Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mariota Returning to Oregon Next Season

Quote:Probably a smart move on his part.

I agree......he needs to hone his skills another year.....same with Hundley

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

a little surprising but understandable.

i shouldve made that bet that carr will be one of the top two qb taken lol

Quote:I have faith in Caldwell, but he is not some sort of draft god. He is limited by the picks he gets and what other GMs allow him to do. People seem to think any QB he takes is going to turn into a franchise guy because Caldwell took him. Which is silly.

There is only one sure QB in this draft and there is a limited amount of control Caldwell has over getting him.

That is why I created the Worst Teams Tracker thread: We need other teams to win more games or have a tougher SOS because trading up would be bad.

The people who think simply drafting a quarterback will turn the franchise around don't know what they are talking about. We need to upgrade almost every position.

Honestly, I never thought of Mariota as a first round pick anyway; always said that he, as well as Hundley, should stay in school.  All this does is it will rise Hundley's stock.  Though, it is so hard to imagine 3 first round picks at the moment. 

Quote:Eh, there are so many variables that could harm his stock next season. He definitely needs refinement in some aspects of his game, but he was going in the top 10 in the upcoming draft. I'm not sure I'd risk the millions of dollars.

That is why these guys get those insurance policies.

;

;

Quote:Either way the more meaningless games we win the less and less I care about the Jaguars.

Ok, see ya bro.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Quote:Ok, see ya bro.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Welcome to the forum new guy!

TEST

Quote:Welcome to the forum new guy!
You were leaving too, remember! If we dont draft Geno #2, you were gone.

I didn't want Mariota anyway

Quote: Either way the more meaningless games we win the less and less I care about the Jaguars.

You sound like a real die-hard

;

;

Quote:I do most of my posting while at work and I was off for vacation the past week. Either way the more meaningless games we win the less and less I care about the Jaguars.

Oh, how we wish that were true! Another "real fan".

Somehow I doubt we get so lucky. Even with four more "meaningless wins" I bet we have to see another 876 posts about Bridgewater being the Second Coming.

And they make fun of the Tebowites.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.