Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "King Of Queens"

Quote:I hate this kind of show! The ones where they make the husband a selfishly inept moron, and the wife a total shrew of a woman. HATE THEM! I find no comic relief in them what so ever. Everyone love Raymond was one of the worst!

Maybe I put too much thought into it...but I always wonder how in the hell two people like that would ever get married much less stay married! :blink:

Same.

There's not many sitcoms that I like, honestly.  I think the only ones I've watched recently are old ones, though I did recently start watching Reba, which turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

I'm glad my wife and I have mostly similar tastes in t.v.  Even when I'd think we wouldn't.  But we don't watch any sitcoms.  I miss the days of the old Family Sitcoms like Step By Step and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  TGIF was great back in the day.  Now you have sitcoms that aren't much for families.

King of Queen's wasn't the worst though.  I can certainly see how it appeals to people (unlike some of today's sitcoms where I just sit and shake my head)  It and Everybody Love's Raymond could be entertaining from time to time.  The worst for me was always either The War At Home (with the extremely abrasive Michael Rappaport) or Yes, Dear.  

Hard to believe that these kids from sitcoms even 10 years ago are now adults.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Same.

There's not many sitcoms that I like, honestly.  I think the only ones I've watched recently are old ones, though I did recently start watching Reba, which turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

I'm glad my wife and I have mostly similar tastes in t.v.  Even when I'd think we wouldn't.  But we don't watch any sitcoms.  I miss the days of the old Family Sitcoms like Step By Step and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  TGIF was great back in the day.  Now you have sitcoms that aren't much for families.

King of Queen's wasn't the worst though.  I can certainly see how it appeals to people (unlike some of today's sitcoms where I just sit and shake my head)  It and Everybody Love's Raymond could be entertaining from time to time.  The worst for me was always either The War At Home (with the extremely abrasive Michael Rappaport) or Yes, Dear.  

Hard to believe that these kids from sitcoms even 10 years ago are now adults.

Never hear of War at Home...but I hated Yes, Dear too. It seems like these shows are about two people constantly trying to screw the other one over and then trying to aw shucks it at the end to make everything right in the world.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I still watch the Andy Griffith show on TV land. :thumbsup: 

I watch King of Queens and everybody loves Raymond on occasion, they're okay, but nothing special. I probably wouldn't watch Everybody loves Raymond at all if not for the character of his brother, Robert, who makes the show, IMO. 

KIng of the Hill is a good show, but rarely actually all that funny. 

Quote:I hate this kind of show! The ones where they make the husband a selfishly inept moron, and the wife a total shrew of a woman. HATE THEM! I find no comic relief in them what so ever. Everyone love Raymond was one of the worst!

Maybe I put too much thought into it...but I always wonder how in the hell two people like that would ever get married much less stay married! :blink:

:blink: 

Quote:I still watch the Andy Griffith show on TV land. :thumbsup: 

I watch King of Queens and everybody loves Raymond on occasion, they're okay, but nothing special. I probably wouldn't watch Everybody loves Raymond at all if not for the character of his brother, Robert, who makes the show, IMO. 

KIng of the Hill is a good show, but rarely actually all that funny. 

:blink:

Don't you :blink: at me Mister!!! Tongue

I feel the same way. Leah Remini was kinda hot, but not hot enough that I could stand watching Kevin James and Jerry Stiller. Couldn't stand Everybody Likes Raymond, either. He sounded like he was always whining, and would fail to man up at almost every turn.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:In King of the Hill?!?! Not from what I see when I watch it. Then again, I may be skewed.

Nah he confused me too lol, and I've seen every episode quite a few times.  

The episode when they went to the cabin because he thought he had taken Carrie there before, but it was someone else was one of the best of the series.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

KOQ is a funny sitcom ... I put it in the Mike and Molly class (or vice versa)

Which Sitcom is your most favorite of all time? Now that is where this thread should have went.

Andy Griffith, I love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Dick Van Dyke ... :yes:

Laverne and Shirley? ... I was the guy they casted as Squiggy. Smile

Sitcom > reality TV.

And I actually liked war at home.

Quote:KOQ is a funny sitcom ... I put it in the Mike and Molly class (or vice versa)

Which Sitcom is your most favorite of all time? Now that is where this thread should have went.

Andy Griffith, I love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Dick Van Dyke ... :yes:

Laverne and Shirley? ... I was the guy they casted as Squiggy. Smile

The Honeymooners is still LOL funny, now some 50-60 years after it was on TV. 

Quote:The Honeymooners is still LOL funny, now some 50-60 years after it was on TV. 

Honeymooners was on another level.  Gleason's performances were untouchable.  I don't think there's an actor in the past couple decades who could come close to playing that character like that.  

I love Lucy and Laverne and Shirley are certainly up there, along with Three's Company. Lucille ball and John Ritter were physical comedy geniuses and masters of the "misunderstanding". There were some episodes of Three's that were basically homages to I love Lucy.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 11:02 PM by TravC59.)

Three's Company was a good one.

Taxi, Gilligan's Island, Roseanne, Cheers, all were good.

Edit.....Add Gilligan's Island, Seinfeld, and All in the Family

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 11:19 PM by jag86fan.)

Taxi was great. Get Smart was good in it's day. Cheers and it's Frazier spinoff were also fun to watch.

Still like to watch reruns of Married With Children.

Barney Miller and Night Court were pretty enjoyable, too.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

Quote:Taxi was great. Get Smart was good in it's day. Cheers and it's Frazier spinoff were also fun to watch.

Still like to watch reruns of Married With Children.

Barney Miller and Night Court were pretty enjoyable, too.

Barney Miller sucked. It was a snoozefest. 

Taxi was a good one. As was Cheers. 

How could I have forgotten Al Bundy. "Why does he keep calling me a chicken?!" Marcy Darcy

Quote:How could I have forgotten Al Bundy. "Why does he keep calling me a chicken?!" Marcy Darcy

"I'm not going to sit here and be called a TV in my own home!.....You're a TV"!!!  -Al Bundy to Peg

I'm guessing Barney Miller was a little too cerebral for you. They had a great ensemble. It was a slower paced show that allowed the humor to develop.

;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

Quote:I'm guessing Barney Miller was a little too cerebral for you. They had a great ensemble. It was a slower paced show that allowed the humor to develop.

Ah yes, Barney Miller was a real Mensa convention.... Rolleyes 

Quote:I'm guessing Barney Miller was a little too cerebral for you. They had a great ensemble. It was a slower paced show that allowed the humor to develop.

I loved Barney Miller!