Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oher gone?

If Baltimore resigns Monroe, Oher is out the door. Wonder if he can play Guard....?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/22/5...ncy-rumors

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

does anyone have how monroe did in that game against the Pats last night? can't belive how bad they were the other night against a Pats depleted secondary.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Well, with the offense scoring only 7 points, I'd say not very well.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I think we should try Cameron Bradfield at guard.

Quote:If Baltimore resigns Monroe, Oher is out the door. Wonder if he can play guard.?

If Michael Oher was still a good left tackle he would have stayed there and the Ravens would not have Eugene Monroe. The Ravens moved him to the right side because they thought he is not a good left tackle anymore. So why would re-signing Monroe spel EXIT for Oher?

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2013, 10:26 AM by NCJag.)

Because Oher is gonna be a FA and Monroe is going command a lot of money..Oher was never a really good LT. They plugged aged McKinnie in and moved him to LG and RT. Between Monroe getting big bucks and Marshall Yanda that is a LOT of money tied up in the O Line. Most likely theyll move K. Osemele to RT like the story said. Oher has played G before just not sure how good he was.
Quote:If Michael Oher was still a good left tackle he would have stayed there and the Ravens would not have Eugene Monroe. The Ravens moved him to the right side because they thought he is not a good left tackle anymore. So why would re-signing Monroe spel EXIT for Oher?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:I think we should try Cameron Bradfield at guard.

I have thought of this as well, he could probably pull off the Ben Coleman role.

Bradfield, IMO, is not really suited for a guard position. He should be the first backup tackle next year.

I wonder how Pazdor would work out at guard though. I don't know enough about him to say one way or the other. May not be a fit for the same reason Bradfield isn't. If he is though, I could see bringing Oher in to be the RT and Pazdor moving inside. That would make sense possibly.

I really can't say one way or the other though.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Bradfield, IMO, is not really suited for a guard position. He should be the first backup tackle next year.

I wonder how Pazdor would work out at guard though. I don't know enough about him to say one way or the other. May not be a fit for the same reason Bradfield isn't. If he is though, I could see bringing Oher in to be the RT and Pazdor moving inside. That would make sense possibly.

Pazstor was a guard all through college and iirc was all American. And he also has played some guard here.

Quote:Bradfield, IMO, is not really suited for a guard position. He should be the first backup tackle next year.

I wouldn't mind Oher being brought in to play RT. I do think Pasztor has earned a starting spot so I guess you could plug him in at RG and move Uche back to LG or maybe to center?

Joekel, Uche, Mack, Pasztor, Oher would be a pretty tough line.

Quote:Pazstor was a guard all through college and IIRC was All-American. And he also has played some guard here.

So why did we move him to right tackle?

About Michael Oher, he played guard during his freshman year at Ole Miss for one reason:  the OL coach was an idiot. In high school, he was a great left tackle.

Quote:I wouldn't mind Oher being brought in to play RT. I do think Pasztor has earned a starting spot so I guess you could plug him in at RG and move Uche back to LG or maybe to center?

How about try Paztor and Nwaneri at both guard positions during preseason to see who is better where. Uche was the left guard all of 2008 except part of the opener, when Vince Manuwai got hurt. In 2009, I kept wondering why he was moved to right guard after spending a whole season on the left side.