Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texans to hire Romeo Crennel as Def Coordinator

I wonder why teams weren't beating down Crennel's door last year for a job? It took a handout, from his old work buddy nonetheless to rejoin the working class.

He's not as coveted as some would like you to believe when he was there for the taking for anyone to sign him last year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Houston Texans is going with the Bellichick coaching tree.  Both O'Brian and Crennel had served as OC and DC, respectively, for the New England Patriots.

Quote:Nothing "panic" about it. I just can see and acknowledge quality when I see it. More "anger" and "jealousy" than "panic". Why don't we ever get the top notch coach? Well, we did with Tom Coughlin....O Brien was easily the top candidate available on the market this offseason. 

I am concerned about my own team. We rarely seem to make the same amount of "quality" moves/ decisions as other divisional teams, thus ultimately keeping us in the same position or close for the better part of the last 14 years. 

I guess you've just transferred your fanboy adoration for Teddy to Billy O'Brien. You've got them both in the Hall of Fame already.

I can only imagine the comments about a "washed up Romeo" if Bradley had hired Crennel.

At least no one believes you when you profess to be a fan of the Jaguars. I think you're just bummed because your real love, Chip the Revolutionary, just gagged one to the Saints.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 11:11 PM by Dakota.)

Never mind.....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 12:38 AM by knarnn.)

Well I just got finished browsing the Texans message board and it doesn't seem that they are too giddy about the hire...just a bunch of mixed feelings.

I also came across this post from a member named "Jeffery" who reminds me too much of our very own TMD.

Quote:"Patriots way". We are doomed from the start. I was hoping Bill was going to try and start his own legacy. Sigh.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=40642&page=4'>http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=40642&page=4</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

oh no, so now the Texans defense will be good? I was hoping they were keeping Wade cause he was doing such a terrible job