Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Qualities to look for in a quarterback

Quote:Tom Brady has zero mobility.

Many QBs prefer cats over dogs, too.

Tom Brady has a great offensive line. Our front five can't save Chad Henne if his life depended on them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tom Brady has a great offensive line. Our front five can't save Chad Henne if his life depended on them.
His life has depended on it for weeks now and it seems he's still alive. Shocking!

First name: Russell

Last name: Wilson

Quote:Dan Marino slipped to #27 because of his Wonderlic score.

Why do you care about hair color?

I know that the user you quoted was being sarcastic, but Marino fell because of coke rumors and a [BLEEP] senior year.

Quote:Are you serious?
She is.....
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

You can cope a lot without mobility if you have awareness..

Brady and Manning have no mobility skills whatsoever.

I look for a high football IQ, pocket presence, leadership skills and a thing us Brits call 'bouncebackability'..to be able to throw a pick and just forget about it..(could also say a short memory)

Pocket presence 

Accuracy

Touch

Ability to read a defense and anticipate

Heart

That is all one needs. 

Quote:Tall, high Wonderlic score, blonde hair, able to make all the throws against air in shorts and a backwards Cardinals fitted.
I prefer dark haired flunkies from mediocre nfl teams

Quote:That does not make it obvious to me.

HAHA
Shock the world

1) Honesty

2) Good Sense of Humor

3) Spontaneity

4) Trustworthy

Quote:First name: Russell

Last name: Wilson

You can't be that stupid, Haterade. If Wilson was everything you want a quarterback to be, why was he a third round pick?

Quote:You can cope a lot without mobility if you have awareness..

Brady and Manning have no mobility skills whatsoever.

I look for a high football IQ, pocket presence, leadership skills and a thing us Brits call 'bouncebackability'..to be able to throw a pick and just forget about it..(could also say a short memory)

Peyton Manning ran a hurry-up no-huddle offense at Indianapolis, so defensive linemen could not get to him fast enough. He also had Pro Bowlers on his offensive line. I don't think he would be as successful in Jacksonville because in Denver, players are sacking him, forcing him to fumble, and knocking him down. That said, I think having great pocket awareness and a high football IQ do help make up for his lack of mobility to a certain extent.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 04:43 AM by KL1gus.)

Quote:You can't be that stupid, Haterade. If Wilson was everything you want a quarterback to be, why was he a third round pick?
Because teams are stupidly stubborn about measurables.
Quote:Peyton Manning ran a hurry-up no-huddle offense at Indianapolis, so defensive linemen could not get to him fast enough. He also had Pro Bowlers on his offensive line. I don't think he would be as successful in Jacksonville because in Denver, players are sacking him, forcing him to fumble, and knocking him down. That said, I think having great pocket awareness andla high football IQ do help make up for his lack of mobility to a certain extent.
Manning linemen in Indianapolis may have been pro bowlers but that popularity contest doesn't mean anything. Truth is, they weren't very good and he made them look much better.

My criteria for good QB potential :

-Ability to extend plays from the pocket

-Decision making

-Accuracy

That is all, the rest can be managed by a good offense and good coaching. Too many prospects do not have those attributes however.