Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Auburn vs Florida State: BCS National Championship discussion thread.

Quote:Nice to see I am not the only one.

But I probably am the only one who thinks people are way too quick to assume Auburn will get in. OSU lost by only 10 points and, unlike Auburn, held the opponent to under 40 points.

I can't see that happening, JW.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If not Auburn, I guess Baylor, right?

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

FSU in a landslide.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote: If Auburn doesn't get in, it will be shocking to say the least. 

OSU wouldn't get in over MSU even if Auburn disappeared.

Of course if Auburn lost we would be talking about Missouri, not MSU. Everyone know the Spartans were only playing for the Rose Bowl.

I also expect Auburn to get there, but I wish people would not act like it has already been made official.

Quote:If not Auburn, I guess Baylor, right?

Baylor was #9 yesterday. No way they jump 7 spots.

For Auburn to stay at #3, Ohio State would have to stay at #2 because #4 Alabama lost to Auburn. This can happen, no matter how unlikely, so I would rather wait for the official announcement.

No way auburn doesn't get in... Period.

Quote:No way Auburn doesn't get in. Period.

Yes there is a way. The BCS is crap. I never said I expect that to happen, however.

I still think fsu will be able to stay in a shoot out better than any team auburn has faced so far.... At least I hope lol

Quote:Of course if Auburn lost we would be talking about Missouri, not MSU. Everyone know the Spartans were only playing for the Rose Bowl.

I also expect Auburn to get there, but I wish people would not act like it has already been made official.

Granted, MSU didn't have a chance to get to the National Championship game going into tonight's game.  All I was conveying is that the Spartans have now moved ahead of Ohio State in the National Championship pecking order, based on their win tonight.  With both teams now having one loss.  Not to mention,  the scores in MSU's wins this season.

It's not official Auburn is in the National Championship Game.  But it's as close to official as' official can get' ,  before actually being official.  Smile  

Quote:Yes there is a way. The BCS is crap. I never said I expect that to happen, however.
Agreed but the bcs isn't that stupid

Quote:I still think FSU will be able to stay in a shootout better than any team Auburn has faced so far. At least I hope LOL.

Does FSU need to stay in a shootout to win? Blowout after blowout makes me think they have a pretty good defense.

Quote:Yes there is a way. The BCS is crap. I never said I expect that to happen, however.

Even the BCS can't screw this up.   Confusedweat:

Quote:Agreed but the BCS isn't that stupid.

Oh yes it is. Twice the BCS put teams that did not play for the Big 12 championship in the NCG. Based on that, it is conceivable even Alabama could get in.

Yeah... But as a fan of fsu.. They have been beat up physically over the last two weeks...and auburn is no stranger to playing physical and staying in games... It makes me nervous... I embrace the challenge but I would much rather have rolled Ohio state for the national championship

Big ten is a joke

Quote:Yeah, but as a fan of FSU, they have been beat up physically over the last two weeks, and Auburn is no stranger to playing physical and staying in games. It makes me nervous. I embrace the challenge but I would much rather have rolled Ohio state for the national championship.

So you wanted OSU to win because it would have guaranteed a blowout? Sorry, but nothing in football is guaranteed.

Quote:Oh yes it is. Twice the BCS put teams that did not play for the Big 12 championship in the NCG. Based on that, it is conceivable even Alabama could get in.

Even Nick Saban said that Auburn should play for the National Championship:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nick-sab...n-the-sec/

Quote:So you wanted OSU to win because it would have guaranteed a blowout? Sorry, but nothing in football is guaranteed.
Lol don't care... I would take osu every day of the week oves auburn who seems to have every star coming in line for them.

Quote:Even Nick Saban said that Auburn should play for the National Championship:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nick-saban-says-auburn-should-play-for-a-national-title-if-the-tigers-win-the-sec/'>http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nick-saban-says-auburn-should-play-for-a-national-title-if-the-tigers-win-the-sec/</a>
Of course he did...guy sucks at life so bad he would say the ony team that beat him should go to the top.

Quote:Even Nick Saban said that Auburn should play for the National Championship.

He said that because Auburn beat the #1 team.

But if for some stupid reason Alabama was invited, do you think he would decline it? Probably not.