Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Man survives 60 hours at bottom of Atlantic, rescued after finding air pocket in tugboat

Man survives 60 hours at bottom of Atlantic, rescued after finding air pocket in tugboat
  Entombed at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean in an upended tugboat for three days, Harrison Odjegba Okene begged God for a miracle.

The Nigerian cook survived by breathing an ever-dwindling supply of oxygen in an air pocket. A video[Image: external-link.png] of Okene's rescue in May that was posted on the Internet more than six months later has gone viral this week.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/12/04/...p=HPBucket

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013, 03:52 PM by TravC59.)

Saw this story yesterday, incredible, unreal.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Wow! That's incredible.

Amazing. I can't even imagine what he went through in his mind. To sit there in complete darkness for 3 days. No food or water, just waiting out your fate. 

Quote:Amazing. I can't even imagine what he went through in his mind. To sit there in complete darkness for 3 days. No food or water, just waiting out your fate. 
The other part is when do you just give up?  I mean he pretty much had it in his mind that it was going to be all over.

At what point do you say ok, I'm going to make a go of this and try to get out of the boat?  Obviously not making it...but still.

Quote:The other part is when do you just give up?  I mean he pretty much had it in his mind that it was going to be all over.

At what point do you say ok, I'm going to make a go of this and try to get out of the boat?  Obviously not making it...but still.
I probably would have done that instantly.  I don't know how many people would actually have the willpower that this guy did in that situation.

Thank goodness he wasn't me. I would have pooped my pants, and then have to push it away for the next 59 hours. ... Unless it was Diarrhea, then it would be like an oil slick.

Quote: 

<div>Thank goodness he wasn't me. I would have pooped my pants, and then have to push it away for the next 59 hours. ... Unless it was Diarrhea, then it would be like an oil slick.

</div>

I'll tell you what would have made me poop my pants is if I were the diver that reached out to his hand, fully expecting it to be a dead person, and it grabbed back.  

Quote: 

<div>Thank goodness he wasn't me. I would have pooped my pants, and then have to push it away for the next 59 hours. ... Unless it was Diarrhea, then it would be like an oil slick.

</div>

You're gross

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Quote:You're gross

And he talks about poop, too.

Quote:I'll tell you what would have made me poop my pants is if I were the diver that reached out to his hand, fully expecting it to be a dead person, and it grabbed back.  

Butt Gas in a wet suit is not a nice thing to happen

Quote:Butt Gas in a wet suit is not a nice thing to happen

It completely throws off buoyancy calculations. 

Quote:I'll tell you what would have made me poop my pants is if I were the diver that reached out to his hand, fully expecting it to be a dead person, and it grabbed back.  

You've never given a Donkey an Enema, have you?

Or, it could have been a Colonoscopy ... whichever one it was I accidentally sedated myself during the procedure.

Quote:Butt Gas in a wet suit is not a nice thing to happen

Great, now I'm stuck for 60 hours, and I can't smoke a cigarette because of the methane build-up? Sad