Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft projections for the NCAA Award winners

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM by Deacon.)

Rob Rang of The Sports Xchange and CBSSports.com broke down the major award winners and how they will project to the next level. There are some interesting players listed -- and not listed -- in the article. An excerpt and complete listing follows:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Heisman Trophy, Davey O'Brien, Walter Camp Awards: Jameis Winston
Undetermined. Winston cannot enter the draft until after the 2014 season.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Unitas, Maxwell Awards: AJ McCarron
-
Second Day selection, potential to be an NFL starter.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Nagurski Award, Outland Trophy: Aaron Donald
- Likely to fall due to size concerns. Jurrell Casey clone?

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Thorpe Award: Darqueze Denard 
- No Round given, but he is listed as the best Cornerback in the Draft. Top 15 at the least.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Doak Walker Award: Andre Williams
-
Possible fall into the Third day. Old school, North-South runner.  

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Biletnikof Award: Brandin Cooks
-

First Day selection, undersized though.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Mackey Award: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
-
If he enters the draft, he may be the first Tight End selected. Pretty close to a "lock" for the First Round.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Hendricks Award: Jackson Jeffcoa
t - 
Second day guy. His play really fell off this season, but is that attributable to Texas as a whole?

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Lott IMPACT Trophy: Anthony Barr
-

Top five player, easily

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd take Aaron Donald in the third round in a heartbeat.

Quote:I'd take Aaron Donald in the third round in a heartbeat.

Bingo. Also, I wasn't aware of Brandin Cooks, the Biletnikoff winner. Apparently he has some rare open-field ability, but I've never seen him play that I can think of. Anyone have info on him?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Bingo. Also, I wasn't aware of Brandin Cooks, the Biletnikoff winner. Apparently he has some rare open-field ability, but I've never seen him play that I can think of. Anyone have info on him?

About 5'9-5'10 skillset wise reminds me of Ace, maybe a bit faster. I like the way he competes for passes in traffic and adjusts to to errant passes. 

Seferian in the 2nd

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seferian in the 2nd

That'd pretty cool, but I think Houston snags him at the top of round two.

Quote:That'd pretty cool, but I think Houston snags him at the top of round two.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I think alot depends on the coach they hire and if they re-sign Garrett Graham.

;

;