Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 3 Jaguars players right now

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 06:04 PM by atburg.)

Quote:Coming into this season, Eugene Monroe, Mojo and Justin Blackmon were arguably the 3 best players on the team.

Now, I believe Marks, Poz and Cyp are holding those spots down.

What say you?
Replace Cyp with Scobee and im on board, Ball, Cyp, and Anger would be my next 3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Replace Cyp with Scobee and im on board, Ball, Cyp, and Anger would be my next 3.

Yeah.  Marks, Poz, Scobee sounds about right to me. 

Advanced metrics has Marks, Ball, & W. Blackmon as our three best. Followed by Gratz, Mincey, & Mike Harris, according to PFF. If I had a chance to to select 3 players off this roster it would be Marks, Cyprien, & Gratz.

I'd take Marks, Cyprien, and Shorts.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Coming into this season, Eugene Monroe, Mojo and Justin Blackmon were arguably the 3 best players on the team.

Now, I believe Marks, Poz and Cyp are holding those spots down.

What say you?
Coming into this season it was Cecil Monroe and Blackmon

Right now it's Poz, Marks and Cecil. 

Poz is so overrated it's not funny.

Not mention of Jordan Todman ? Too bad. I think he's spelled Mojo very well and seems to be dependable on special teams. He ran the ball hard in Cleveland, resembles Shady McCoy a bit.

Quote:Poz is so overrated it's not funny.
Over payed? Maybe. Overrated? Not in the slightest. 

Quote:Over payed? Maybe. Overrated? Not in the slightest. 
Exactly. Poz is playing as good as any LB in the league. 113 tackles, 9 passes defensed, 1.5 sacks, 2 int's, a forced fumble, and a TD. 

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Alan Ball, Jason Babin. Chad Henne

The above are for active players currently playing.

Ball is having a Pro Bowl type of season. I can count the number of times he's been toasted on two fingers. Teams sure look as if they are throwing away from him. I hope he shines Thursday night.

Jason Babin is the veteran leader of the defensive. His style and attitude are a reminder of what we used to be on defense back in the first two to four years of the franchise. Supremely confident. Able to make other players around him better.

Chad Henne. We tease, bully, and bad-mouth him, but dog done it, he's playing really well. If you evaluate his passer ratings, in the first and third quarters he's playing up in the 90s, a place generally reserved for the upper ranks of NFL QBs. Unfortunately, the second and fourth aren't so good. A good offensive coordinator will look at this and understand he plays a role in keeping the passer focused. Just sit down with Chad and keep him in the game.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Besides the usual suspects like Poz , Marks, or Shorts here's mine...

Cyp

Branch - he's been coming alive as of late

Gratz

Honorable mention to Alan Ball because that dude breaks up a lot of passes.
"If they teachin' how to Dougie, I'm condoning dropping out."

Marks poz and Sanders

Honorable mention to both kickers ball and gratz but when your secondary makes palmer Fitzpatrick and Weeden look like Manning Brady and Rodgers I dint feel you can put a secondary player in their

Sanders on the other hand has been the difference maker in our poor offense lately converting 3rd downs and making long gains think he deserves a mention

Quote:Poz is so overrated it's not funny.

Says the tanker.

Cyp gets routinely misplaced in coverage far to often for him to be one of our best players.  One of the fastest rising, most exciting, likable…ya.   But I'd agree with Poz and Marks as our best two.  I like the Scobee idea but he's a kicker so he doesn't count, I'll say Shorts just to make it interesting.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:Says the tanker.

He's an overpaid tackle machine who sucks in coverage and is just decent in run support.

Quote:Exactly. Poz is playing as good as any LB in the league. 113 tackles, 9 passes defensed, 1.5 sacks, 2 int's, a forced fumble, and a TD.

Yup. I saw a stat on NFLN that said Poz was 3rd in the NFL in amount of tackles (behind Vontaze Burfict, and another whom I can't remember).

Anger

Shorts

Todman

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Current:

Marks - Been a force on the inside and our best FA pickup.

Poz - Mr.consistent and the leader of our young D.

Scobee - Dude has a sniper scope attached to his foot.

Future Rookie standouts:

Gratz - Dude hits hard and finds the ball. Highly aggressive and feisty CB with great athletics.

Cyprien - Rookie playing good in a defense that specifically relies on the box SS  to make plays. Nuff said

Sanders - Punt return and passing game weapon who will thrive with a better QB and Blackmon taking coverages.

Honorable Mentions:

Ball - Has played well after finding a home in Jville.

Anger- Still only a punter but he has been clutch.

Branch - Now hear me out this is for being the most improved. I still feel every player i've already listed is still MUCH better at their respective positions but Branch has begun to shed the bust label and possibly made himself a keeper.

When Pozluzny retires, he needs to be a coach either in college or NFL and teach a lot of the young defensive guys proper tackling technique.

Quote:He's an overpaid tackle machine who sucks in coverage and is just decent in run support.

Tackling is so overrated in football.