Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to coach the Senior Bowl for the 4th straight year?

The Browns passed it up last year so just wondering what you guys think. Would be a really good opportunity for the new coaching staff and possibly new GM. Think we make it 4 years in a row coaching the Senior Bowl

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The senior bowl is coached by teams that retain the majority of their coaches.

No

Yeah if Gus isn't here and I can't imagine he will be, then I highly doubt a new staff ends up coaching the Senior Bowl.

I thought there was a rule against a new staff coaching at the senior bowl, so the only way we would is if Gus is still here

Isn't there a rule you can't coach the Senior Bowl if you fired your coach?

Quote:The senior bowl is coached by teams that retain the majority of their coaches.
ah, forgot about that. Thanks, hopefully we dont lol

We will just pass up Carr for Bortles, so what's the point.

The Senior Bowl is our Super Bowl.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I'm sure the Jaguars would love to do it again if they get the opportunity, and that's especially true if somehow Gus does stay put.

'02

Quote:I'm sure the Jaguars would love to do it again if they get the opportunity, and that's especially true if somehow Gus does stay put.

It hurt my eyes to read that.

Quote:I'm sure the Jaguars would love to do it again if they get the opportunity, and that's especially true if somehow Gus does stay put.

I'm sure the Jaguars would hate getting the opportunity. To get it you have to be one of the worst teams in the NFL and nobody likes being that team.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2016, 09:35 PM by ThatsGoodJaguars.)

Quote:I'm sure the Jaguars would hate getting the opportunity. To get it you have to be one of the worst teams in the NFL and nobody likes being that team.
Newsflash - We're one of the worst teams in the NFL.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:I'm sure the Jaguars would hate getting the opportunity. To get it you have to be one of the worst teams in the NFL and nobody likes being that team.

Nothing is going to change that this season.   But moving forward,  that's not the reason why most Jaguars fans don't want the team's coaching staff coaching one of the 2017 Senior Bowl squads.

Quote:Newsflash - We're one of the worst teams in the NFL.

And we don't like being one.

Quote:  Nothing is going to change that this season.   But moving forward,  that's not the reason why most Jaguars fans don't want the team's coaching staff coaching one of the 2017 Senior Bowl squads.

We don't want the Jaguars to coach a Senior Bowl team because it means Gus Bradley and his assistants were not fired.

I have this reoccurring nightmare where Gus is named Coach Emeritus for the Senior Bowl and goes every year until, say, 2020.