Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Bigboard

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 10:32 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:1.) Teddy Bridgewater - Will go top 5. Accurate with an almost elite arm and good intangibles. Played in a pro system. Would like to see a few more explosive plays from him, but he had limited weapons and an average o-line, at best. Good playing against pressure.

2.) Blake Bortles - Will go late 1st round. Extremely accurate and has the "it" factor. Played in a pro system. NFL arm strength, but no better than average by NFL standards. Great playing against pressure.

3.) Brett Hundley - Will go in the 2nd round. Strong arm and very athletic. Wildly inaccurate at times. Average playing against pressure. Reminds me of a young David Garrard.

4.) David Fales - Will go late 2nd or 3rd round. Above average accuracy. Above average under pressure. Surprising athleticism. Average arm strength.

5.) Derek Carr - Will go 3rd or 4th round. Has all the tools to be a very good QB. He lacks good ball placement and played in a very simple offense which doesn't require many reads. Not particularly good against pressure.

6.) Aaron Murray - Will go 4th or 5th round. Above average all around with solid production. ACL injury drops him a round or two.

7.) A.J. McCarron - Will go 4th or 5th round. Also above average all around, but seldom had the offense put on his shoulders. Slightly less arm talent than Aaron Murray as well.

8.) Zach Mettenberger - Will go 5th round. A little bit of a statue and will struggle if moved off his spot in the NFL. Very good arm talent if given a clean pocket.

9.) Tajh Boyd - Will go 6th round. He's a playmaker more than a QB. He can be wildly inaccurate from the pocket and is slow in his reads. He usually is pretty careful with the ball though. Good developmental guy.

10.) Johnathan Manziel - Will go 6th round. Someone will pick him just from his playmaking ability. He's too short and will struggle from the pocket. Too often he just throws the ball up and yells, "500!!!" Boom or bust.

11.) Casey Pachall - Will go 7th round. 1st or 2nd round talent, but has substance abuse issues and injury issues. Too intriguing of a prospect for all 32 teams to pass up.
I just can't see Hundley going before Boyd, Manziel and Carr. He's more of a project than all 3, including Manziel.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:@<b>NU_Gap</b> Four games charting Bortles, after drops I have him with a 71% completion percentage on 20+ yd throws. What.

He stud.
Coincides with what I just saw in his SoCar game. I'll be posting my analysis later tonight.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 10:35 PM by JAXsonVIL.)

If we can't get Carr or Teddy then give me Bortles. Everyone else I don't think will be that good.

Quote:If we can't get Carr or Teddy then give me Bottles. Everyone else I don't think will be that good.

i dont think turning to alcohol is the right decision.

Quote:i dont think turning to alcohol is the right decision.
Auto correct sucks.

Quote:i dont think turning to alcohol is the right decision.
tell that to blackmon!

That was funny. Big Grin

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:I am human and therefore only have a little amount of time. Between my commitments to school, work, and other activities, I can't watch every game of every prospect. I'm in the process of scouting Manziel, and will do more on him depending on whether he declares. (By the way, Manziel has only ever really been slowed by LSU. For comparison, Peyton Manning never beat Florida. He's still pretty good.)

Yes, luck plays a role. Have you ever watched Frank Tarkenton, Joe Montana, Steve Young, or Rodger Staubach? Not comparing Manziel to them in ability, but being lucky is a trait that some players have and some don't. To deny that is asinine.

And why I didn't want to reply was this: I was wondering if you lack reading comprehension and I was trying to be kind about it. I plainly wrote that I watch at least three games of a prospect, and then you start talking about how I only watch one game of whomever.

Maybe the reason you don't appreciate my writing is because you aren't a skilled reader.

all well and good except somehow you have scouting reports on everyone listed here based on 1 or 2 games. not at least 3. my reading comprehension is fine but your definition of 3 is incorrect.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

hey kodiak do you use the vids at draftbreakdown or do you watch the whole game?

Quote:I just can't see Hundley going before Boyd, Manziel and Carr. He's more of a project than all 3, including Manziel.

Hundley has the most physical talent out of all the QBs.  He may be the biggest project, but it just takes 1 team to fall for him.  I wouldn't touch him in the 2nd, but I think he is more "fixable" than the three you mentioned.

Quote:hey kodiak do you use the vids at draftbreakdown or do you watch the whole game?
I watch the whole game, or at least the entirety of the possessions of the QB I'm watching. The reason for this is that draftbreakdown, while much more condensed, excludes running plays, and there are times where QBs shift protections and make adjustments on run plays, which is something I incorporate into my analysis.

@Achilles: Yes, I haven't broken down three of anyone yet. I try to get one regular season game, one championship (if they have one) and one bowl (if they have one). I do this so that I can evaluate them in different pressure situations, and (usually) the difference in competition level that accompanies these higher-stakes games... Look man, I'm fine if you disagree, in fact I encourage it. I just ask that you don't make negative judgments and comments off my work, in this instance being the whole "3 games or more" thing, when I haven't even gotten an opportunity to watch the games I'm planning on.

curious to how you access the full games? is there a website, cant find them on youtube Sad

Quote:curious to how you access the full games? is there a website, cant find them on youtube Sad
I usually put the links right there in the article. I youtube everything. In fact, if a game isn't on youtube I have a serious problem scouting the guy haha.

Alright guys, I just wrote up an article on Bortles. It's here if you want to read it... Now I'm gonna sleep.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 01:18 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Among guys currently playing in college that will soon be available:

1. Christian Hackenberg

2. Jameis Winston

3. Teddy Bridgewater

These are the only "sure things" I've seen. Hackenberg and Winston will be superstars in Luck's caliber, and even Bridgewater's biggest critics have to admit his smarts, intangibles, and pedigree give him one of the highest prospect floors in recent memory. I can't see him being anything less than a league-average starter in a worst-case scenario.

Carr's physical tools warrant a top-ten investment; his arm talent is in Cutler/Stafford/Newton's stratosphere. I'm not sold on anyone else in this class being worth a first-round pick. I may be a pessimist, though.

I will say this I do not know how to scout, nor do I watch much college football. 

The other day I saw a clip on NFL.com of Bortles. I have a GUT feeling he is going to be very good at the next level. I have no facts or anything other than a feeling. My gut tells me Teddy will be injured a lot, Car will be good but he will have a lot of turnovers...but Bortles will be good...imo.

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:Alright guys, I just wrote up an article on Bortles. It's here if you want to read it... Now I'm gonna sleep.
Excellent analysis.  I too have noticed how many short passes Bortles seems to throw.  I guess it's to be expected though with his sub-par arm strength.  Can this guy even throw a tight spiral?  Everything he throws is a wobbly duck.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 10:35 AM by Deacon.)

Quote:I will say this I do not know how to scout, nor do I watch much college football. 

The other day I saw a clip on NFL.com of Bortles. I have a GUT feeling he is going to be very good at the next level.
I have no facts or anything other than a feeling. My gut tells me Teddy will be injured a lot, Car will be good but he will have a lot of turnovers...but Bortles will be good...imo.

I have that same reaction when I watch him play. He reminds me a bit of Roethlisberger, except with a much weaker arm. He seems cagey enough to move around the pocket and stay alive long enough to make a play. I think his ceiling is that of Ben, but that will mean him eeking out every last bit of talent that he has. Just my two cents there.

As for a Quarterback Big Board:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">1. Teddy Bridgewater - Smart, on point, with a good enough arm to play at the next level. I've seen a few -- a very few -- passes with ball placement issues, but he's still a franchise Quarterback. He seems thin, and I wonder how well he's going to weather a 16 game NFL season, but he's the best choice in this class.

2. Derek Carr - Best arm talent there is. Not just strength, but deep ball accuracy. Can throw the vaunted back shoulder fade with ease, but he's

played in a spread offense!!!
He has a ton of reps under his belt and a really nice completion percentage over his whole career, not just the "spread offense" era. He's the tempting guy in this whole draft in my opinion with the potential to affect games at a higher level than even Clowney. Who's going to roll the dice for him?

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">3. A. J. McCarron - Big, productive, and shows up big in big games. He's a winner who has lead several National Title teams with the tools to show for it.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">4.  Aaron Murray - My favorite QB of this draft based on personal preference. There isn't a throw that he can't make or that he won't try. He was leading scrubs and fourth teamers out on the field in the SEC this season and you didn't hear a peep. The knee doesn't concern me one bit since he wouldn't start year one anyway. The only issue I have with him is his height and that can be problematic.

5. Zach Mettenberger - Love the way this guy developed this past season with a real NFL-caliber QB coach. He has the tools, but was this season just a fluke?

<p style="margin-left:40px;">6. Blake Bortes - See above.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">7. David Fales - The arm worries me. He handles everything, but so did that QB from Boise State that tore everyone up and couldn't even get on an NFL Training Camp roster. And I can't even remember his name!

<p style="margin-left:40px;">8. Tajh Boyd - Good player, but he just seemed to regress this season. I get the feeling that he never even saw that FSU Defense coming and he hasn't recovered yet. Nice player to have on your roster though.

9. Johnny Manziel - Boom or bust. That's all I think about when I watch him.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">10. Brett Hundley - Brett, listen to me; I don't know you and you don't know me but this is probably the best advice you'll ever get if you want to be a successful NFL Quarterback. GO BACK TO SCHOOL. You have every tool that a QB could possibly wish for, but you need to learn how to put them to use.

And I'm spent.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Kodiak does some good work in his scouting reports. Not to mention he's the new blog writer on blackandteal.com

+1

Superlative work, Kodiak.  Always enjoy your write ups.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:You mean, you don't like overreaching hyperbole?

oh you mean like "worst team in history" that was the prevailing theme around these parts during the first half of the season... :whistling: 

I never bought into that crap once.