Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr's stock is rising fast according to report

Quote:I thought Bradford would not be the top pick because he was coming off right shoulder surgery. The Rams continued to struggle with him, proving you can't fix everything just by picking a quarterback first overall.
True, but that's because Bradford isn't the QB the Rams hope he would become.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Every time I hear Carr, I think of his god awful brother... and that is my silly reason of the day for wanting nothing to do with the kid. Sorry David... I mean Derek.

I honestly feel the same way.

Quote:Just like his brother. 

The above will definitely be the easiest, laziest argument made against Derek Carr.

;

;

Quote:The above will definitely be the easiest, laziest argument made against Derek Carr.

Betcha its on the minds of the Texans when they pass on Carr. 

Quote:Betcha its on the minds of the Texans when they pass on Carr. 

I am sure the GM doesn't care. The owner might but the football people don't. 

;

;

So an argument is being made that a prospect's chance of success in the NFL are affected by what their siblings did or didn't accomplish in the NFL?

What about those NFL players that have siblings that couldn't even get into the NFL? How does that work?

Teddy won't be available. Carr throws off his backfoot, and Manziel throws while jumping. Just take Fales in the 3rd and be done with it

I honestly just want to see that hope is on the way at QB.  If its Manziel, Carr, Bridgwater Boles just something

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I am sure the GM doesn't care. The owner might but the football people don't. 

If the end result is them passing on Carr because of what they suffered with his brother while he was a Texan, then its really irrelephant which one cares/ doesn't. All I said was that I'd bet the Texans will be thinking about the bloodline factor. 

Quote:If the end result is them passing on Carr because of what they suffered with his brother while he was a Texan, then its really irrelephant which one cares/ doesn't. All I said was that I'd bet the Texans will be thinking about the bloodline factor. 

If the Texans view him as the number one prospect, they won't pass on him because of his brother. It would be a hard sell but the GM is there to pick the best players.

Imagine the Texans drafting Carr and their fans praying he's not like his brother

Watched the Boise St Fresno St game last night just to watch Carr. After that, while im no way qualified as a scout or Gm, im a little on the fence. He showed good arm strength and accuracy. .but those feet worry me. A lot of his passes were spots or screens and it's hard to really gauge him due to 4-5 wide sets. The senior bowl and practices will really make or break his stock
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

His stock will fall fast in his game versus USC. 

I don't understand the hype surrounding Carr. 

Quote:Watched the Boise St Fresno St game last night just to watch Carr. After that, while im no way qualified as a scout or Gm, im a little on the fence. He showed good arm strength and accuracy. .but those feet worry me. A lot of his passes were spots or screens and it's hard to really gauge him due to 4-5 wide sets. The senior bowl and practices will really make or break his stock

This is kind of what most people say. There's no denying his Arm talent but people are worried about his playing in that spread and his footwork.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Watched the Boise St Fresno St game last night just to watch Carr. After that, while im no way qualified as a scout or Gm, im a little on the fence. He showed good arm strength and accuracy. .but those feet worry me. A lot of his passes were spots or screens and it's hard to really gauge him due to 4-5 wide sets. The senior bowl and practices will really make or break his stock

Don't worry, no one else around here is either. And that hasn't stopped anyone from offering their two cents worth.

Dave Caldwell will wait until just before the combine and have an assistant gather all the appropriate posts.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Imagine the Texans drafting Carr and their fans praying he's not like his brother

And then watch him be exactly like his brother... for the same team he crapped it up for. Talk about a hoot.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:And then watch him be exactly like his brother... for the same team he crapped it up for. Talk about a hoot.
And we play them first week and get like ten sacks on him.....would be classic

He's an OK prospect, I like him to an extent. The thing that really puts me off is how he handles pressure. I now think he'll be an early 2nd rounder for a QB needy team.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:He's an OK prospect, I like him to an extent. The thing that really puts me off is how he handles pressure. I now think he'll be an early 2nd rounder for a QB needy team.

What QBs, other than the obvious in Bridgewater, do you see going ahead of him?

Quote:And then watch him be exactly like his brother... for the same team he crapped it up for. Talk about a hoot.

It would be a hoot and I could envision it happening. 

And all the morons who are and have been touting him will look like jackasses.