Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr's stock is rising fast according to report

Quote:Teddy >>>>>>>>> Carr. 

Teddy will easily be a much better pro. 

Hopefully the Texans are dumb enough to select Carr 2.0 and repeat history. Doing this may also allow Bridgewater to fall to us. Here's hoping.
You hated Carr when you realized it was David's brother but you warmed up to the idea of the Jags drafting him within a couple weeks. Now you hate him again? What happened to sway you? 

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Teddy >>>>>>>>> Carr. 

Teddy will easily be a much better pro. 

Hopefully the Texans are dumb enough to select Carr 2.0 and repeat history. Doing this may also allow Bridgewater to fall to us. Here's hoping.

Even if they did, the Vikings would beat us to Teddy.

I like Teddy more than Carr

If he drops to the #3 pick, I think there's a small chance the Jags might trade up with Atlanta/St. Louis to select Bridgewater.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

When I see the interviews with Carr, I think he reeks of what Gus calls "Juice".

I just realized... if we draft Derek Carr, he will be the 4th little brother QB.  

-Luke McCown

-Jordan Palmer

-Jordan Rodgers

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

If we can't get Teddy, I'd rather pay Cutler and draft a guy in the 4th than waste a 1st rounder on Carr or Johnny F.

TMD admitted that he didn't watch college football this year, but now he is a better talent evaluator (even if it's because of a name) than NFL scouts grading Carr.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/11/th...ock-draft/

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:I just realized... if we draft Derek Carr, he will be the 4th little brother QB.  

-Luke McCown

-Jordan Palmer

-Jordan Rodgers

How in the world did you forget Eli Manning?

Where are Palmer and Rodgers playing now?

Quote:I like Teddy more than Carr

If he drops to the #3 pick, I think there's a small chance the Jags might trade up with Atlanta/St. Louis to select Bridgewater.

If the draft was today, we would be #6.

Quote:How in the world did you forget Eli Manning?

Where are Palmer and Rodgers playing now?

I didn't forget Eli Manning, because Eli Manning was never on the Jaguars.  Unless I'm mistaken, and the Jaguars changed their name to the Giants, moved to New York, in which case we shouldn't be complaining with those two recent super bowls. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I didn't forget Eli Manning, because Eli Manning was never on the Jaguars.  Unless I'm mistaken, and the Jaguars changed their name to the Giants, moved to New York, in which case we shouldn't be complaining with those two recent super bowls. 

I don't remember the Jaguars ever having Jordan Rodgers either.

Carr can put zip on the ball. He also throws a nice fade, and he's thrown in through some tight windows.

It seems as though he's always throwing screens and short throws. I've seen him scan the field, but he appears to lock-on too often. I don't know if its the scheme (some are obviously planned beforehand), but it seems like he's already decided which receiver he'll throw to before the snap. I'd take him in the second or late, late first round. 

Personally, I think every QB in this draft is a reach in the Top 5. I don't think any are elite franchise level guys. However, there are about 7 teams that need a new starting QB, and the demand will make all these teams reach.

Quote:Personally, I think every QB in this draft is a reach in the Top 5. I don't think any are elite franchise level guys. However, there are about 7 teams that need a new starting QB, and the demand will make all these teams reach.

What do you look for in a franchise level guy?

Quote:TMD admitted that he didn't watch college football this year, but now he is a better talent evaluator (even if it's because of a name) than NFL scouts grading Carr.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

No actually I didn't. 

That entire post above is false. 

About EIGHT years ago, I admitted that I didn't watch much college football, EIGHT years ago. Yet, bold faced liars like you keep regurgitating that OLD post and acting like it is still true today. (intentionally of course, because you are low class, zero integrity and will stoop to any level to try and win your arguments) I've watched a ton of college football over the last five years, and probably watched more this past season than ever before. I've seen every one of Teddy Bridgewater's games, but one this season. I've seen three of David Carr's games. 

I think this board has a policy of no libel, so I am going to see if I can't get you a warning for the repeated use of the above, given its totally false and you keep saying it as if its true. 

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 09:45 AM by ATLjag.)

Quote:What do you look for in a franchise level guy?
I said an "elite franchise level" guy. These are guys such as P Manning, Brady, Brees, and the developing Luck. I see guys in this draft where they likely plateau below this level. None of these guys impress me with their combination of skills, leadership, and intelligence. I don't see... "it". Granted, I could be wrong as it is just a prediction.

Quote:I think this board has a policy of no libel, so I am going to see if I can't get you a warning for the repeated use of the above, given its totally false and you keep saying it as if its true. 

You serious?

Quote:I said an "elite franchise level" guy. These are guys such as P Manning, Brady, Brees, and the developing Luck. I see guys in this draft where they likely plateau below this level. None of these guys impress me with their combination of skills, leadership, and intelligence. I don't see... "it". Granted, I could be wrong as it is just a prediction.

Almost every qb is going to plateau below that level. You're talking about 3 hall of famers and of those two weren't looked at as top 5 elite franchise level qbs.

Quote:No actually I didn't. 

That entire post above is false. 

About EIGHT years ago, I admitted that I didn't watch much college football, EIGHT years ago. Yet, bold faced liars like you keep regurgitating that OLD post and acting like it is still true today. (intentionally of course, because you are low class, zero integrity and will stoop to any level to try and win your arguments) I've watched a ton of college football over the last five years, and probably watched more this past season than ever before. I've seen every one of Teddy Bridgewater's games, but one this season. I've seen three of David Carr's games. 

I think this board has a policy of no libel, so I am going to see if I can't get you a warning for the repeated use of the above, given its totally false and you keep saying it as if its true. 

It was said, by you, last season. A moderator would be able to verify that on the old board throwing out any libel accusations. Good try, though.