Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
And if Gus is here next year?...

If Gus is here next season, I may die from alcohol poisoning.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I sorta get the feeling Gus stays as well.
Well then you're dumb.

Quote:I have this sinking feeling that our illustrious owner doesn't share our nearly unanimous opinion that Gus is the problem and will bring him back next year. 

I'm afraid that Khan is sold that Gus' "positive culture" is more important than results (or will eventually bring them....) and Bortles' complete regression is the perfect excuse to deflect responsibility away from Bradley and focus on seeing the QB position as the real issue that derailed last season and collapsed this one.

If the worst case scenario happens and we get Smiling Gus next year on the sideline, what should we as fans do? 

It seems if we respond with public outrage or protest by keeping our cash in our wallets and not buying tickets, there's no guarantee it won't be interpreted as disloyalty. But if we sit on our hands and keep attending games like nothing happened then there's no guarantee it won't be seen as supporting the decision and get us more of the same.

Ready for your responses....
First off, the NFL is a professional sports entertainment organization who specializes in football. We, the consumers of this 'entertainment', have the liberty to patronize it (and be dubbed 'fans') or not. However, we do not in any way 'owe' a professional team our 'loyalty'. Save that for the amateur sports in the schools. The 'professional' athletes play for pay... big pay.... bigger than almost all of our pay checks unless you're a celebrity 'star' or the like. 

As with any payed professional, a certain degree of high level competency is expected to be deserving of our patronizing it. If you think the Jags have not been holding up their part as a professional football team for far too long, then don't patronize them. It's really as simple as that. To suggest we owe a professional sports team our 'allegiance' borders on the absurd and suggests that such an attitude is the result of lots of psychological 'conditioning' from various sources.

To proclaim allegiance to an entertainment entity that fails to satisfy is illogical. 

Quote:I think the Modis building will try to jump off it's self

You owe me a new keyboard!   LOL!!!!!!

Quote: 

To proclaim allegiance to an entertainment entity that fails to satisfy is illogical. 

I agree to a point.  

I will renew my tickets next year even if Gus is still there (he won't be) not because I proclaim allegiance to the Jaguars.... but because I proclaim allegiance to Jacksonville.   I lived there through all the years we were used by NFL teams looking for a better deal.  I felt the excitement and pride when my home town was granted a franchise and I have seen how far the city has come since the Jags arrived.    I do not want the city to lose the team as we will never get another one.   For that reason alone I will renew my tickets.

I'll still would be there week after week. If there is a Jags game at Everbank I will be there unless just simply unavoidable. Diehards gonna die hard.

[Image: diehard1.gif]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The problem many are having is the concept that losing a game is any different than winning a game.  It's a game.

Quote:I agree to a point.  

I will renew my tickets next year even if Gus is still there (he won't be) not because I proclaim allegiance to the Jaguars.... but because I proclaim allegiance to Jacksonville.   I lived there through all the years we were used by NFL teams looking for a better deal.  I felt the excitement and pride when my home town was granted a franchise and I have seen how far the city has come since the Jags arrived.    I do not want the city to lose the team as we will never get another one.   For that reason alone I will renew my tickets.

I believe the NFL is critical to our economy, for that reason alone I hope they stay. But if Gus stays it will only be a hope with no action to back it up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Top 5 in yards is nothing. Points and turnover is all that matters and we are bottom 5 in those.
Why does points matter when the offense most of the time is responsible for at least 14 of em?

What if Kate Upton dumps Verlander and asks me out?

Won't happen.  

Quote:I have this sinking feeling that our illustrious owner doesn't share our nearly unanimous opinion that Gus is the problem and will bring him back next year. 

I'm afraid that Khan is sold that Gus' "positive culture" is more important than results (or will eventually bring them....) and Bortles' complete regression is the perfect excuse to deflect responsibility away from Bradley and focus on seeing the QB position as the real issue that derailed last season and collapsed this one.

If the worst case scenario happens and we get Smiling Gus next year on the sideline, what should we as fans do? 

It seems if we respond with public outrage or protest by keeping our cash in our wallets and not buying tickets, there's no guarantee it won't be interpreted as disloyalty. But if we sit on our hands and keep attending games like nothing happened then there's no guarantee it won't be seen as supporting the decision and get us more of the same.

I find it hard to believe that Khan would give Bradley another year. The guy has been banging the same drum for four seasons and this team has continued to make the same mistakes this year as they did in his first year. The team is heading towards its fifth consecutive top five draft pick under the Caldwell-Bradley era, and if they bring him back for a fifth season, they will lose some of the fan base. Now I don't have an issue with that as such because bandwagon fans or fair weather fans are only a small part of our fan base. The die hard and dedicated Jaguars fans will turn up regardless and will back their team no matter what, but even those fans would have a hard time buying into another year with Bradley.

Looking at our last four games I don't see us winning one of them. If we finish 2-14, Bradley has to go no matter how much Khan loves him. I suppose Khan could say to Bradley you are staying but we are going to hire two excellent coordinators and surround him with ex-NFL head coaches, like the Cowboys have done with Garrett. But even that would be a hard sell considering some of the blunders Bradley has made, as well as the fact the team just hasn't managed to get the best out of the young talent and mould them into a potential powerhouse. He hasn't been able to rid this team of the losing culture. The Raiders blew up their roster at a similar time and are now one of the favorites to make the Super Bowl. They have got to that point because they made sure they built the right culture and winning mentality. Bradley just hasn't done that and it really shows. 

For me, the only scenario I can see Khan keeping Bradley under is if we win out. A 6-10 finish would be Bradley's best record and that strong finish could give Khan a reason to keep him. But if that happens - and I doubt it will - then we need to look long and hard at our coordinators and overall coaching staff and make some changes. If Bradley stays, we need to do what the Cowboys have done and surround an average coach with good coaches and ex-NFL/college head coaches to give him a better overall staff than he has now. But to be honest, I don't see Bradley getting another year, and if he does, it is going to be hard sell. 

If Gus is still here next season......

I certainly will be visiting the board a lot less.

Bradley's not coming back.  But since this is a thread about Bradley coming back, here is a scenario:  What if the Jaguars not only win out, but blowout the remaining opponents and dominate on both sides of the ball (and special teams too)?   :o   

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 12:10 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:First off, the NFL is a professional sports entertainment organization who specializes in football. We, the consumers of this 'entertainment', have the liberty to patronize it (and be dubbed 'fans') or not. However, we do not in any way 'owe' a professional team our 'loyalty'. Save that for the amateur sports in the schools. The 'professional' athletes play for pay... big pay.... bigger than almost all of our pay checks unless you're a celebrity 'star' or the like. 

As with any payed professional, a certain degree of high level competency is expected to be deserving of our patronizing it. If you think the Jags have not been holding up their part as a professional football team for far too long, then don't patronize them. It's really as simple as that. To suggest we owe a professional sports team our 'allegiance' borders on the absurd and suggests that such an attitude is the result of lots of psychological 'conditioning' from various sources.

This is unreal.  While it is true the revenue helps the city of Jacksonville.  And it is indeed entertainment.  The NFL is the equivalent of the world cup in other countries.  It is America's past time.  And is still a business.   Being Khan is, in fact a business man.  A product with no marketability.  Will fail. A product with no quality won't sell.  It is a competitive game not a concert.  This happens over many Sundays.  

You claiming just entertainment.  Let's take music for example.  If you buy an album and go to a show based on the album.   And their live show stinks? Would you go see them again and again?   And the following year have an even better album and say they improved musically.  But only got a better drummer.  Do you still follow the tour?  And then the following have a better lead and drummer but their  new bass guitarist is worse than the one before do you still believe? 

This has been over 8 years straight of empty promises.  And say well they owe you nothing?   Did you lose thousands on them for a poor product?  nope?  Just a keyboard guy with a fancy opinion.   I have spent thousands on merchandise alone plus subscriptions and tickets etc.   So to say all of us are ungrateful for 8 plus years can't break even?  You, my friend are an absolute joke.  And probably a troll. 

Cause to post here all the time every year.  And to be lied too and sales pitches.  Yet keeps getting worse is not cool.  And not an honor or a privilege. Other than the revenue to the city of Jacksonville.  

In business have to have a successful product to stay in business.  We don't,  not even close.   And just like a shiny new sport car with great graphics.  If the thing hardly runs.  What does it matter it has shiny paint and looks flawless? 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

[Image: 200.gif#48]

Quote:Bradley's not coming back.  But since this is a thread about Bradley coming back, here is a scenario:  What if the Jaguars not only win out, but blowout the remaining opponents and dominate on both sides of the ball (and special teams too)?   :o   

That would be the too late train of thought.  Honestly it does seem like the coordinators are better than the HC.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

There are no words to describe what would happen if he's brought back

Well....

In reality...

Blake Bortles bad play most definitely is the obvious reason we are not a 7 win team right now. Even with average play from him.

There is strong argument that we could be a 9 win team if his play was better than average.

Which means..

There is a common sense position that says Kahn might retain Bradley.

Period.

This doesn't feel good...

Because somebody has to be to blame.

And Bradley shares that responsibility as the hc.

But Blake Bortles is the reason we are not a 7 win team.

Bradley can't throw the ball for him.

Period

Quote:That would be the too late train of thought.  Honestly it does seem like the coordinators are better than the HC.

Quote:Bradley's not coming back.  But since this is a thread about Bradley coming back, here is a scenario:  What if the Jaguars not only win out, but blowout the remaining opponents and dominate on both sides of the ball (and special teams too)?   :o   
And who will get the ball or catch the ball to make this happen?  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags