Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning surpasses Drew Brees for most passing yards in a season

Multiple NFL MVP Awards, Super Bowl 41 MVP, Numerous All Pro, and Pro-Bowl selections, Leads the league with most passing TD's in a season with 55 now, and now holds the record for most passing yards in a season...Oh, and he's about less than 20 TD's and about 7,000+ yards away for most passing TD's, and passing yards all time...

Is it safe to say that Peyton Manning is now the GOAT?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nope.

Until he wins another Super Bowl or two he will simply be known as the GRSQB to play the game.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Nope.

Until he wins another Super Bowl or two he will simply be known as the GRSQB to play the game.
Yeah, Manning is notorious for choking in big game situations. If they can get beat by the Colts, Chargers, and Patriots, than they can certainly be beaten by any other team in the playoffs.

Quote:Yeah, Manning is notorious for choking in big game situations. If they can get beat by the Colts, Chargers, and Patriots, than they can certainly be beaten by any other team in the playoffs.
Ironically this sarcasm is truth. And I believe that is the correct use of irony.

His postseason record precludes him from being the GOAT right now. If he wins another bowl or two it would be hard to deny. Elway looked a lot better after winning two Bowls, made his first 3 losses not as big a deal.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

There's only one GOAT.  The reason Jerry actually is the GOAT, is because nobody argues about who the best WR of all time is.  With all the rule changes one can argue that Manning wouldn't have been able to do what he did 40 years ago.. 

When you're the actual GOAT, nobody argues .

s
;

;

Congrats to Jughead on an incredible year.  I can't do the GOAT arguments, because it's such a judgement call.  Give Montana's team to Marino, and I don't think there would even be a discussion, but we'll never know.

It might be a while before we see a guy like Peyton again.  It's actually kinda fun to root for him for a change.

Quote:Congrats to Jughead on an incredible year.  I can't do the GOAT arguments, because it's such a judgement call.  Give Montana's team to Marino, and I don't think there would even be a discussion, but we'll never know.

It might be a while before we see a guy like Peyton again.  It's actually kinda fun to root for him for a change.

Agreed. I know I'm younger than most here but Manning is the best I have seen in my 15 years being a hardcore football fan.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Multiple NFL MVP Awards, Super Bowl 41 MVP, Numerous All Pro, and Pro-Bowl selections, Leads the league with most passing TD's in a season with 55 now, and now holds the record for most passing yards in a season...Oh, and he's about less than 20 TD's and about 7,000+ yards away for most passing TD's, and passing yards all time...

Is it safe to say that Peyton Manning is now the GOAT?
Stats do not define results.  Brady > Manning.

Terry Bradshaw won four

Bradshaw> Brady?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

The real goat is Blaine "the franchise stain" Gabbert.

Quote:Terry Bradshaw won four

Bradshaw> Brady?

Since rings seems to be the pinnacle for GOAT...then the answer must be yes!

Plus Brady wouldn't have been able to pull off Cannonball Run!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Or Toby Keith videos. ..

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Or Toby Keith videos. ..

Exactly!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2013, 01:08 PM by NCJag.)

Then again..

.Charles Haley has FIVE rings....

I'll always rate Brady higher than Manning, and not just because of the rings. Given what both QBs have had to work with in their career what Brady has accomplished is incredible. He's had very few weapons at WR. Gronk has been injured constantly in recent times. He constantly single handedly drags that organisation into the playoffs, (god knows how he managed to canter to the number 2 spot in the AFC with all the injuries on defence, and no one to throw to on offence) having to put up huge points every week because of the terrible defence, especially last year.

The couple SB losses to the Giants shouldnt mask what an incredible clutch player he is. If the defence actually showed up in the 2 games, and Welker caught the easy pass in the 4th we could be looking at someone in the modern era with 5 SB wins. The amount of second half and 4th quarter comebacks he seems to do is amazing.

Surround Brady with the talent that Manning has had, and it wouldnt even be a debate. If Manning cant win the Superbowl with this Broncos team then he wont win another one. To do that he'll probably have to a) beat Brady (which he always struggles to do) and b) win in the cold (which he always struggles to do)