Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AFC Playoffs: Colts at Patriots

Quote:The punter got hurt - so Gostowski had to punt. He kicked a 53 yarder!  (w/ great hang time)

How did that happen? Do you have any idea what type of injury it is or if he will be OK next week?

A 53-yarder with great hang time is one punt. Don't try to pretend a kicker is better than a third round punter based on that.

Quote:Did you guys catch that shot of Jeris Pendleton on the colts bench? 

Yeah, what was he over there for? That was weird.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why was Tom Brady holding the ball for PAT attempts?

Quote:How did that happen? Do you have any idea what type of injury it is or if he will be OK next week?

A 53-yarder with great hang time is one punt. Don't try to pretend a kicker is better than a third round punter based on that.

Yeah, what was he over there for? That was weird.
Pendleton was waived by the Jags in training camp. Signed with the Cowboys.  Waived again and then signed with the Colts. He actually played quite a bit in that game. 

Quote:Why was Tom Brady holding the ball for PAT attempts?

Doesn't the punter usually do that? If their punter is hurt they need someone to do it, and Brady has punted the ball for them before. Makes sense he would do it.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Doesn't the punter usually do that? If their punter is hurt they need someone to do it, and Brady has punted the ball for them before. Makes sense he would do it.

Without knowing the type of injury he had, I have no idea why he was unable to do that part of his job. I remember once Bryan Barker sprained his right ankle and did not put in Cleveland, but did hold the ball for Mike Hollis. So it depends on what the injury is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The punter had his shoulder injured on the Jeris Pendleton Safety. I guess the pats had more faith in Brady's holding skills than in Mallett's...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

lastonealive- I don't know why they punted either. 3 scores down and what, 9 something to play? Go for it.

I couldn't hear the audio where I was, were the announcers discussing/questioning Pagano's decision to punt?

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:lastonealive- I don't know why they punted either. 3 scores down and what, 9 something to play? Go for it.

I couldn't hear the audio where I was, were the announcers discussing/questioning Pagano's decision to punt?

Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf were the commentators. They did not question Chuck Pagano's decision to punt.