Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Auburn vs Florida State: BCS National Championship discussion thread.

Quote:Ummm, yeah, but that is a BIG difference.

One team does being better does not make the whole conference better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Saw this and snickered..

[Image: 4gooxz.png]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Don't forget Jimbo and Pruitt will have a month to get ready...  FSU is an elite defense...   FSU offense will put up 50...  Doubt Auburn will be able to keep up...  I think FSU by 3 TD's...    Vegas has it 8.5...  

Quote:We actually play defense.
Y'all do I'll give y'all that. The noles haven't played a team on Auburns level. Just don't think much of them cause of there schedule.

Quote:Saw this and snickered..

[Image: 4gooxz.png]

LOL I think he wishes the one second was not put back on the clock. Can you imagine seeing those shirts in Tuscaloosa? LOL

Loosatusca

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

I just wanted to throw in here..being an Aubie.. I'm sorry but the huge misconception is that Alabama is the best team in the NCAA.. not true..not even close. I've watch closely both Auburn and Alabama and am realistic about just who and what these teams are.. Auburn is a runner as anybody who pays attention knows.. One hell of a line and an unpredictable ball carrier..but in the same sentence it's one of two.. it's just how the play calling is handled.. Coached incredibly well, the Auburn Tigers are a team of brute force running..and either an angel on the field or just the luckiest team in recent history.. But even when you say that you have to ask yourself so many questions about the end of the Alabama game.. It wasn't that Saban is just human-it's because of his ego..which usually is in check..but he let it show by not taking a knee and going into overtime.. To put a freshman kicker on the field to kick for 57 yards..It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that ball's falling short.. Mal put a guy down there.. Simply out coached.. Not a fluke, not a miracle...a dumb move by the best coach in college football. That simple! 

Auburn saw this..coaching staff saw this.. You have to give it to Auburn.. And a quick look at the Ga. game Auburn lead by two TDs until the last 12 minutes and were frankly just worn out.. Ga. got up on them and they called on their angel that night.. But they lead Ga. all night.. They ran Ga. up and down that field like a special needs redheaded step child.. 

Now, I'm not saying Auburn's the best team in the nation...."yet!" FSU has clearly been over the top impressive and as I see it FSU is the best team in the nation not Alabama.. Alabama's schedule was a joke..and every time they had a contender.."twice" they had trouble....with LSU and lost to Auburn.. The emperor had no clothes! All year long Alabama had a glass jaw and nobody to shatter it.. And then came AU.. I call it like I see it.. I've seen so many on here say Ala. would have been the better match because they were truly the best and AU is a fluke.. These are people who either didn't pay attention or haven't taken all of the real factors into consideration.. Auburn is there because the belong..for once the BCS got it right!

Quote:Y'all do I'll give y'all that. The noles haven't played a team on Auburns level. Just don't think much of them cause of there schedule.

Auburn's pass defense is ranked 100th in the nation. FSU is going to eat them up

Welcome to the board, Lar. Get ready to tale some heat from FSU fans because many of them post here.

Believe it or not, some people are posting a fear of losing to Auburn now. That makes me think if Florida State has a weakness, it is defending the run. What I want to know about Auburn is how many of the 500+ rushing yards were the result of Missouri having a bad run defense? If Missouri had a great run defense, would Tre Mason still get the ball as much as he did and just pick up fewer yards, or would there be a more balanced attack?

Quote:Auburn's pass defense is ranked 100th in the nation. FSU is going to eat them up

Not if they play as they did against Duke.

Auburn will actually make first downs and score.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Not if they play as they did against Duke.

Auburn will actually make first downs and score.

Have to remember though, FSU is very good on both sides of the ball.  So when their offense is not moving the ball, their D is stepping up.  When their D gives up a score, their offense is stepping up.  Auburn does not have that luxury.  Can Auburn play with FSU being that good on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters?  I don't think they will, but I'm excited to see the game. 

Quote:Have to remember though, FSU is very good on both sides of the ball.  So when their offense is not moving the ball, their D is stepping up.  When their D gives up a score, their offense is stepping up.  Auburn does not have that luxury.  Can Auburn play with FSU being that good on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters?  I don't think they will, but I'm excited to see the game. 

Has every Auburn game this season been a high-scoring shootout like the SEC CG? If not, you might be underrating the defense.

Thank you JaguarsWoman.. I obviously love football and especially SEC football.. However, I have a healthy respect for the ACC.. Actually to tell the truth, the ACC scares the crap out of me. This game scares me..very happy to be here and so happy the Tigers are going.. But I meant what I said.. FSU is the best team in college ball..not Alabama. To answer your question..you have to look at the season. Mason has been doing this consistently.. Missouri didn't look great but it's the AU line.. Ala. had the same trouble..Ga. same.. The AU run is hard to stop..the line is freakishly strong and the plays called are dead on.. It's a deadly combo.. So I wouldn't say Missouri had a bad game.. To answer this question..I've read it many places here: It was Auburn that smashed the run..not Missouri not playing up to their game.. Auburn's run is that good. And they can sting you with their passing game because they're underestimated and it's not expected..but deadly accurate.

This will be an awesome match up. I'm not going out on a limb and making a prediction.. FSU rocks! I've watched them all year.. But it seems like betting against AU is looking foolish. They don't know how to lose.

Quote:Thank you JaguarsWoman.. I obviously love football and especially SEC football.. However, I have a healthy respect for the ACC.. Actually to tell the truth, the ACC scares the crap out of me. This game scares me..very happy to be here and so happy the Tigers are going.. But I meant what I said.. FSU is the best team in college ball..not Alabama. To answer your question..you have to look at the season. Mason has been doing this consistently.. Missouri didn't look great but it's the AU line.. Ala. had the same trouble..Ga. same.. The AU run is hard to stop..the line is freakishly strong and the plays called are dead on.. It's a deadly combo.. So I wouldn't say Missouri had a bad game.. To answer this question..I've read it many places here: It was Auburn that smashed the run..not Missouri not playing up to their game.. Auburn's run is that good. And they can sting you with their passing game because they're underestimated and it's not expected..but deadly accurate.

This will be an awesome match up. I'm not going out on a limb and making a prediction.. FSU rocks! I've watched them all year.. But it seems like betting against AU is looking foolish. They don't know how to lose.

Are the guards or center eligible for the draft? The Jaguars could use them.

Sorry.. I didn't answer your specific question. That would be..I have no idea.. You might have seen more from Marshal and a more balanced approach.. It's possible. Mal's a new coach and this team is unpredictable. It's all new to the Auburn Nation!

They're a young team.. Give'em a year or two.. Y'all gonna take'em away from us? They're good.. They are good..

Quote:They're a young team.. Give'em a year or two.. Y'all gonna take'em away from us? They're good.. They are good..

The Jaguars need to upgrade their offensive line. If your linemen are good enough to start in the NFL when they become eligible, they will be on our radar.

Quote:Y'all do I'll give y'all that. The noles haven't played a team on Auburns level. Just don't think much of them cause of there schedule.

I agree this will be the best team we have played this year, but you don't think much of FSU?  Really?  Regardless of their schedule, FSU is an elite team and if they beat Auburn will probably be considered the best FSU team ever.  And that is saying something.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 06:45 PM by badger.)

people said the auburn defense wasnt very good when they played Oregon and that high-flying Chip Kelley offense. it was a 21-19 game

Quote:people said the auburn defense wasnt very good when they played Oregon and that high-flying Chip Kelley offense. it was a 21-19 game

We have better horses than Oregon. Our offensive line matches up a lot better than theirs did.