Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoff Blackouts?

Green Bay, Indy, and Cincy are having issues selling out playoff games this weekend...  Packers screwed up by not anticipating and their policy towards their season ticket base..  Unlike the regular season, owners have to pay full price for playoff tickets.

It makes me wonder how the Jags would do???  We haven't had a home playoff game since the TN AFC final in 2000 and I remember back then there were problems selling out but that was in a 76K stadium size... Not sure what the stadium size will be next season after they start doing the work on it..  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here's an article about it.

Quote:Green Bay, Indy, and Cincy are having issues selling out playoff games this weekend...  Packers screwed up by not anticipating and their policy towards their season ticket base..  Unlike the regular season, owners have to pay full price for playoff tickets.

It makes me wonder how the Jags would do???  We haven't had a home playoff game since the TN AFC final in 2000 and I remember back then there were problems selling out but that was in a 76K stadium size... Not sure what the stadium size will be next season after they start doing the work on it..  

As someone that stood in line for a few hours the morning they went on sale and left empty handed, I can tell you the Jaguars had no problem selling out the AFC title game against Tennessee.

;

;

Quote:As someone that stood in line for a few hours the morning they went on sale and left empty handed, I can tell you the Jaguars had no problem selling out the AFC title game against Tennessee.

I was at that game. Talking about an incredible atmosphere... it was such a travesty we lost too.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:As someone that stood in line for a few hours the morning they went on sale and left empty handed, I can tell you the Jaguars had no problem selling out the AFC title game against Tennessee.
I was more thinking of 1998 the first game against Patriots...  It was sold out but it took an extension..  It is no shock that the Titans game sold quickly after that Dolphins blowout...  I had a partial season plan in 1999 which gave me some access to playoff tickets which I took advantage of..   I Dolphins game had no problems either since Jags had a bye and had a couple of weeks to sell tickets not bought by the then larger season ticket base..   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I heard about this a few days ago on 1010XL. This hasn't been the first time teams have struggled. That year that Kurt Werner was the QB they had to hold an extension to cover enough tickets for the NFC Championship game I believe. I dont see much talk about Jacksonville being the "black-out" town anymore. OAK, TB, and BUF have had the same problems for awhile now.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."