Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
And if Gus is here next year?...

Quote:I sorta get the feeling Gus stays as well.
Bite your tongue.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Personally I would have loved for him to work it out. He is a hard dude not to root for. That being said he will not be back.

I have a feeling that Mr. Khan might be angry/disappointed enough to clean house, top to bottom. Sweep the corners if you will. They have worked too hard and spent a [BAD WORD REMOVED] ton of money trying to engage this fan base to see it eroded away by the on field performance. It has to be infuriating/disappointing to a level that none of us here could really understand. Just imagine having to scratch those checks every week. Take our frustration and multiply it by 100's of millions of dollars that it costs Mr. Khan to watch the train wreck. Wallbash Wallbash
Unfortunately for Mr. Khan, neither of his excursions into owning a sports franchise has paid off yet.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:If Gus is here, I won't be. End of story. I'll walk away from the Jags and cease being a fan.

Bingo,same here

Nightmare scenario which I don't think is completely out of the question. Remember, this is one of the worst franchises in American sports. Anything negative is possible.

Quote:Well, yeah, but what if Bortles gets much better next year and someone else falls off, and we go 2-14 again? Every year, it's "if only this" and "if only that."

No, I think Gus has had his shot. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out. We have to move on.
It's a tough pill to swallow.

But I would argue that if Blake can become even average and limit his turnovers

Our defense has mostly young guys ..

And I agree the next step for them is getting turnovers

That being said....

Blake just manage and not kill us.

Imho maybe we win AFC South next year.

Blow it up and start over.

Next year is not gonna be a winning season.

Too short a time for everyone to learn the new system.

I believe Bradley will stay.

As long as the defense continues to kick [BLEEP]. And Kahn will wait to see if Blake can improve.

Actually...

I firmly believe this will happen

Quote:Bingo,same here
Think about this.

We have almost. Top 5 defense.

Next year they should be taking the ball from opposing teams.

So basically we not finally ARE ONE YEAR AWAY.

it all hinges on Blake next year.

Don't leave yet folks....

I know u hear a lot of opinion about this subject.

And this might not mean [BLEEP] to you.

But I would bet if Bradley stays and Blake gets to the point where he's not killing us every game...

You'll be glad you stayed....

Quote:It's a tough pill to swallow.

But I would argue that if Blake can become even average and limit his turnovers

Our defense has mostly young guys ..

And I agree the next step for them is getting turnovers

That being said....

Blake just manage and not kill us.

Imho maybe we win AFC South next year.

Blow it up and start over.

Next year is not gonna be a winning season.

Too short a time for everyone to learn the new system.

I believe Bradley will stay.

As long as the defense continues to kick [BAD WORD REMOVED]. And Kahn will wait to see if Blake can improve.

Actually...

I firmly believe this will happen

Thanks.  Now I can't get that song out of my head.

Oh, oh, oh, takin' [BLEEP] to the zoo!

Oh, oh, oh, takin' [BLEEP] to the zoo!

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

this is a simple answer. another loseing season is gurranteed period.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:this is a simple answer. another loseing season is gurranteed period.
Hard to argue against this.

But there are no guarantees going another direction for coach OR qb.

Not fun either way they go.....

Damn Blake and Bradley.....

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 11:15 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Quote:this is a simple answer. another loseing season is gurranteed period.
Win or lose

Popular or unpopular

I believe it's going to happen...

The only way it doesn't happen is if somehow...a proven winning coach other than TC pops up available and accepts the hc job.

I believe Kahn and Dave will see who's available but I don't believe they'll pull the trigger.

I definitely don't believe Gus is automatically gone at season end.

That would be foolish. And possibly lead to 4 more years of losing because we might end up stuck with a worse coach than Bradley.

Simply because we have better players now than when Bradley took over does NOT mean a new coach would put it all together.

More than likely a new coach would mean at least a year to come together.

Probably 2 years.

Either way.

Snow wolf is probably right

We're gonna suck for 2 more years regardless

Man... if Gus is still here....

[Image: pain_thefrisky.gif?w=500&h=281]

[Image: tumblr_n08aok56o31rzik3go1_500.gif?w=656]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Wouldn't be surprised if he's back next year. Doesn't seem like a guy who knows he's going to be fired

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Apparently, there actually is such a thing as a stupid question.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I have this sinking feeling that our illustrious owner doesn't share our nearly unanimous opinion that Gus is the problem and will bring him back next year. 

I'm afraid that Khan is sold that Gus' "positive culture" is more important than results (or will eventually bring them....) and Bortles' complete regression is the perfect excuse to deflect responsibility away from Bradley and focus on seeing the QB position as the real issue that derailed last season and collapsed this one.

If the worst case scenario happens and we get Smiling Gus next year on the sideline, what should we as fans do? 

It seems if we respond with public outrage or protest by keeping our cash in our wallets and not buying tickets, there's no guarantee it won't be interpreted as disloyalty. But if we sit on our hands and keep attending games like nothing happened then there's no guarantee it won't be seen as supporting the decision and get us more of the same.

Ready for your responses....

O-zone disagrees with your feeling.

Quote: 

Scott from Daytona Beach, FL:

Guess we'll probably be coaching the Senior Bowl again!
John: Nah.

Quote:That would be foolish. And possibly lead to 4 more years of losing because we might end up stuck with a worse coach than Bradley.

Finding a worse coach than Bradley would be very difficult.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

[Image: jarjar.jpg]

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I will take a year off of football.  Too depressed to watch it if that happens

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Gus is will not be here next year.

But you all know that if he comes back, you will be right back here ready for week 1 in 2017. Don't kid yourselves.

Quote:Gus is will not be here next year.

But you all know that if he comes back, you will be right back here ready for week 1 in 2017. Don't kid yourselves.
I'll be here like:

[Image: young-gary-coleman-looks-skeptical_80.gif]