Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Playoff Thread

Quote:I whined for a brief period yesterday. JC robbed me of 600 bucks. But, that's fantasy football for ya.

I lost a chance at $2480 to Jamaal Charles yesterday. Then got about 1000 "Charles in Charge" texts from my opponent.

It stung a bit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I lost a chance at $2480 to Jamaal Charles yesterday. Then got about 1000 "Charles in Charge" texts from my opponent.

It stung a bit.

Oof. Much worse than mine. Sorry Sad

Ooooohhhhh myyyyyy goooossshhhh!!!!

Tucker is my kicker and I was facing Megatron in the playoffs!!!!!!!

Woooooooott!!!!

I've had Prater all year. Last week, I decided to pick up Tucker from Waivers and start him.

Prater gets his season high, 17, and sets the NFL FG distance record.

This week, I go back to Prater, and Tucker kicks 6 field goes.

Can't believe I'm playing in the Championship tomorrow even though Vereen, Tate, and Demaryius Thomas all put up duds. Yes, yes, I was one of the lucky ones with Charles.

I am also in the Championship but am worried on what my best line up will be...

Right now starting I have,

QB- Cam N.

RB- DeMarco Murray, Gio Bernard

WR- Alshon Jeffery, A.J. Green, DeSean Jackson

TE- Vernon Davis

K-Steven Hauschka

DEF- Chiefs

My back-ups are

QB- Andrew L.

RB- Shane Vereen, Chris Johnson, Rashad Jennings

WR- Demariyus Thomas, Keenan Allen

I'm not sure if Andrew Luck will have a big game again or go back to stinking. Also, do you guys think CJ2K will run all over the Jags? Rashad Jennings has been on fire lately too, not sure what to do. Keenan Allen could be a good start too. But i need sure-fire starters

The only spot I'd think about switching is the 2nd RB. I'm honestly not sure what I would there but, I'd definitely leave the rest as is.

Quote:I am also in the Championship but am worried on what my best line up will be...

Right now starting I have,

QB- Cam N.

RB- DeMarco Murray, Gio Bernard

WR- Alshon Jeffery, A.J. Green, DeSean Jackson

TE- Vernon Davis

K-Steven Hauschka

DEF- Chiefs

My back-ups are

QB- Andrew L.

RB- Shane Vereen, Chris Johnson, Rashad Jennings

WR- Demariyus Thomas, Keenan Allen

I'm not sure if Andrew Luck will have a big game again or go back to stinking. Also, do you guys think CJ2K will run all over the Jags? Rashad Jennings has been on fire lately too, not sure what to do. Keenan Allen could be a good start too. But i need sure-fire starters

My championship team is

QB: Ryan Tannehill

RB Jamaal Charles

RB: Reggie Bush

FLEX: C.J. Spiller

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Josh Gordon

TE: Delanie Walker

K: Matt Prater

DEF: Cleveland Browns

Bench:

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Matt Ryan

RB: Shane Vereen, Ben Tate

WR: Marques Colston

TE: Coby Fleener

The FLEX position is eating me right now. Shane Vereen is in a 3 running back committee, Ben Tate is meh, and C.J. Spiller is boom or bust.

I think you need to put Demaryius Thomas in over Jeffery or Jackson. With Welker out and the Bronces needing this game, I expect Manning to be slinging it and Thomas to get a lot of looks.

Quote:My championship team is

RB Jamaal Charles

Bench:

The FLEX position is eating me right now. Shane Vereen is in a 3 running back committee, Ben Tate is meh, and C.J. Spiller is boom or bust.

I think you need to put Demaryius Thomas in over Jeffery or Jackson. With Welker out and the Bronces needing this game, I expect Manning to be slinging it and Thomas to get a lot of looks.

Nice team!

Should've been better. Spiller was suppose to be a stud this year.

I got Gordon late in the draft because people were cautious of his off-the-field issues. Biggest steal of the season, IMO.

Quote:My championship team is

RB Jamaal Charles

Bench:

I too have that Flex position to worry about wether Jackson or Thomas there.

I think I will sit Bernard...i hope it doesnt haunt me. Put Jennings as the #2 back because he's getting high points lately.

My line up will end up looking like

QB-  SuperCam Newton

RB- DeMarco Murray,

RB- Rashad J.

WR- Alshon J.

WR- AJ Green

Flex- Thomas or Jackson

blah blah lol

Yours however should look like this IMO:

QB- Tannehill

RB- Charles(lucky ***)

RB- Reggie Bush

Flex- Shane Vereen

WR- Thomas

WR- Josh Gordon

TE- Walker

blah blah lol

Was wondering how good is the other team your playing?

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 02:15 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

You think Vereen over Spiller? I know Vereen is more of a hybrid WR than a RB, but he only had 5 touches (2 carries, 3 receptions) last week. His big game 2 weeks ago came when Ridlay was inactive. Spiller/Vereen/Colston all are about equal. Heck, I might live on the edge and pick up Justin Hunter vs our Jags this week.

The team I'm playing led the league in scoring (I was 2nd) and record (my record was not good. rough start to the season).

QB Rivers vs Tannehill

RB Murray vs Charles

RB Forte vs Bush

FLEX Moreno vs Spiller/Vereen/Colston

WR Bryant vs Thomas

WR A.J. Green vs Gordon

TE Julius Thomas vs Walker

blah, blah

hbu?

The Pats wirh Gronkowski going down need another dimension to the vertical game, in comes Vereen, where his true ability is.

He is Very similar to Jennings, a lot of people hated on him his last year here, because he was misued by Mularkey and doomed by our bad o-line (anyways)..

I believe you should start him.

I came in as the #3 seed (highest points tho), They were the #1 seed (2nd highest)

QB- Newton vs Brees(literally)

RB- Murray vs Charles (im screwed)

WR- Jeffery vs B. Marshall

TE- V. Davis vs Witten

Flex- Jackson vs M. Floyd

You'll have an blast following the CAR/NO and CHI/PHI games. That is what fantasy football is all about.

I try to get my girlfriend to understand. "We want the Bears to score by throwing the ball, but it has to be to #17, not #15. We don't care if the Bears win or lose, though."

or "We want the Saints to score with their running back, so then the Panthers need to throw the ball more."

Quote:The Pats wirh Gronkowski going down need another dimension to the vertical game, in comes Vereen, where his true ability is.

He is Very similar to Jennings, a lot of people hated on him his last year here, because he was misued by Mularkey and doomed by our bad o-line (anyways)..

I believe you should start him.

I came in as the #3 seed (highest points tho), They were the #1 seed (2nd highest)

QB- Newton vs Brees(literally)

RB- Murray vs Charles (im screwed)

WR- Jeffery vs B. Marshall

TE- V. Davis vs Witten

Flex- Jackson vs M. Floyd

I don't think you'll be too screwed with the Murray vs Charles matchup. Dallas is going to run a ton against the worst run defense in the league. Especially since the end of the game debacle Sunday.

Quote:I don't think you'll be too screwed with the Murray vs Charles matchup. Dallas is going to run a ton against the worst run defense in the league. Especially since the end of the game debacle Sunday.

Charles is the best fantasy RB in the league and is going up against the 27th ranked run defense. Meanwhile, Murray faces a team that held him to 10 points earlier in the season.

Charles has 122 points in the past 4 weeks.

Murray has 73 points in the past 4 weeks.

Betting against Charles is a bad idea.

Quote:Charles is the best fantasy RB in the league and is going up against the 27th ranked run defense. Meanwhile, Murray faces a team that held him to 10 points earlier in the season.

Charles has 122 points in the past 4 weeks.

Murray has 73 points in the past 4 weeks.

Betting against Charles is a bad idea.

You're acting like I don't know what Charles has been doing. I'm well aware but I think Murray will be a top 5 back this week.

Can you really say Washington "held" him to 10 points when he only had 7 carries? Like I said I believe Dallas will lean on the run this week against the worst run defense in the league.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 11:28 AM by jagherd.)

Quote:I don't think you'll be too screwed with the Murray vs Charles matchup. Dallas is going to run a ton against the worst run defense in the league. Especially since the end of the game debacle Sunday.
This is what I'm worried about regarding Dallas,, that they'll rely heavily on the run.

I'm in championship game. My 2 QB to choose from are Romo / Brady. I've been rolling with Romo most of the year. Most weeks, he either outperforms Brady, or ends up about the same.

Need some advice for my QB:

Should I go with Brady @ Ravens,, or Romo @ Skins (Dallas run heavy possibly)?

Iono. That's a tough decision. Baltimore always seems to have Brady's number but Romo is inconsistent on the road. I do not envy that decision.

I'd probably go Brady.

Quote:Should've been better. Spiller was suppose to be a stud this year.

I got Gordon late in the draft because people were cautious of his off-the-field issues. Biggest steal of the season, IMO.

Yeah I had Spiller in two leagues, as well as about 5 of your other guys. Spiller ended up being a bit of a headache. Gordon was the type of pick that wins your league. Good luck to you.

Quote:Iono. That's a tough decision. Baltimore always seems to have Brady's number but Romo is inconsistent on the road. I do not envy that decision.

I'd probably go Brady.

I'm leaning that way. It's a tough call though. I've ridden Romo most of the year, and have had good success (obviously, in championship). But, this whole week of Dallas getting blasted for not running the ball, has me real worried they are gonna almost exclusively pound it against the Skins. IDK

Thanks.