Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Surprise Performers from Browns Game

I know it's time to focus on Thursday night's game, but after checking out the all-22 footage, I thought these two guys deserved a mention. 

Alualu  - Although we'd all like to see his position upgraded and we have mentally moved on expecting Caldwell to do the same --  he played pretty well on Sunday.    I saw him disrupting the backfield a total of 4 times.  He was credited with only one tackle - but it was behind the line of scrimmage.  He forced the QB toward a near sack by Marks on another play. (Weeden threw the ball away while falling)  Two additional times he forced Weeden to move off his spot. He did his job a little better than we are accustomed to from him. I think at this point - we'd all like to see that every week. 

Pasztor  -  He gave up a sack but it was a coverage sack as the Browns secondary had Henne looking for the open man for way too long to stay clean.  He also allowed a tackle of Todman in the backfield, but the D-line stunted and he couldn't get to the blitzing player in time.  Not good- but not horrible on that particular play. The D had the right thing dialed up for the Jags running down. 

Other than those two plays he it looked like he had a great game - often pushing the pass rusher deep into the backfield and also getting upfield when run blocking on a number of downs.   Let me know if I missed something as I wasn't glued to him the whole time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pasztor is a great find. Is it just a coincidence that the line has played better since he's been starting? I think not! Hopefully he keeps showing improvement and be a rock in that RT spot for years to come.

Pasztor has been such a bright spot. The guy is young, still learning and only gonna get better. Lets get some more hockey players on our o-line.

Dude was a hockey player? If that's so then that's one big behemoth on the ice lol.

Jedd fisch

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Dude was a hockey player? If that's so then that's one big behemoth on the ice lol.

All Canadians play hockey, live in an igloo and drive a moose to work.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM by Mowerguy.)

Two of my favorite hosers...

[Image: Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie.jpg]

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Nice write up. Ive been holding off on All22 the past 2 years because I knew we were going to suck. Going to invest in it next year for sure though.

I think Alualu has worked his way into being a solid player at the LDE position. He isn't stellar but he's not a guy you have to replace to win with either. His stats aren't all that different from Red Bryant in Seatlle.

Like Haveaseat said, Pasztor should only get better. He was promoted from the practice squad on Dec 14 of last year so this really amounts to a rookie season for him. I hope he can get a little stronger in the offseason and now that he"ll be able to focus on his position, hone his craft a bit.

I haven't really paid a lot of attention to this guy but Boselli has been lauding him the last few weeks. Will Rackley. He and Prisco talked a bit about him on Jaguars Monday yesterday, if he can develop into a serviceable starter that would go a long way towards fixing the interior of our line next year.

Good info.

Really suprised by Pasztor and his consistency. Normally with lesser known O-lineman they either have a flash game where the DE's havent really had time to study him and he looks good only to get obliterated the next week by a low end DE with tape on him or they just flat out suck.

Pasztor had the flash game and is building on it.

Good lord i forgot what it was like to have coaches that could actually coach up a player to his potential. No one can tell me Bradley and his staff arent getting it done with the players in the film room . We have seen 2 clear cut busts (AluAlu, Branch) and 2 camp scrub type players (Pasztor,Bradfield) turn their careers in the right direction and become possible pieces to keep around moving forward.

Quote: 

Good lord i forgot what it was like to have coaches that could actually coach up a player to his potential. No one can tell me Bradley and his staff arent getting it done with the players in the film room . We have seen 2 clear cut busts (AluAlu, Branch) and 2 camp scrub type players (Pasztor,Bradfield) turn their careers in the right direction and become possible pieces to keep around moving forward.

Yep!  Still skeptical about what Alualu is actually 'doing' out there…but I am most impressed with Branch's play the past 3 weeks.  

Gene's Myth

I think Branch is officially better than Derrick Harvey was right now.

Quote:I think Branch is officially better than Derrick Harvey was right now.
This....lol

Quote:Good info.

Really suprised by Pasztor and his consistency. Normally with lesser known O-lineman they either have a flash game where the DE's havent really had time to study him and he looks good only to get obliterated the next week by a low end DE with tape on him or they just flat out suck.

Pasztor had the flash game and is building on it.

This, we as Jaguar fans have been through hell, there is finally a silver freaking lining.

Quote:I think Branch is officially better than Derrick Harvey was right now.
No question about that

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"