Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wow, now the Texans might be getting Munchak as a mere position coach...

Quote:I thought this was a Jaguars' message board.  

Weird.  

Maybe I misunderstood the premise. 

I thought this was posted in the AFC SOUTH forum. 

Weird. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Phewf!

Glad I got all of that panicking out of the way before he got hired by someone other than the Texans.

That was close. I almost didn't get to panic at all.
LOL!

Quote: 

per rotoworld: 

<div>The Houston Chronicle reports ex-Titans coach Mike Munchak will interview to be the Texans' offensive line coach on Friday.

Munchak interviewed for the Lions' head-coaching vacancy on Wednesday, but is setting his sights lower. Munchak is regarded as one of the league's very best line coaches, but doesn't have the chops to be an offensive coordinator. That means barring a head-coaching job, he'll be banished back to the ranks of position coach. Unless he has philosophical differences with Texans coach Bill O'Brien, it's hard to believe Munchak couldn't have the offensive line job if he wanted it.

TMD take: 

Wow, a coaching staff already off to a good start would add another gem. 

Say what you want about Munchak as a head coach, but as a mere OL position coach, this would be an excellent get. 

</div>

This is all just started to get really annoying. 99% of people and fans don't even know who their own position coaches are. They have little effect on the outcome of a game. In the grand scheme of things I think this hire would make no difference at all. If only Gus Bradley could have hired Bill Cowher to tie the defensive players shoes....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 08:19 PM by giambi254.)

Quote: 

per rotoworld: 

<div>The Houston Chronicle reports ex-Titans coach Mike Munchak will interview to be the Texans' offensive line coach on Friday.

Munchak interviewed for the Lions' head-coaching vacancy on Wednesday, but is setting his sights lower. Munchak is regarded as one of the league's very best line coaches, but doesn't have the chops to be an offensive coordinator. That means barring a head-coaching job, he'll be banished back to the ranks of position coach. Unless he has philosophical differences with Texans coach Bill O'Brien, it's hard to believe Munchak couldn't have the offensive line job if he wanted it.

TMD take: 

Wow, a coaching staff already off to a good start would add another gem. 

Say what you want about Munchak as a head coach, but as a mere OL position coach, this would be an excellent get. 

</div>
I will debate you on this as well. If he does get hired, then that means you have 3 high-tier coaches on the Houston Texans. However, they need as much help as they can get to hopefully become what they were.

People need to understand that Houston is not Kansas City, hiring a new coach and getting a new QB will not change the Texans in the same magnitude. KC had 6 Pro-Bowlers the previous year, Houston only has 1.

The biggest need the Texans have is to absolutely in some ways is to reconstruct that defense. People beleive that Watt, Reed, and Brooking is all they need to be succesful. Well, when it comes to last year Brooking cannot stay healthy, Reed is starting to become a flash in the pan player, and Watt cannot hold that Defense by himself. However, I feel Swearinger will be an gem for the Texans, not as big as J.Cyprien for us, but something that could be worthwhile for the Texans.

As for the Offense, the Texans have a Coach that loves the Tight End position. For the O-Line, they could be stable for Munchak, but I feel they have to rebuild there. Don't trust Brown, Smith, Myers, Brooks, or Newton. It seemed in some games it was a flood gate for opp. defenses.

The only way the Texans become close to what they were, is if they absolutely hit a home run on ALL of their picks. Otherwise, they could be last again in the division.

Jacksonville will deliver this year, because David has too much to play with. Both cap space and draft picks are in his favor, and if he plays his cards right, the plan he has that been putting in the right direction for some time now, could go even further. IMO it will go further than anyone anticipated. But it all depends on how he plans everything.

The AFC South is the weakest division right now, and for people to think that Andrew Luck/Pagano will own this for years to come, are so dead wrong it is not even funny.  *Cheers*

Quote:I thought this was posted in the AFC SOUTH forum.

Weird.

Maybe I was unclear. I take full responsibility.

It appears you go out of the way to make the slightest thing as a negative statement regarding the team that is SUPPOSEDLY your favorite.

I fully expecting a spastic rant if someone hires a new waterboy, sometime in the near future.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:TMD don't get yourself banned...I can see it brewing...

So...  :whistling:

Quote:This is all just started to get really annoying. 99% of people and fans don't even know who their own position coaches are. They have little effect on the outcome of a game. In the grand scheme of things I think this hire would make no difference at all. If only Gus Bradley could have hired Bill Cowher to tie the defensive players shoes....
Really? Actually they have a huge impact. They are the ones whole teach the finer details of the position they coach. It's not just about pure talent, everyone it talented in the NFL, the techniques and skills that need to be learned and mastered are what set players apart. We might not have Bill Cowher but we do have Jerry Sullivan who is an excellent WR coach.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Quote:So...  :whistling:
You tried, man. You tried.