to be fired by next January. Laughing 

Quote:http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/p...o-williams

Texans owner loves him some Clowney.

Texas owner loves him some smokescreen. He's just trying to bait another team into trading up for that pick. 

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 03:53 PM by carly.)

Oh, nevermind.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:LOL, you honestly think St Louis stays at the pick and takes one of those 2?? 

If so, I expect their GM to be fired by next January. Laughing

My question is, who jumps up?  If Houston takes Clowney, then who jumps up?  And for whom?

Wait, TMD would now be upset if we took Clowney at #3?? A week ago the Jaguars were failures because we were missing out on the only to elite players in the draft (Bridgewater/Clowney, per TMD). Now, he doesn't want one of them?

Quote:Texans owner loves him some Clowney.

I just read on NFL.com Bob McNair thinks J.J. Watt can fix Jadaveon Clowney's work ethic issues. However he stopped short of saying Clowney is the best player in the 2014 draft.

His comments made me wonder if having a natural ability is less important than a strong work ethic. If that is true, Clowney would be a horrible pick for the Jaguars.

Quote:Texas owner loves him some smokescreen. He's just trying to bait another team into trading up for that pick. 

So why would he say J.J. Watt can fix Jadaveon Clowney's work ethic? If I was a team's GM, those comments would turn me off.

Quote:So why would he say J.J. Watt can fix Jadaveon Clowney's work ethic? If I was a team's GM, those comments would turn me off.

I think you should change your signature to, "What doesn't make sense, makes you stupider"

Quote:I think you should change your signature to, "What doesn't make sense, makes you stupider"

Why do you say that?

My point is I only want players who already have a great work ethic without getting help from anyone else.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 04:40 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Wait, TMD would now be upset if we took Clowney at #3?? A week ago the Jaguars were failures because we were missing out on the only to elite players in the draft (Bridgewater/Clowney, per TMD). Now, he doesn't want one of them?

WHo said I didn't want either of Bridgewater or Clowney? Not me, thats who. But I must consider the source...

No, if Clowney falls to 3. I think the Jags either have to take him or trade the pick. 

What I would NOT be happy with in that situation is passing on Clowney at 3 and taking Barr or Mack at 3. If that happens, our front office is [BLEEP]. 

Quote:WHo said I didn't want either of Bridgewater or Clowney? Not me, thats who. But I must consider the source...

No, if Clowney falls to 3. I think the Jags either have to take him or trade the pick. 

What I would NOT be happy with in that situation is passing on Clowney at 3 and taking Barr or Mack at 3. If that happens, our front office is [BLEEP]. 

If we don't pick Clowney at #3, we will pick a quarterback. I don't see any way we pick Barr or Mack when a quarterback is available.

TMD, for the record, will you be happy if the Jaguars take Clowney at #3 if Bridgewater and Manziel are off the board?

Quote:Why do you say that?

My point is I only want players who already have a great work ethic without getting help from anyone else.

You draft the talent.  You let the rest of it kick them in the butt when they come here and realize that every other rookie and player behind them is trying to steal their paycheck.  If they can't get that, then they're cooked anyways.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 05:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:TMD, for the record, will you be happy if the Jaguars take Clowney at #3 if Bridgewater and Manziel are off the board?

If we can't get a high volume of draft picks in a trade down, then yes. 

That has to be the pick there, if you cant trade down.