Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it possible

Is it possible,

that it is as important to find out that Gus is a real good coach, as it is to get Teddy Bridgewater?  

I think so.   For sure.   It is at least as important to find out that we have an effective coaching staff, and a bunch of players with heart, as it is to get the first pick in the draft.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is it possible,

that it is as important to find out that Gus is a real good coach, as it is to get Teddy Bridgewater?  

I think so.   For sure.   It is at least as important to find out that we have an effective coaching staff, and a bunch of players with heart, as it is to get the first pick in the draft.  
The first pick overall isn't important!

I dunno... who cares about seeing a new head coach that has a team playing hard every week?  Who cares that even under adversity the players have bought into the system and are playing hard every week?   Who cares that the young players on the roster are improving week to week?   Who cares that a team that could have quit at the bye week continues to work and play hard?   NONE OF THAT MATTERS!   We may miss out on the chance to draft a QB from a school that plays a weak schedule with the number 1 pick in the draft!!!   We all know that ONLY QBs taken number 1 are ever any good!  I read that right here on this board.  These people who work that butts off every day should just lay down and quit. What are they thinking?!?!?!

We're screwed.   Good coaches... gaining experience... earning trust..   slap yourself for thinking that is positive. Sheesh.

If were being real, our offense had 2 drives the whole game. Weeden and his center gifted us this win.

Fixed it for you.

Quote:The first pick overall isn't critical!

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If we end up with the third pick in the draft, and the teams picking ahead of us are HOU and ATL, I actually think Teddy could slip to us.  Possibly.  I think Houston goes with Clowney or Barr and ATL goes with whichever one is left over.

Quote:If we end up with the third pick in the draft, and the teams picking ahead of us are HOU and ATL, I actually think Teddy could slip to us.  Possibly.  I think Houston goes with Clowney or Barr and ATL goes with whichever one is left over.
Its possible, come draft day Teddy might not even be the first QB taken.  Too early to tell, we have to see how he plays in his bowl game and how he does at the combine.  I think Carr is going up the charts.

Quote:Its possible, come draft day Teddy might not even be the first QB taken.  Too early to tell, we have to see how he plays in his bowl game and how he does at the combine.  I think Carr is going up the charts.

I think there is going to be a QB (not named Mariota or Hundley) that shoots up draft boards by draft day.  I was thinking it could be Boyd, but I think it might be Mettenberger or Carr.  We'll see.

Quote:I think there is going to be a QB (not named Mariota or Hundley) that shoots up draft boards by draft day.  I was thinking it could be Boyd, but I think it might be Mettenberger or Carr.  We'll see.
Well if someone shoots up it'll be because of workouts, where people fall in love with Height/weight/speed, etc. By those it would probably be MM, although I think he really needs to stay in school (assuming he even comes out.)

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Well if someone shoots up it'll be because of workouts, where people fall in love with Height/weight/speed, etc. By those it would probably be MM, although I think he really needs to stay in school (assuming he even comes out.)

True, but then you've got guys like Joe Flacco (who had a second round grade during the December before his draft), Christian Ponder (who isn't good, but still) and even Mark Sanchez who shot up draft boards during the spring of their respective drafts.  What it really comes down to are teams needing a QB, which there are a handful of them -- especially when you take into consideration only one was drafted in round one in 2013.

I think two...maybe even three...QB's will be taken in the top half of the first round.  Teddy is the given, but the other two could be any combination of Manziel, Mett, Carr, Mariota, or Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 06:37 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:Its possible, come draft day Teddy might not even be the first QB taken.  Too early to tell, we have to see how he plays in his bowl game and how he does at the combine.  I think Carr is going up the charts.
He might not only be the first QB pick, he might not even be in the draft. Unless I have missed where he declared he was coming out.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I have no doubt Gus is the right guy at the HC spot, what remains to be seen is Fisch at OC

Quote:He might not only be the first QB pick, he might not even be in the draft. Unless I have missed where he declared he was coming out.
Teddy has already declared hes going into the draft after this season

It is possible that the OP is an idiot.

Shad Khan said weeks ago everything he sees makes him like Gus Bradley more. He is a guy the players want to play for. Mistakes are to be expected when the new HC is a rookie. Also, because he inherited a mess left by Mike Mularkey and most of his assistants, it takes time to fix the problems in meetings and practices.

About Teddy Bridgewater: It seems like almost everybody wants him, but how does anyone know he is the best quarterback for the Bradley/Fisch offense? Is it possible a different quarterback would be a better fit for us?

Quote:It is possible that the OP is an idiot.

Shad Khan said weeks ago everything he sees makes him like Gus Bradley more. He is a guy the players want to play for. Mistakes are to be expected when the new HC is a rookie. Also, because he inherited a mess left by Mike Mularkey and most of his assistants, it takes time to fix the problems in meetings and practices.

About Teddy Bridgewater: It seems like almost everybody wants him, but how does anyone know he is the best quarterback for the Bradley/Fisch offense? Is it possible a different quarterback would be a better fit for us?

I think you must have misinterpreted my post.   You seem to be agreeing with me.