Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are Colts & Titans fans views on the Texans coaching hire of O Brien?

Dear Colts/Titans fans,

In case you are confused by TMD's question let me rephrase it for you.

Do you guys agree that Bill O'Brien being coach in Houston makes you curl up in the fetal position and cry for mama. I am asking you because Jaguar fans are so dumb and stuff about football and football related topics. They aren't football savvy like us sports bar experts in the northeast corridor. Can you believe how unsavvy about football Jaguar fans are?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I will rephrase.. what can you point to in O'Brien's background that leads you to believe he will be a successful head coach in the NFL. Because so far, it sounds like your opinion.

He's a hard nosed guy who demands accountability from players and fellow assistants. He's won despite adversity in Penn State in a situation that few other coaches likely would have. He's already said he plans to assemble a top notch asisstant coaching staff, and seems to be proving that wasn't just lip service via his first hire, Crennel as DC. Hiring top notch Coordinators as well as a top notch position coach staff is very important despite what some of you might think (because Bradley did not do this, so you need to act like it doesn't matter). 

Part of the O Brien take, is my opinion. Thats what this board is about expressing opinions. 

Quote:Dear Colts/Titans fans,

In case you are confused by TMD's question let me rephrase it for you.

Its typed in plain English, why should/ would they be confused?

You just described Greg Schiano and every press conference for every new coach for the past decade (except Trestman). I respect your opinion, but am not building a bomb shelter just yet.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:You just described Greg Schiano and every press conference for every new coach for the past decade (except Trestman). I respect your opinion, but am not building a bomb shelter just yet.

I'm not building a bomb shelter either.

Just stating my opinions.  

"Quarterback is a very important part of this team"

Quote from O'Brians presser.....

LOL   Guy has loads of wisdom.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 04:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:"Quarterback is a very important part of this team"

Quote from O'Brians presser.....

LOL   Guy has loads of wisdom.

lol.....as opposed to "We just gotta keep getting bettur and bettur".....

Q - well how do you plan on accomplishing that?

A- "well, we just gotta go out there and get bettur, thats how, and just keep striving to get bettur every day"...

Laughing

Quote:lol.....as opposed to "We just gotta keep getting bettur and bettur".....

Q - well how do you plan on accomplishing that?

A- "well, we just gotta go out there and get bettur, thats how, and just keep striving to get bettur every day"...

Laughing

{crickets}

;

;

Things on the Titans board concerning the O'Brien hire seem to fall in line with what you having been posting on this board in the past few days. Most posters seem to be more concerned with their Teams lack of making a move than they are with the Texans hiring O'Brien. As a Texans fan, most of us are happy to see a change, but won't hold our breath by expecting great things. I, for one, just want to see what he can do. If I don't expect to much from him, chances are I won't be let down.

What is interesting, is that in his first day as Texans head coach, O'Brien has already interviewed the rest of the coaching staff, and is dismissing them left and right. I think that is a good thing.

Quote: 

What is interesting, is that in his first day as Texans head coach, O'Brien has already interviewed the rest of the coaching staff, and is dismissing them left and right. I think that is a good thing.

I agree thats a good thing. 

Unless the assistant is lights out good why keep someone from a 2-14 season? The only level of assistants that should be brought back are like Dick LeBeau with the Steelers from Cowher to Tomlins changeover, and others of that ilk.