Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where would you go with our 2nd round pick?

Quote:And do what with MJD? He is going to test the market for starter money, so I don't see him accepting a pay cut to stay in Jacksonville if Gus Bradley decides he should be a backup behind a rookie.
he wont accept a pay cut regardless

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Assuming we go QB in the first?  Pass rush is the next biggest need. 
interior line is a bigger need, especially when a first year QB. 

Quote:There are trade-offs for sure when Caldwell makes the need-to-value decision.  Maybe a FA, but we've got to find a way to get pressure on the QB.

I'd rather get the pass rusher from FA anyway (other than Clowney) because the FA can step right in and produce unlike most rookies. 

Orakpo, Hardy and Johnson are all pass rush options in FA. 

Quote:To the podium, where we draft...

[spoiler]Kyle Van Noy

[/spoiler]

I just got a gut feeling that Van Noy is gonna be really good, and he could be on the board when the Jags pick in the 2nd round.

Co-sign
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Davante Adams

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 02:11 AM by Jinjo.)

If Amaro or ASJ are left I would jump over that. I don't know how GMs factor in injuries but Easley already recovered from an ACL in his other knee and performed at a dominant level. I wouldn't bet against him doing it again. 

Quote:Interior line is a bigger need, especially when a first year QB. 

And possibly a first-year quarterback who weighs less than 200 pounds.

But what I like about Johnny Manziel is he can scramble and avoids getting hurt by doing that.

Assuming the first pick is a QB, I would hope need meets value at DE in the 2nd round. I hope Trent Murphy slips, and a fallback could be Kony Ealy. These two are a little bigger than what I would envision as a Leo in their scheme, but smaller edge rushers can be found beyond round 2 (ie. Attaochu, Lawrence).

orakpo in free agency and probably a guard.

rd 1 - Teddy

rd 2 - Shazier

rd 3 - Dom Easley

rd 4 - Stork

rd 4 - Crowell

rd 5 - Attaochu

rd 5 - Belue

and I'm not really sure about the rest. I don't necessarily think that's how the jaguars will draft but if it was me and they were available, I'm taking those guys because they're playmakers.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Travis Swanson center

Gabe Jackson guard

Bradley Roby cornor

Be happy with any of these

Quote:interior line is a bigger need, especially when a first year QB. 
I've got o-line as a very close third.  Either way, a FA for one and the 2nd pick for the other.  Getting the upgrade we need in the 3rd would be incredibly lucky.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Dee Ford, LEO

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 01:00 PM by TheSchmidt.)

I'd probably stay away from RB or WR until the mid rounds. With all the early entries from those positions, should be able to nab a good one we wouldn't be able to most years.

Maybe grab the best TE available (ASJ), OG Jackson, or FS Pryor from Louisville.

Probably prefer to trade back and grab an extra pick in the 3rd or 4th

Quote:I've got o-line as a very close third. Either way, a FA for one and the 2nd pick for the other. Getting the upgrade we need in the 3rd would be incredibly lucky.

What makes you think that? We need to upgrade three or four positions on the offensive line.

The BA RB/OG/OC/DE unless there is someone else of exceptional value.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:The BA RB/OG/OC/DE unless there is someone else of exceptional value.

Running back should be last on that list, but I agree with you.

Quote:Travis Swanson center

Gabe Jackson guard

Bradley Roby cornor

Be happy with any of these

This with the exception of Roby. I would take an O-linemen easy with the second pick. (prefer a center.)

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 09:20 PM by Jinjo.)

Zone blocking scheme guards and centers can be addressed in later rounds. Dave even said they would draft lineman in the middle rounds in his last press conference. 

Those guys are smaller and more athletic, which is not preferred for gap blocking teams. Lots of great value  in the middle rounds  for some areas of need like RB, WR, OL. 

Those extra 4th and 5th round picks could net us a couple difference makers.

Quote:What makes you think that? We need to upgrade three or four positions on the offensive line.
Replace one, upgrade two.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Replace one, upgrade two.

Uche is fine. He was playing hurt all last season. Rackley cannot be a starter next year, hes the absolute worst.