Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Army - Navy

Go NAVY!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Navy's helmet looks awesome.  A number of colleges that have two or three tones to their helmet, do so similar to Navy's whether the differnet color is in that back quarter of the helmet.  Nobody does it like the Jags where the color change is right down the middle over the top of the helmet.  I still think our helmet looks ridiculous.  If we had done it similar to Navy's it would be a much better look.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 04:55 PM by knarnn.)

Quick trivia (no Google!):

Who was the last Navy player to get taken in the NFL draft?

+ 1 to the poster who answers correctly first.

Bragging rights if you can name the last player to get drafted from Army as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Quick trivia (no Google!):

Bragging rights if you can name the last player to get drafted from Army as well.

All I know is he was a db and decided to continue his service but afterwards he still went to camp? Forgot the name though. My guess it was with the bears

His name escapes me as well but I saw a story about a cadet that went to camp with the Patriots a few years ago.  If memory serves me correct he was called to duty but got an early release.  Dang what was his name!

Oh and NAVY is looking good!  12 in row if this keeps up!

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The guy from Army's last name was Campbell DB/LB he got drafted by the Lions. Last Navy player...I have no clue.

Staubach?

This Army team looks outmatched like previous years. Only averaging 3.4 yards a carry on every play and can't pass the ball at all. Navy has 22 carries for 188 yards averaging 8.5 and doing whatever they want. Reynolds, the QB for Navy, is by far the best player on the field and is way to much for Army. I really dont think Army will score a touchdown this whole game by the way they are running; this Navy defense is not fooled at all. 

Navy 34 Army 0

<b>IN CALDWELL WE TRUST</b>

<b>GO JAGS!</b>

BenceA22

12 in a row for those Middies!  Way to go.  With that said, once the game is done there is nothing that either school would not do for the other.  

Best rivalry in all of college sports as far as I am concerned.  It contains no hate and yet both sides want to win, desire to win and need to win like no tomorrow.  

Until next year, Go Army!  Go Navy!

Was it Kyle Eckel?

Quote:Was it Kyle Eckel?
K and E?  No it was Eric.  Eric... last name begins with a K.  Kendric?

http://fifth-quarter.fifthquarter.netdna...1/Navy.jpg

Im still hung up on how good I think this helmet looks.  Arkansas has been sporting something similar to ours where the color fades however theirs fades on that back quarter similar to the Navy helmet.  We should have done something similar to this.

Napolian Kauffman.  Oakland.

What a great game..guys who play for the love of the game...go to school and take classes the players and most schools could not even pronounce....football the way it should be. That and Navy has won 12 in a row!!

Quote:http://fifth-quarter.fifthquarter.netdna...1/Navy.jpg

Im still hung up on how good I think this helmet looks.  Arkansas has been sporting something similar to ours where the color fades however theirs fades on that back quarter similar to the Navy helmet.  We should have done something similar to this.

The more that I look at it, the more I agree. I love the details on the helmet and I'm hoping that maybe the team can incorporate some of those onto the Jacksonville helmet. I like the offset number on the back half and the striping. Just a sharp looking design all the way around.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!