Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Titans will release Chris Johnson after '13 season

Quote:So now we have to tank this year and next year? How long do we have to go through with this?
does Peyton Manning have any children?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Our division will have: 

Indy - Luck

Houston - Bridgewater

Tennessee - Winston

Jags - Someone you didn't approve of drafting/signing who turns out to be better than the other 3

Quote:Our division will have: 

Indy - Luck

Houston - Bridgewater

Tennessee - Winston

Jags - ???

Tennessee won't do bad enough to get Winston.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Tennessee won't do bad enough to get Winston.

At this point last year and this point in 2010 would you have thought the Texans/ Colts respectively, wouldn't have done bad enough in those following years to get both Bridgewater & Luck?

Quote:So now we have to tank this year and next year? How long do we have to go through with this?
WE MUST HAVE EVERY FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE NEXT 8 YEARS TO SECURE ALL THE GREAT PLAYERS! WE WILL THEN WIN! NO ONE OUTSIDE OF THE #1 PICK IS WORTH ANYTHING MORE THAN DIRT! DIRT I SAY!

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Titans will be the next 'tanker in the division. And end up with Jameis Winston in 2015 draft.
Good Lord kid.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2013/12/9/5191736/on-the-titans-interest-in-jay-cutler'>http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2013/12/9/5191736/on-the-titans-interest-in-jay-cutler</a>

Tanking doesnt exist.

Quote:At this point last year and this point in 2010 would you have thought the Texans/ Colts respectively, wouldn't have done bad enough in those following years to get both Bridgewater & Luck?
Everyone knew the Colts were going after Luck.

The Titans will never, ever be bad enough to own the #1 pick. They're like the Jags in that regard

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 02:38 AM by D6.)

Quote: 

The Titans will never, ever be bad enough to own the #1 pick. They're like the Jags in that regard

I agree regarding Tennessee,  at least in the foreseeable future.  Tennessee actually has a decent to pretty good roster.  What they lack is enough impact players.  

Quote:Everyone knew the Colts were going after Luck.

Bud Adams is gone, there's really no telling how things will happen moving forward. Their new ownership could understand that "competing" in losing seasons only begets serious long term losing and take on the colts style of strategically making sure things stay as bad as possible in key seasons to allow for much greater long term success.

Makes me wonder if they're gonna go after Seastrunk..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

What if MJD wanted to go else where and Caldwell wanted to bring in a vet to help the young guys and Johnson came here?

Oh lord I hope Houston gets Teddy.. he bad, i will make a bet that teddy throws at least 20 picks if he starts the whole rookie season!

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 07:23 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:I wish it was only "pessimistic"...

problem is...its also somewhat realistic. 

I'm willing to bet that whoever Dave and GUs put on the field will be a capable QB.

For pity's sake, you guys mope around here so much you almost depress ME....and I'm an optimist by nature. :thumbsup:

Take a look at the unfulfilled teams that are going to be 2~3 years behind us.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:What if MJD wanted to go else where and Caldwell wanted to bring in a vet to help the young guys and Johnson came here?

I hope not...not here

It does indeed sound like there's a very good chance that Chris Johnson will be playing elsewhere in 2014.   Johnson is in for a reality check if he thinks any team would give him a base salary of $ 8 million in 2014:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ts-titans/

I called this years ago.....

I never saw what some other people seemed to with this RB. He had one great year which seemed like a fluke to me, given his build. I never saw him lasting at that level.  

Quote:I called this years ago.....

I never saw what some other people seemed to with this RB. He had one great year which seemed like a fluke to me, given his build. I never saw him lasting at that level.  

While you can't teach speed,  Chris Johnson is in essence a one trick pony.    

Quote:While you can't teach speed,  Chris Johnson is in essence a one trick pony.    

Yeah, but that one trick is really, really good.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Yeah, but that one trick is really, really good.

True.  Yet,  not close to the point of $ 8 million in base salary this coming season.