Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Brandon Allen start at least one game this season?
This poll is closed.
Yes
76.40%
123 76.40%
No
23.60%
38 23.60%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Brandon Allen - Should he start at least one game?

Yes we have to see what Allen has to offer. He could be the type that practices like [BLEEP] and plays like a damn mad man during a game.. What I'm saying is, you just never know.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-19-2017, 06:29 PM)JagSwag Wrote: What's RGIII doing these days?

I was thinking he signed with the Chargers, but it appears that was just a workout and he's still unsigned. It might be worth kicking his tires.
'02

Allen would presumably be the third quarterback tried, and the circumstances for his playing would probably involve Bortles being benched because he's horrible, Henne also being ungodly awful and the team being out of playoff contention. I don't really see any of those as a stretch, so if the coaching staff thinks Allen has some skills that could either make him an option here or attractive tradebait elsewhere, yeah, why not give him a shot after our 2018 preseason gets going in November?

(12-07-2016, 09:22 AM)Rico Wrote:
Quote:Personally, I think the book on Bortles is pretty close to complete. The 'not a natural thrower of the football' comment unfortunately sums him up completely, and that's something that is kind of important for a QB. I really think we should give Allen a shot in one of the last 4 games. Season is a disaster so there is nothing to lose, which makes it an ideal time to evaluate for the future. I wouldn't throw him in this week at Minny, but give him a shot at the division teams. Who knows? Maybe something good could happen. If not, what have we lost?

So what if Allen isn't ready to play?  You just throw him into the fire?  We've already thrown our last two 'franchise quarterbacks' into the fire too early.  I'd rather they wait until training camp next year.  The guy looked in no way ready to play in the NFL in pre-season and I doubt he's gotten any meaningful reps in practice.  You don't risk screwing him up just because Bortles sucks. 

Just because we draft them doesn't make them a franchise QB.  They are a franchise QB when they play like one.  Gabbert and Bortles are not franchise QBs.  Allen probably isn't but give the kid the season, it can't be any worse and he's the only one who hasn't had a chance yet.

I'd like to at least see what Allen looks like with the 1's. We know Bortles is cooked and we know what we have with Henne. What did we draft Brandon for? Just a camp body? Give it a shot.
No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-19-2017, 07:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 06:29 PM)JagSwag Wrote: What's RGIII doing these days?

I was thinking he signed with the Chargers, but it appears that was just a workout and he's still unsigned. It might be worth kicking his tires.

Can't do any harm surely?