Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AJ McCarron blurb

1st round? No thank you
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;">NFL.com's Albert Breer believes Alabama senior QB A.J. McCarron has chance to be the first prospect at his position to be selected in May.
"Enough people like him to where I think he has a shot to be the first quarterback taken," Breer tweeted. Even though we disagree with the evaluation, this result would not surprise us. McCarron compares to a poor man's Matt Ryan and is a "what you see is what you get" type prospect. We have read other evaluations that put him in the third-round range. Dec 2 - 2:01 PM

<div style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;"><b>Source:</b> Albert Breer on Twitter

so tmd you gonna hitch your wagon on this one now? who you gonna compare him to this time? kind of funny you think teddy is this great prospect while you hitch your wagon on mccaron and all these scouts think there isnt even a clear cut #1 qb prospect lol

</div>

</div>

I am on board with the Jags drafting McCarron if they are out of the Teddy sweepstakes due to lower draft position. 

Hopefully you'll be able to narrow down your top 100 QB Jags hopefuls by the draft. 

Quote:I am on board with the Jags drafting McCarron if they are out of the Teddy sweepstakes due to lower draft position. 

Hopefully you'll be able to narrow down your top 100 QB Jags hopefuls by the draft. 
[Image: tumblr_mqdn4wNNq21sodxjco1_400.gif]

I say McCarron doesn't get past the Patriots in the draft. He looks like TB out there and there is the Saban-Belichick connection. Mallett goes somewhere for a three and McCarron backs up Brady for 2 years.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I say McCarron doesn't get past the Patriots in the draft. He looks like TB out there and there is the Saban-Belichick connection. Mallett goes somewhere for a three and McCarron backs up Brady for 2 years.

I wonder if the Jags would deal for Mallett even as the 2nd developmental QB (after drafting one in the 1st), if they could get him for one of their 4th rounders?.....

This is why we shouldn't be too upset if we miss out on Bridgewater. There are other good QB prospects in this draft. I'll be happy with any new QB.

Mallett gets beat up by most on this board but he's got great size and a great arm. That being said, I haven't seen much out of him in Patriots pre-season games but Belichick wouldn't hold onto him if he couldn't play. He saw talent in Matt Cassell and was rewarded with stellar play in '08 when TB got hurt and he saw value in Brian Hoyer who went undrafted but served as TB's backup for 3-4 years. Hoyer, of course, looked like an NFL QB with the Browns before getting hurt earlier this year.

I could live with a 4th for him but would probably prefer a couple of Dave Caldwell's hand picked OGs there. Checkdown Chad can lead the way next year and slowly transition the new kid in while taking on the backup role for which he is well-suited, IMO.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I say McCarron doesn't get past the Patriots in the draft. He looks like TB out there and there is the Saban-Belichick connection. Mallett goes somewhere for a three and McCarron backs up Brady for 2 years.

No way Mallett will net a third-rounder in return.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 10:19 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Don't know about McCaron.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking him if we had a QB at the helm that was a winner, and a Vet.  Something like Favre/Rodgers.  Just my 2 cents.  

Also, every time HeeRo posts a gif, I get the feeling someone kills a puppy. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Don't know about McCaron.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking him if we had a QB at the helm that was a winner, and a Vet.  Something like Favre/Rodgers.  Just my 2 cents.  

Also, every time HeeRo posts a gif, I get the feeling someone kills a puppy. 
agree on your take on mccarron but

[Image: 34439274_u_mad_gif.gif]

HeeRo likes killing puppies confirmed!

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:agree on your take on mccarron but

[Image: 34439274_u_mad_gif.gif]

Quote:HeeRo likes killing puppies confirmed!

LOL.  He does have a knack for the wrongest gifs.  

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:HeeRo likes killing puppies confirmed!
[Image: cute-puppy-gifs-lab.gif]

aww wont let me post gifs anymore lol

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 11:55 PM by Tuxedo.)

I personally wouldn't touch McCarron in the first round. I see him as a decent game manager in the pros, but that's not the type of QB you take in the first round. I could see him as a Dalton level QB on a team that loaded with talent, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with that as my "franchise" QB. He's a player that won't really lose you games, but I don't think he'll be putting a team on his back and carrying them to victory on a regular basis.

I could maybe be convinced to take him in the second if most other QB prospects are off the board since we need to have a new QB in 2014, but I think he more of a late 2nd-3rd round talent.

...and Brady was a 6th rounder.

;

;

Before the season started I was all for a Clowney rd1 and McCaron rd2.

I would love bridgewater but if we ended up with this scenario I would be thrilled.

Taking McCarron anywhere before day 3 would be disastrous. Quality backup QB ceiling.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 03:40 AM by Jungle Cat.)

An NFL quarterback's most valuable asset is his arm. I don't see McCarron as specially gifted in that department. True he is a great big college football winner, but so are the rest of A.J.'s team mates and we won't dare draft any of them to play NFL QB.

I hope he can develop into Tom Brady, but he's actually way ahead of Tom Brady speaking from the angle of being an accomplished winner at the NCAA level.

There was poise and class on the decks of the Titanic, too.

Who can forget McCarron's sissy-fit on the middle of the field during a national championship game that was already well out of reach of the opponent? No matter how hard the announcers tried to marginalize it, you could hear him screaming at the center like a cry-baby, and he left the impression he is a spoiled brat trying hard to exploit the situation for personal reasons, not a grown man aware of how to treat a vanquished foe.

If Khan moves the team to London, the site of one of Tom Brady's Super Bowl victories becomes a ghost town. I wonder how that will haunt him in the future?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:An NFL quarterback's most valuable asset is his arm. I don't see McCarron as specially gifted in that department. True he is a great big college football winner, but so are the rest of A.J.'s team mates and we won't dare draft any of them to play NFL QB.

I hope he can develop into Tom Brady, but he's actually way ahead of Tom Brady speaking from the angle of being an accomplished winner at the NCAA level.

There was poise and class on the decks of the Titanic, too.

Who can forget McCarron's sissy-fit on the middle of the field during a national championship game that was already well out of reach of the opponent? No matter how hard the announcers tried to marginalize it, you could hear him screaming at the center like a cry-baby, and he left the impression he is a spoiled brat trying hard to exploit the situation for personal reasons, not a grown man aware of how to treat a vanquished foe.

If Khan moves the team to London, the site of one of Tom Brady's Super Bowl victories becomes a ghost town. I wonder how that will haunt him in the future?
I have to disagree with you on the gifted asset comment.  I think a guy that can read and process a defense quickly and accurately can overcome arm strength.  Gabbert has a cannon but the game appears to be to fast for him to process.  Give me a guy with a brain and a decent arm over a guy with a cannon and average football IQ.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.