Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Bigboard

Quote:Excellent analysis.  I too have noticed how many short passes Bortles seems to throw.  I guess it's to be expected though with his sub-par arm strength.  Can this guy even throw a tight spiral?  Everything he throws is a wobbly duck.

Ever watch Peyton Manning throw?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hundley has the most physical talent out of all the QBs.  He may be the biggest project, but it just takes 1 team to fall for him.  I wouldn't touch him in the 2nd, but I think he is more "fixable" than the three you mentioned.

Hundley? Sick :yucky: 

He's on my "do not draft" list because of the above. I'm tired of "projects".

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 11:10 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Hundley has the most physical talent out of all the QBs.  He may be the biggest project, but it just takes 1 team to fall for him.  I wouldn't touch him in the 2nd, but I think he is more "fixable" than the three you mentioned.

That's code for another running quarterback, right?

Just to recap:

We got wide receivers that are griping about not getting the ball enough. In the media.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:That's code for another running quarterback, right?

Yep that, and a QB that has little skill passing. 

That's code for he has protypical QB size, elite arm strength, an ability to drive the ball to the numbers, and the strength, speed, and agility to run or evade a rush.  He's very much like a taller version of David Garrard. 

Most have him as a top 15 prospect.  I think he'll actually go in the 2nd round... And if it were me that was the GM, I'd take him no earlier than the 3rd round, also similar to David Garrard.  He'd be best developing behind an established, quality, starter.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 01:03 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Yep that, and a QB that has little skill passing. 

I thought so.

I was a little concerned about the persistent attempts to over-sell Teddy Bridgewater, but it appears his stock is plummeting. It makes total sense. He is NOT demonstrating elite quarterback potential and it's important to stress it.

The biggest question Teddy had to answer this year was can he improve? Can he be more productive. I don't see improvement. I see lots of new questions and that confounds the hopes he could elevate to the elite status.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:That's code for he has protypical QB size, elite arm strength, an ability to drive the ball to the numbers, and the strength, speed, and agility to run or evade a rush.  He's very much like a taller version of David Garrard. 

Most have him as a top 15 prospect.  I think he'll actually go in the 2nd round... And if it were me that was the GM, I'd take him no earlier than the 3rd round, also similar to David Garrard.  He'd be best developing behind an established, quality, starter.

He looks average. I would like to know what percentage of snaps he takes under center. If the percentage is low, odds are he is not comfortable there and this is typical of the dreaded dual-threat quarterback.

1. Derek Carr

2. Teddy Bridgewater

3. Blake Bortles

4. David Fales

5. Johnny Manziel

6. Zach Mettenberger

7. Brett Hundley

8. AJ McCarron

Quote:1. Derek Carr

2. Teddy Bridgewater

3. Blake Bortles

4. David Fales

5. Johnny Manziel

6. Zach Mettenberger

7. Brett Hundley

8. AJ McCarron

Take Bridgewater off that list and you might as well choose your QB from that list by assigning each of the remaining names to a dart board and having a few throws....even if you miss the dart board completely, you might still win. 

Quote:Take Bridgewater off that list and you might as well choose your QB from that list by assigning each of the remaining names to a dart board and having a few throws....even if you miss the dart board completely, you might still win. 

Given that Bridgewater will probably be gone by our pick, what exactly do you propose we do about the QB situation?  Even if we trade for Cousins, we should draft another QB.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Given that Bridgewater will probably be gone by our pick, what exactly do you propose we do about the QB situation?  Even if we trade for Cousins, we should draft another QB.

If we traded for Cousins, I'd then select Murray or Mettenberger with a day 3 pick. 

And if the Redskins asking price is too high?  Or they aren't willing to trade Cousins?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And if the Redskins asking price is too high?  Or they aren't willing to trade Cousins?

Then take McCarron with the 2nd rounder and Murray/ Mettenberger with the 3rd day pick. 

Or take McCarron with the 2nd rounder and trade a day 3 pick for Ryan Mallett. 

Quote:Take Bridgewater off that list and you might as well choose your QB from that list by assigning each of the remaining names to a dart board and having a few throws....even if you miss the dart board completely, you might still win. 
Bridgewater reminds me too much of Andy Dalton, I wouldn't select him in the top half of the first. He's a late first rounder.  Carr has the highest ceiling in this draft, the only QB worth spending a top 10 pick on.