Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Playoff Thread

I'd go Green, White, Wright.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think I'd go White, Davis, Jennings.

Another vote for this combo.

I'm in three leagues, all of which are playing their last regular season game this week:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- 4-9, in my nfl.com league. Been hurt with lacklustre performances (eg. Ray Rice, RGIII) and injuries (Cobb and 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- 9-4, in my yahoo league. I'm currently ranked #3, if I had won last week I would have been ranked #1. Last week I was mainly hurt by Brees' performance in Seattle, and benching Decker in favor of DeSean Jackson and Keenan Allen...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">- 10-3, in my fleaflicker league. I'm currently ranked #1, clinched my division and a round 1 bye. The funny thing in this league is that my team ranks 9/12 in points scored, but luckily has seen the fewest points scored against. 

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Overall I am pretty happy with my fantasy season so far this year and looking forward to the play offs. 

I've got a few calls to make for my starting line up in my yahoo league, and any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

QB: Brees - no other QB on my roster. 

RB: Chris Johnson and Andre Brown - alternatives are Pierre Thomas and Shane Vereen.

<b>WR: </b>DeSean Jackson and Eric Decker - alternatives are Keenan Allen, Steve Smith, Michael Floyd and Kendal Wright.

RB/WR Flex: Keenan Allen

TE: Antonio Gates - no other TE on my roster.

<b>K: </b>Hauschka - no other K on my roster.

<b>DEF: </b>Chiefs - alternative is Panthers

My main issue is with the WRs and flex position. Have I got the 'right' combination? 

I think Vereen should have another decent performance, and Wright and Floyd have had good turn outs fantasy wise. Decisions decisions...

Quote:I've got a few calls to make for my starting line up in my yahoo league, and any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

RB: Chris Johnson and Andre Brown - alternatives are Pierre Thomas and Shane Vereen.
WR: DeSean Jackson and Eric Decker - alternatives are Keenan Allen, Steve Smith, Michael Floyd and Kendal Wright.
K: Hauschka - no other K on my roster.
DEF: Chiefs - alternative is Panthers

My main issue is with the WRs and flex position. Have I got the 'right' combination? 

I think Vereen should have another decent performance, and Wright and Floyd have had good turn outs fantasy wise. Decisions decisions...

IMO, you're good. Relax and enjoy the ride into the championship game.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I think I'd go White, Davis, Jennings.

That's actually who I have in there at present, but I keep wondering if I should make any changes.

'02

Quote:You had Foles all year?

No I got him two weeks prior to his 7 TD explosion. I got pretty lucky I'd say.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Oof. That's a tough matchup to start with. Your rbs are damn good and should carry you.

They usually do lol... Cruz has been a huge letdown but I keep sticking with him. Graham has helped a ton as expected.

I usually alternate defenses just about every week but my main guys are who I stick with.

I even had Rashad Jennings a few of his good weeks before letting him go.

Quote:I even had Rashad Jennings a few of his good weeks before letting him go.

I know what you're saying. I picked up Jennings for one week back when he first started a game due to McFadden's injury, and he had a huge game. I waived him after the game, and then picked him back up a few weeks ago. I've basically had him for each of his big games, but not for any others. That said, they still don't even know if he'll be able to play this Sunday due to his concussion. This has me wondering, if Jennings can't go prompting me to select a last second flex, who should I go with? My best options appear to be...

RB BenJarvis Green-Ellis vs Colts

WR Kendall Wright at Broncos

WR Nate Burleson at Eagles

'02

Wright

Yeah go with kendall Wright for sure

Quote:I know what you're saying. I picked up Jennings for one week back when he first started a game due to McFadden's injury, and he had a huge game. I waived him after the game, and then picked him back up a few weeks ago. I've basically had him for each of his big games, but not for any others. That said, they still don't even know if he'll be able to play this Sunday due to his concussion. This has me wondering, if Jennings can't go prompting me to select a last second flex, who should I go with? My best options appear to be...

RB BenJarvis Green-Ellis vs Colts

WR Kendall Wright at Broncos

WR Nate Burleson at Eagles

I'd go with Wright. He's the Titans number #1 receiver and he's building a solid relationship with Fitzpatrick. Only thing that hurts Wright is his lack of TDs, but his receptions and yardage generally pull in a decent enough amount of points. 

Quote:I'd go with Wright. He's the Titans number #1 receiver and he's building a solid relationship with Fitzpatrick. Only thing that hurts Wright is his lack of TDs, but his receptions and yardage generally pull in a decent enough amount of points. 

Wright imo is one of the most consistent players in the league. Knowing that I feel he's a guaranteed 6 to 8 points every week. The thing is, I'm hoping for more points than that. He'd be a great PPR receiver, but in a standard league you pretty much have to score TDs. With that in mind I'm still seriously thinking about Burleson against a weak Eagles secondary thinking that last week they were merely resting his arm due to the short week. That said, another player I've started to consider from my bench is Doug Baldwin at the 49ers. Hopefully Jennings plays so I don't even have to make this decision.

'02

Quote:Wright imo is one of the most consistent players in the league. Knowing that I feel he's a guaranteed 6 to 8 points every week. The thing is, I'm hoping for more points than that. He'd be a great PPR receiver, but in a standard league you pretty much have to score TDs. With that in mind I'm still seriously thinking about Burleson against a weak Eagles secondary thinking that last week they were merely resting his arm due to the short week. That said, another player I've started to consider from my bench is Doug Baldwin at the 49ers. Hopefully Jennings plays so I don't even have to make this decision.

That'd be fine. The Eagles are one of the worst teams in league defending receivers. I just like Wright because of the amount of passing attempts Fitzpatrick will have.

Also Jennings owners. He is out so if you need a back pick up Marcel Reece

Nice game Trav.  

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM by TravC59.)

I never follow Game like I did with this one. First time I checked it was right before the Carolina-NO game. I knew I had a shot with Gano and him playing Carolina D vs No, I was thrilled with that move.

I followed just about score by score.

Season record, me 2, TMD 1.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I never follow Game like I did with this one. First time I checked it was right before the Carolina-NO game. I knew I had a shot with Gano and him playing Carolina D vs No, I was thrilled with that move.

I followed just about score by score.

Season record, me 2, TMD 1.
And delivered the knockout blow. PERFECT!!!!!

Unfortunately, I lost in my money league. I would have actually played an easier team, and won, if I had lost my last regular season game.

Oh well.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm in a close game in trav's league. I got screwed by the weather.......Calvin and stafford Sad

But, I have Chicago's kicker vs Alshon Jeffrey and I'm up 8.

Quote:I've got a few calls to make for my starting line up in my yahoo league, and any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

<b>WR: </b>DeSean Jackson and Eric Decker - alternatives are Keenan Allen, Steve Smith, Michael Floyd and Kendal Wright.

<b>K: </b>Hauschka - no other K on my roster.

<b>DEF: </b>Chiefs - alternative is Panthers

Solid win this week, I'd assume? Chiefs defense and Drew Breese alone.