Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
And if Gus is here next year?...

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 12:17 PM by Mowerguy.)

[Image: 4643102.jpg]

We can only hope this day comes soon.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree to a point.  

I will renew my tickets next year even if Gus is still there (he won't be) not because I proclaim allegiance to the Jaguars.... but because I proclaim allegiance to Jacksonville.   I lived there through all the years we were used by NFL teams looking for a better deal.  I felt the excitement and pride when my home town was granted a franchise and I have seen how far the city has come since the Jags arrived.    I do not want the city to lose the team as we will never get another one.   For that reason alone I will renew my tickets.

Quote:I agree to a point.  

I will renew my tickets next year even if Gus is still there (he won't be) not because I proclaim allegiance to the Jaguars.... but because I proclaim allegiance to Jacksonville.   I lived there through all the years we were used by NFL teams looking for a better deal.  I felt the excitement and pride when my home town was granted a franchise and I have seen how far the city has come since the Jags arrived.    I do not want the city to lose the team as we will never get another one.   For that reason alone I will renew my tickets.

I sort of agree with this. You don't owe loyalty to an entertainment entity, as well said by Stich, and I don't fell I owe loyalty to the city - but I don't want the city to lose the team.

I enjoy football, and I certainly enjoy seeing the best players in the world, seeing it live and in person. It's fun.

Of course it's not great fun seeing your team lose. But if you lived in Jacksonville in the early 90s and were told you'd have the chance to see an NFL game eight (or seven, lol), times a year, here in Jacksonville, you'd have jumped at the chance if you were an NFL fan.

And I jumped at the chance (STH since day one) and will continue to do so as long as I'm physically and financially able to do so.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I'll still would be there week after week. If there is a Jags game at Everbank I will be there unless just simply unavoidable. Diehards gonna die hard.

[Image: diehard1.gif]

What's he doing?  It looks like he's taking a leak. 

And by the way, thanks for buying tickets. 

Quote:Well....

In reality...

Blake Bortles bad play most definitely is the obvious reason we are not a 7 win team right now. Even with average play from him.

There is strong argument that we could be a 9 win team if his play was better than average.

Which means..

There is a common sense position that says Kahn might retain Bradley.

Period.

This doesn't feel good...

Because somebody has to be to blame.

And Bradley shares that responsibility as the hc.

But Blake Bortles is the reason we are not a 7 win team.

Bradley can't throw the ball for him.

Period

Well, yeah, but what if Bortles gets much better next year and someone else falls off, and we go 2-14 again?   Every year, it's "if only this" and "if only that." 

No, I think Gus has had his shot.   Sometimes, it just doesn't work out.  We have to move on. 

Quote:What's he doing?  It looks like he's taking a leak. 

And by the way, thanks for buying tickets. 

I refuse to accept you do not recognize this scene...

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 01:22 PM by Jagwired.)

Personally I would have loved for him to work it out. He is a hard dude not to root for. That being said he will not be back.

I have a feeling that Mr. Khan might be angry/disappointed enough to clean house, top to bottom. Sweep the corners if you will. They have worked too hard and spent a [BAD WORD REMOVED] ton of money trying to engage this fan base to see it eroded away by the on field performance. It has to be infuriating/disappointing to a level that none of us here could really understand. Just imagine having to scratch those checks every week. Take our frustration and multiply it by 100's of millions of dollars that it costs Mr. Khan to watch the train wreck. Wallbash Wallbash

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I refuse to accept you do not recognize this scene...

His own avatar is more obscure.  Classic, but obscure.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Also... Mods... can we please change the title of this thread?...

Every time I see it on the list... I throw up a little in my mouth at the thought...

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

I got great responses. Some hilarious, some thoughtful, all appreciated.

What worries me about Khan is his adherence to "principles" over "results" as evidenced by this vague "I don't believe in firing a coach midseason" nonsense we saw after the Tennessee debacle. There was nothing to gain from keeping Bradley after that loss and everything to gain by promoting Marrone and trying to save the season. Khan refused to do it "just because". Not for any positive gain or results, but just because.

I have a really bad feeling he'll stick with Bradley with the same blind logic, but Lord I hope not. The guy is a complete carton character.

Quote:I got great responses. Some hilarious, some thoughtful, all appreciated.

What worries me about Khan is his adherence to "principles" over "results" as evidenced by this vague "I don't believe in firing a coach midseason" nonsense we saw after the Tennessee debacle. There was nothing to gain from keeping Bradley after that loss and everything to gain by promoting Marrone and trying to save the season. Khan refused to do it "just because". Not for any positive gain or results, but just because.

I have a really bad feeling he'll stick with Bradley with the same blind logic, but Lord I hope not. The guy is a complete carton character.

If they keep Gus and we end up 2-14 again in 2017 that would be, as ARob would say, "amazing".

Jag fan walking into the stadium in 2017 if Gus is Head Coach

[Image: glenn-walking-dead-alive-spoilers.jpg]

Quote:The problem many are having is the concept that losing a game is any different than winning a game. It's a game.

It's time for you to quit while you're behind.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:The problem many are having is the concept that losing a game is any different than winning a game. It's a game.
What?!

I bet Pats fans say the same thing....

I just had a thought!

If the mods dump MJF and Khan dumps gus.....

How much better our are going to lives be?  :thumbsup:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Gus won't be back next year.  Khan bought into a 4 year plan, and he got a lemon.  There will be a new coaching staff in Jacksonville next year.  It'll be interesting to see how far up the food chain in the organization the carnage will go, but it's an absolute certainty it starts with Gus and his staff at a minimum.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Gus is gone. But if he is brought back, it's obvious Khan wants to relocate the team. Keeping Gus would be the best way to do it. I'd be done with this team at that point.

Luckily, we all know the inevitable. Gus is going bye bye on Black Monday.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Gus won't be back next year.  Khan bought into a 4 year plan, and he got a lemon.  There will be a new coaching staff in Jacksonville next year.  It'll be interesting to see how far up the food chain in the organization the carnage will go, but it's an absolute certainty it starts with Gus and his staff at a minimum.
FBT, I pray you're right. It's logical. It appears obvious. Lord help this franchise if Khan is drunk at the wheel. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he's back next year. Doesn't seem like a guy who knows he's going to be fired

^^ why b/c you don't see him writing a resume? He's gone, Khan said he expected a winning season (2-10)

Quote:Gus won't be back next year.  Khan bought into a 4 year plan, and he got a lemon.  There will be a new coaching staff in Jacksonville next year.  It'll be interesting to see how far up the food chain in the organization the carnage will go, but it's an absolute certainty it starts with Gus and his staff at a minimum.

I wouldn't be surprised at all after Gus loses the final game in Indy that he just keeps walking outside to catch a cab to the airport. His family will be waiting for him at JIA with their household goods packed up in a U-Haul.