Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"I'm Proud For Our Conference", Jimbo Said

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM by badger.)

Quote:Dude.....

How did Auburn beat Alabama again? That's weak. Either a win is a win, or it's not. You have discredited your argument though regardless of which position you take here.
You missed the point then. I know auburn got lucky to get there, but they at least had to beat more good teams to get there.

Fsu was not even remotely challenged until the final game. That speaks for something... and contradicts Jimbos statement. Which is the whole point

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And say what you want about teams like Arkansas, UF, and Tennessee... those teams will recover eventually because the fan bases are very involved and wont tolerate losing.

Nobody cares about UNC, Wake or Duke football... or Miami for that matter. Look at the empty stands.

Arkansas,winless in the SEC, still sells out the stadium.

Quote:Playoff is the ultimate decider. None of those teams that won got to move on.

So a win-loss percentage in the bowl games against other conferences isnt a good indicator?  Ok...

Quote:You missed the point then. I know auburn got lucky to get there, but they at least had to beat more good teams to get there.

Fsu was not even remotely challenged until the final game. That speaks for something... and contradicts Jimbos statement. Which is the whole point
I think Auburn played the better game last night. I think they should have won. They didn't. Sometimes it happens.

But to say that FSU won the game on a lucky KO return seems weak to me, simply because if it weren't for a lucky KO return, Auburn wouldn't have even been playing in the game. Sometimes things happen. It's part of what makes football so fun, yet so frustrating, all at the same time.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Dude.....

How did Auburn beat Alabama again? That's weak. Either a win is a win, or it's not. You have discredited your argument though regardless of which position you take here.

It's convenient for some to simply disregard the game's only measuring device (scoreboard) to advance a personal agenda.

It's sad to witness and read,

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

So when Stoops says his school can play with anybody (including the SEC) that gets glossed over.

There is alot of selective outrage in this thread.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:So when Stoops says his school can play with anybody (including the SEC) that gets glossed over.

Agreed.  What I want to know is why.  Why the outrage?

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:So when Stoops says his school can play with anybody (including the SEC) that gets glossed over.

Well, I agree with Stoops....

I disagree with Jimbo.  There is not good football in the ACC.

Quote:Well, I agree with Stoops....

You agree with Stoops on what?

If Jimbo would have said the same exact thing Stoops said, would you be upset?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Agreed.  What I want to know is why.  Why the outrage?

Some are just bitter and will grasp at anything.

Quote:You agree with Stoops on what?

If Jimbo would have said the same exact thing Stoops said, would you be upset?

No, cause FSU can play with anybody.  He said, "There is good football in the ACC."  What he meant to say is, there is good football at FSU.

The ACC is the least competitive conference, and by that i mean, the best teams just destroy the rest within the conference.  That makes for boring football.  I think Clemson and FSU are the only two teams with supportive fan bases.

Quote:No, cause FSU can play with anybody. He said, "There is good football in the ACC." What he meant to say is, there is good football at FSU.

The ACC is the least competitive conference, and by that i mean, the best teams just destroy the rest within the conference. That makes for boring football. I think Clemson and FSU are the only two teams with supportive fan bases.

What do you expect him to say? "You know, I think this conference sucks."

On a side note, I'm happy for Jimbo, especially for what he has been going through with his son Ethan. He deserves this.

I didn't hear that, so I can't comment on that.

FSU played every team put against them, and won. What more can anyone ask? The rest is semantics.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:No, cause FSU can play with anybody.  He said, "There is good football in the ACC."  What he meant to say is, there is good football at FSU.

The ACC is the least competitive conference, and by that i mean, the best teams just destroy the rest within the conference.  That makes for boring football.  I think Clemson and FSU are the only two teams with supportive fan bases.

So you dont think FSU is overrated if you think they can play with anybody right?

What do you expect Jimbo to say?  "Hey guys my conference [BAD WORD REMOVED] but we just play the games".

Quote:I didn't hear that, so I can't comment on that.

FSU played every team put against them, and won. What more can anyone ask? The rest is semantics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...ncaaf.html

Quote:Well, I agree with Stoops....

Then it's clear you don't watch.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...ncaaf.html
Stoops earned the right to say that. He and his team punched the "consensus number one team in the country" for most of the season right in the mouth. It was good to see. 

Just as Stoops has the right to say what he did, so does Fisher. They beat their opponent. They earned that spotlight. If the naysayers don't like it, tough [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 09:40 PM by badger.)

Quote:What do you expect him to say? "You know, I think this conference sucks."

On a side note, I'm happy for Jimbo, especially for what he has been going through with his son Ethan. He deserves this.

No, but I'm just saying his statement is bull crap.  Obviously, you agree.  Its nothing personal against him.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 01:43 AM by badger.)

Quote:Then it's clear you don't watch.

What is unclear about FSU blowing out everybody in that conference? Then squeeking by in their first test.

If the football was so good, then more people would bother showing up to games.... but they dont. So in a way, you are right. I dont watch. Why would I? Nobody else does either. The only games anybody cares to see is when FSU plays whoever is the next best in that conference that year. There is no market for an ACC Network unless it's for basketball.

Quote:Playoff is the ultimate decider. None of those teams that won got to move on.
Again, H2H against teams going against others who finished in the relatively the same spot is a pretty good indicator.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"