Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2013 new coaches and results

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 11:33 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:The Bears fired Lovie Smith because of an underperforming talented roster. The Eagles fired Andy Reid because of an underperforming talented roster. The Chargers fired Norv Turner because of an underperforming talented roster. The Chiefs fired Romeo Crennel because of an underperforming talented roster. Their respective coaches did a good job and there is no denying that but their respective situations are not akin to Jacksonville. I'm sure whoever inherits Jim Schwartz' team in Detroit will probably be in the playoff hunt next year; probably because they already were.
This. Our QB situation is a joke tho. That's the main difference. Even a decent QB could have got 7 wins with this team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's a pretty significant difference between most of these teams situations and the Jags situation.

TMD forgot the part where none of those teams required a complete rebuild.

Quote:"No excuses". I love that kind of stuff. Hope you had a scowl on your face when you typed it.

Or what? You'll no longer attend the games?

You sure took that and ran with it...

Outside of a high number of injuries there's little to no reason to not expect significant improvement. 4 wins on a cupcake end of the year schedule shouldn't be that tough to improve upon. I fully expect Gus to make this team better. I'll support them no matter what. It is what it is. If this team gets worse without some significant player setback Gus may well be searching for a job next offseason.

Quote:This. Our QB situation is a joke tho. That's the main difference. Even a decent QB could have got 7 wins with this team.

I don't get this.

What matchups does this team win enough to eke out 7 wins, considering Blackmon was out 12 out of the 16 games?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I don't get this.

What matchups does this team win enough to eke out 7 wins, considering Blackmon was out 12 out of the 16 games?
The St. Louis game was very winnable.  That's the only one that comes to mind, though. 

Everyone wants to lay the blame for years of futility on a lack of talent. When do the coaches get some of the blame around here? That lack of talent is playing on playoff teams as we speak.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:The St. Louis game was very winnable.  That's the only one that comes to mind, though. 

As was the Oakland game, IMO. As was the Arizona game. 

Quote:Everyone wants to lay the blame for years of futility on a lack of talent. When do the coaches get some of the blame around here? That lack of talent is playing on playoff teams as we speak.

Coaches very rarely get blame around here, unless its from me. Or unless they are dismissed by the Jags, then at that point everyone will then front run and say all along that they knew the coaching was bad but didn't feel the need to whine about it...... That last one is an FBT classic. It gets lots of run. 

Quote:As was the Oakland game, IMO. As was the Arizona game. 

The question was  -  "winnable with a better QB."

The Oakland game doesn't fit because the JagsD couldn't stop the run in that game. At all.  (226 rushing yards allowed)

The Arizona game would have required better QB play AND a big step up from the Jags secondary. 

The St. Louis game, however, could have gone differently with merely an upgrade behind center. 

Quote:When do the coaches get some of the blame around here? 

When it's warranted?   Del Rio, Mularkey, Bratkowski and many others have taken a beating around here plenty. Did you miss that?  

I don't think year one of a total gutting in the FO, coaching staff and roster is the time to jump on the coaches - especially when the team showed steps of progress moving forward.  (yes I know the schedule was weaker after the bye)  

Give theses guys one more offseason of roster upgrades and I bet most of them will earn your respect. 

Coaches very rarely get blame around here, unless its from me. Or unless they are dismissed by the Jags, then at that point everyone will then front run and say all along that they knew the coaching was bad but didn't feel the need to whine about it...... That last one is an FBT classic. It gets lots of run. 
A classic bar stool diva move is to whine about everything. 

It's your schtick.  You've admitted it yourself.  If you're not whining on this board, it's because you're busily flipping burgers, or your computer contracted a virus rendering it useless from those other sites you frequent where you try to bolster your fragile ego in your never ending quest for validation.

What's funny about your feeble attempt to sound clever is the reality doesn't mesh with your little fantasy.  Many here, including myself, have been critical of coaches.  I guess it's only acceptable if we do it endlessly, in every thread, in every post, for months and months at a time.  Otherwise, we're not blaming someone you deem responsible for all the woes of this team.

The difference between you and someone with any sort of intellect is we express an opinion and move on, while you obsess over a single target at a time because you're not mentally capable of doing much more than that.  You have to tell everyone how smart you are because if you don't do it, nobody else will because, well, they see things differently.  You're not nearly as bright as you think you are.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

LOL ^^^ FBT made like a single post ripping Del Rio once, and now "he has criticized coaching before". Laughing 

FBT even defended MULARKEY!!! :woot: 

Quote:LOL ^^^ FBT made like a single post ripping Del Rio once, and now "he has criticized coaching before". Laughing

FBT even defended MULARKEY!!! :woot:

As I've already established, you're not really smart enough to enter into this debate, so you've resorted to using emoticons to retort.

There's a difference between defending a coach, and saying we need to be patient and allow things to progress.  As that happened, nobody on this board was defending Mularkey, including myself.  But, preaching patience before crucifying a coach is something that your pea brain is incapable of understanding because simpletons usually resort to knee jerk reactions. 

Go ahead and respond with a few more emoticons, Einstein.  I'll wait.  Hurry up because I'm sure your shift is about to start, and you need to get hopping with the hot grease. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Del Rio and Mularkey were terrible hires. Wayne Weaver was much too loyal to Del Rio and should have let him go years earlier.

The only thing I've seen from Bradley which is encouraging to me is that his team continued to play hard when games were lost and the season was lost. This is a positive sign. Hopefully we see much improvement next season in the W/L columns but I'm not suscribing to the belief that it's going to take 4 years  turn things around.

Regards..............the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 04:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:As I've already established, you're not really smart enough to enter into this debate, so you've resorted to using emoticons to retort.

There's a difference between defending a coach, and saying we need to be patient and allow things to progress.  As that happened, nobody on this board was defending Mularkey, including myself.  But, preaching patience before crucifying a coach is something that your pea brain is incapable of understanding because simpletons usually resort to knee jerk reactions. 

Go ahead and respond with a few more emoticons, Einstein.  I'll wait.  Hurry up because I'm sure your shift is about to start, and you need to get hopping with the hot grease. 

Oh please, you were still preaching patience with Mularkey as of midseason when I would continue to tell you what a terrible hire it was. You just never wanted to admit that I was correct from the get-go on that one. Not that that hire was really all that hard to judge....

As for the comment about hot grease.....sounds like you're having another Big Mac attack.....welp, hop on that crapcycle, if you can get it to start and go grab a few hundred. I know its 2 hours or so till dinner, you need a snack. 

Thing about you is - the coaches get the blame before they have coached.

So with you it's become very predictable.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Everyone wants to lay the blame for years of futility on a lack of talent. When do the coaches get some of the blame around here? That lack of talent is playing on playoff teams as we speak.

blame for what and blame who... the only person that is still on the coaching staff from the gene smith era is jerry sullivan (as far as i know) and if you want to blame him for developing our wide receiver talent well you've got bats in your bellfry.

this year we've seen:

general improvement in the team as a whole until the end of the season where we were very much staggered by injury

the development of an effective defensive special teams unit (though i think todman and sanders have the potential to bring one back we haven't seen it yet)

gradual improvement on the offensive line throughout the season

that's not mentioning the culture enthusiasm and general ethos they seem to have instilled

on a personell level we've seen

improvement in branch this year

improvement in alualu this year

the emergence of mike brown and the quick development of ace sanders

the rapid development of cyprien

that's coaching

on the side of this being caldwells fault for not bringing in the personnel... well say we brought in alex smith the best fa qb around... you really think he would have had the same season

jamaal charles put up

693 of his yards receiving and 7 of his touchdowns not to mention what he does in the running game

you really think alex smith would have had the season he had if he has here. I doubt it... we would have committed to an average qb and a few other overpriced free agents which would have increased the quality of the roster and maybe our win total but also eaten into our cap space like a cancer.

how many of the high price fa's from last year have had breakout years or made massive impact.. the only one i can think of is reggie bush who has been pretty good on the lions

mike wallace did jack, james harrison did jack... paul kruger meh

some free agents did alright jake long, amendola, daryl smith was a mistake for us in hindsight

but really for their price none of them have broken the nfl wide open and been spectacular

nor have their been any huge misses for us on our draft... geno wasn't a miss, nor manuel or dion jordan or even matt barkley

Lets be honest here 4 players made it on to the afc south (arguably the worst division) team of the year and I cannot complain about that in the slightest... the roster is talent deficient and needs at least on more draft to get through that.

lol... none of those teams blew up their roster and all of them have good QBs.

I expect 7 wins next year if we get decent qb play. I also expect to be competitive in most every game.if we are not it will probably be because we haven't upgraded the qb and o line adequately. We need our running game back.