Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Koyak and Sterling

Thomas could be back next year - all it takes is a new coaching staff giving him a fresh slate.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Cut Thomas. Bring back Lewis on a cheap deal if he still wants to play. He should retire a Jag and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the Ring of Honor one day.

Ring of Honor?

For the Jaguars?

Quote:Ring of Honor?

For the Jaguars?

It is called Pride of the Jaguars. Right now Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor, Tony Boselli, and the Weavers are on it.

Quote:It is called Pride of the Jaguars. Right now Mark Brunell, Fred Taylor, Tony Boselli, and the Weavers are on it.
J Smooth will be come Sunday. Deserved, regardless of off field issues. Anyway, Sterling will be a good TE for us with Koyack and Eillis. Julius should get the axe this off season, as should Lewis. 

Quote:J Smooth will be come Sunday. Deserved, regardless of off field issues. Anyway, Sterling will be a good TE for us with Koyack and Eillis. Julius should get the axe this off season, as should Lewis. 

Fans are not going to remember him for having a few off-field issues. What they remember him for are his plays with the ball on Sundays, which were mostly good.

For the Jaguars?

Yeah the pride thing.

Julius Thomas...a product of Peyton Manning

"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Quote:Julius Thomas...a product of Peyton Manning

You say that because you hate Manning which is because of what he did to us with the Colts, right? I have seen a lot of posters do that here. I actually watched Broncos games when he was there and Jaguars games since he came here. He is actually a good TE and not just "a product of Peyton Manning."

For the Jaguars?

I can't envision that either,  though a 1 day contract at retirement is likely. 

Quote:You say that because you hate Manning which is because of what he did to us with the Colts, right? I have seen a lot of posters do that here. I actually watched Broncos games when he was there and Jaguars games since he came here. He is actually a good TE and not just "a product of Peyton Manning."

NewJagsCity is praising Peyton Manning.

Koyack can't possibly be that bad of a blocker to justify the lack of playing time and why we never try to get our TEs up the seams like other teams do I couldn't answer. I actually think Koyack and Sterling could be good and wouldn't mind more 2 TE , 2 WR sets taking off whichever of the WR trio ( AROB , Hurns , Lee) needs a breather.

But we'd also need routes that actually compliment each other on a play by play basis and that's impossible for our offensive staff even though other teams do it to our defense weekly.

Quote:Koyack can't possibly be that bad of a blocker to justify the lack of playing time and why we never try to get our TEs up the seams like other teams do I couldn't answer. I actually think Koyack and Sterling could be good and wouldn't mind more 2 TE , 2 WR sets taking off whichever of the WR trio ( AROB , Hurns , Lee) needs a breather.

But we'd also need routes that actually compliment each other on a play by play basis and that's impossible for our offensive staff even though other teams do it to our defense weekly.

Koyack is starring as a pass catcher, not a blocker. When have you seen him block anyone? Of course he is filling in for an injured player, but I never saw #83 block someone.

Quote:notice how the production out of that position is basically the same without our expensive starters in there
Actually.

It's not the same.

These 2 guys fight for the ball and fight for us.

Only Mercedes fought for tax.

Neither him nor Thomas run FAST OR QUICK routes.

Both of these guys will produce more for us than the 2 vets.

Period

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 12:33 AM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Quote:Koyack can't possibly be that bad of a blocker to justify the lack of playing time and why we never try to get our TEs up the seams like other teams do I couldn't answer. I actually think Koyack and Sterling could be good and wouldn't mind more 2 TE , 2 WR sets taking off whichever of the WR trio ( AROB , Hurns , Lee) needs a breather.

Great observation.

Have you seen these guys fight for the ball and yac?

Light years better than giraffe and jt.

They're hungry...and young...

Critical mistake taking jt in fa.

His success was a product of Manning being the best at going through his progressions which typically ends up with the tight end open or covered by a linebacker. Blake Bortles progression is take the snap looked at first receiver look to a second option and throw the ball off of the foot of our running back which gets picked off and ran back for a touchdown. Tight ends are never going to be very consistently productive with Bortles unless he improves his overall game.

Period

Quote:You say that because you hate Manning which is because of what he did to us with the Colts, right? I have seen a lot of posters do that here. I actually watched Broncos games when he was there and Jaguars games since he came here. He is actually a good TE and not just "a product of Peyton Manning."

Peyton Manning was with the Colts?? I thought he created Papa John's pizza. Learn something new everyday.

Quote:Peyton Manning was with the Colts?? I thought he created Papa John's pizza. Learn something new everyday.

You know better than to say stuff like that. I don't tolerate stupidity.

Everybody please start reporting MJF's posts to the moderators where she insults people for no reason. We have to band together to get her out of here.

Quote:Everybody please start reporting MJF's posts to the moderators where she insults people for no reason. We have to band together to get her out of here.

put her on ignore. it's glorious

Quote:You know better than to say stuff like that. I don't tolerate stupidity.

I'm blocking you for being mean and for thinking Malik Jackson was a NT.

Quote:put her on ignore. it's glorious

It's like watching a train wreck. Hard to look away.