Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is wrong with the Jaguars franchise?

Quote:The coaching staff is what's wrong with this team.

There's no way that you can convince me that if we had someone similar to Coughlin, Peyton, or even Del Rio that this team would perform this badly and Bortles would regress the way he has. 

To NYC4Jags: You can't correctly judge accuracy until you've corrected a QBs mechanics. Once that does happen with a new (competent) coaching staff, then we'll see the real Blake Bortles, good or bad.
 "You can't correctly judge accuracy until you've corrected a QBs mechanics. " 

Bortles was selected 3rd overall... you shouldn't have to be dealing with fundamental mechanics of technique at that level at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

To NYC4Jags: You can't correctly judge accuracy until you've corrected a QBs mechanics. Once that does happen with a new (competent) coaching staff, then we'll see the real Blake Bortles, good or bad.

While a new staff will almost certainly help Bortles, I can certainly judge the fact that his mechanics were really rough in his first year, got marginally better in his second, and then fell off of a cliff this season. 

It's fine to speculate that he may get better with a competent staff - but I can also state the fact that his accuracy issues have cost this team three wins (at the very least) in 2016. 

Quote:While a new staff will almost certainly help Bortles, I can certainly judge the fact that his mechanics were really rough in his first year, got marginally better in his second, and then fell off of a cliff this season. 

It's fine to speculate that he may get better with a competent staff - but I can also state the fact that his accuracy issues have cost this team three wins (at the very least) in 2016.

They deviated from the plan his first year and played him knowing he wasn't ready. Compound that with the "coaching" he got around here and it's a wonder he's playing so well this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:While a new staff will almost certainly help Bortles, I can certainly judge the fact that his mechanics were really rough in his first year, got marginally better in his second, and then fell off of a cliff this season. 

His accuracy cost us games last year too. People seem to forget or ignore that probably because the games were more entertaining last year with the offense having an easier time moving the ball.

Quote:His accuracy cost us games last year too. People seem to forget or ignore that probably because the games were more entertaining last year with the offense having an easier time moving the ball.
I'm not forgetting or ignoring that, was just staying relevant to the intitial posting.

You are correct, of course.

Quote: "You can't correctly judge accuracy until you've corrected a QBs mechanics. " 

Bortles was selected 3rd overall... you shouldn't have to be dealing with fundamental mechanics of technique at that level at all.

I don't mean to rude, but unless you're someone who works in that field, you shouldn't be making these kinds of statements. This is why we are fans and not QB coaches. Hell, the statement I made was actually from our QB coach when I was at FAMU.

You misunderstood me. I never said you can't judge that his mechanics were rough, because they were and still are. You are also correct in saying that his accuracy did cost the team at times. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't write him off as being a terrible QB just yet. Hell, he had a good year last year even WITH this garbage coaching staff. As far as I'm concerned, that's proof that he can be a good QB with the right staff in place.

Let me ask this: when is the last time this team even had a decent OC or even a decent QB coach? Because it seems that we always get someone who doesn't know what they are doing mainly because the HC at the time makes bad decisions. This year only proves that talent doesn't mean JACK if your coaching staff sucks. We literally do have the worst coaching staff in the entire league and the only reason we are doing better than teams like the Browns and the Niners is because one team's HC is only in his first year and has little talent to work with and the other is a team who's HC's scheme isn't for the NFL AND his team has no talent.

Quote:His accuracy cost us games last year too. People seem to forget or ignore that probably because the games were more entertaining last year with the offense having an easier time moving the ball.

Actually, it was the defense that cost us games last year because even when the offense score points, they couldn't stop the other team from scoring. The only game the defense did a good job was when the Jags dropped that 50-burger on Indy.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2016, 03:18 PM by JackCity.)

We have no winning culture or even guys who have won here before apart from Carson Tinker and Marcedes Lewis.

Quote:Actually, it was the defense that cost us games last year because even when the offense score points, they couldn't stop the other team from scoring. The only game the defense did a good job was when the Jags dropped that 50-burger on Indy.

I've already addressed this here.  About half of NFL games are decided by one possession or less.  Our Offense and Special Teams (mostly Bortles) spotted opponents an average of 5 points per game last year (it.s 5.5 ppg this year so far).  You're right that our defense wasn't good last year, but to shift all blame to them and exonerate Blake isn't looking at the situation analytically and honestly.  If Bortles in 2015 was an example of "good" quarterbacking, then we're in more trouble than we know.  Good QB's don't do what Bortles has done this year or last.  If the Defense and Special Teams has to play perfect (which isn't realistic but is pretty much a necessity with Blake throwing the ball), we could win a lot more games with a guy like Alex Smith who doesn't go down field like Blake has shown he can.  Hopefully Blake can turn it around these last 4 games and keep it up next year, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's shown anything but careless disregard for the football to this point.

What's wrong with the Jaguars franchise?

We's a lose'n too much! What did you think was wrong with it???

Quote:What's wrong with the Jaguars franchise?

We's a lose'n too much! What did you think was wrong with it???

Blake Bortles is using 95% of his energy on his tongue and has only 5% left for his throwing motion and footwork.  Instead of Tom House, he needs to contact either Michael Jordon or Miley Cyrus.

The franchise is fine. We've made some mistakes in the last 10 or so years but hear me out. 

Do we not have an excellent owner? He doesn't meddle in the football, he is very supportive, he doesn't fire the GM/Coach every year like the Browns did and raiders used to, our stadium is excellent, our ticket prices are pretty low, and we now have an international presence in London. The franchise is great. 

Our GM, our coach, and our drafting has been pretty crappy but great organizations start at the top and we got the right owner. 

There is a difference between a bad team and a bad franchise. The Browns are a bad franchise, dysfunctional even. We aren't that. Be patient.

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2016, 12:06 AM by VisitingCobra.)

Quote:The franchise is fine. We've made some mistakes in the last 10 or so years but hear me out. 

Do we not have an excellent owner? He doesn't meddle in the football, he is very supportive, he doesn't fire the GM/Coach every year like the Browns did and raiders used to, our stadium is excellent, our ticket prices are pretty low, and we now have an international presence in London. The franchise is great. 

Our GM, our coach, and our drafting has been pretty crappy but great organizations start at the top and we got the right owner. 

There is a difference between a bad team and a bad franchise. The Browns are a bad franchise, dysfunctional even. We aren't that. Be patient.

I want to say that when people start talking about curses and being snakebitten that there has to be at least something wrong.  And that "be patient" isn't really the best thing to motivate people who are already patient.  But nonetheless, these are really good points.  I appreciate the positivity.  

Quote:I want to say that when people start talking about curses and being snakebitten that there has to be at least something wrong.  And that "be patient" isn't really the best thing to motivate people who are already patient.  But nonetheless, these are really good points.  I appreciate the positivity.  
Yeah I feel that too. I have to take my own advice and be patient, it is hard. 

The way I see it is that Shad Khan needs to find his Bill Bellichek. Bob Kraft had a mediocre and sometimes pretty bad team back in the 90s. Outside of those 96/97 seasons, they weren't very good. The Jaguars franchise and ownership are more like Bob Kraft and the Patriots than they are Dan Snyder and Jimmy Haslem. That's why I know things will come around. Gus has got to go though. That loser mentality that he so readily accepts while playing the good guy isn't going to cut it. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

SHAT Khan not firing this simpleton HC is the problem.

Quote:The franchise is fine. We've made some mistakes in the last 10 or so years but hear me out. 

I agree with your points, but we may not be calling the Browns a bad franchise after the 2017 draft.  They cleaned house and the new regime seems to have a forward thinking concept that could have a young and very talented roster in a year or two. 

Bortles is an issue. Julius Thomas is ineffective and soft. Lewis is old. Need another effective RB but there is talent on this roster. 

But overall it's coaching. Ownership and Management should have axed Bradley last year. Bradley is clearly not capable of being a head coach.

This team doesnt know how to win. Did u see how we played when we took the lead.

I see a lot of positives everywhere but the sideline.  Last year was a forewarning for this year and we got mesmerized by young players on offense. I feel better about the team after the last two games. Everything this head coach has done has been wrong. Their schemes, game plans and practices are all garbage. Good to see the defense take some chances today but it is way too late.

What a statistical anomaly we are game in and out. We won the turnover battle for once but did our typical waste of a game.

I am more ticked off because of last year. Retaining the head coach should cost Caldwell his job. I hate to be that way but this is a waste of being overall talented in an awful division.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.