Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AJ McCarron will probably be our QB

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 05:58 PM by Jaguars28fan.)

I think we need Bridgewater too , but it's not so clear cut and black and white as you think. It does come down to hitting on more picks which we haven't done. And what if we don't get the first pick ??

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think we need Bridgewater too , but it's not so clear cut and black and white as you think. It does come down to hitting on more picks which we haven't done. And what if we don't get the first pick ??
Take Clowney or trade down.

Quote:Bradley said he wants an explosive offense and a qb that's a threat to run, aj brings neither but if he can be had in the 4th and later I wouldn't object.
When did he say that? Not surprised if he did tho.. he wants a Russel Wilson clone. 

Quote:When did he say that? Not surprised if he did tho.. he wants a Russel Wilson clone. 
I remember him saying in during last pre-draft season, shortly after he was hired.

I call it here. If Bradley and co. miss out on TB, they will take Boyd in the 2nd.

Quote:I call it here. If Bradley and co. miss out on TB, they will take Boyd in the 2nd.

Wouldn't be surprised by this. I need to do some more work on Boyd to figure whether I would be disappointed.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:I call it here. If Bradley and co. miss out on TB, they will take Boyd in the 2nd.
Boyd would be a great value in the 2nd but the only way they don't go qb in the first is if clowney is available. Carr would be a good pick outside teddy and clowney. Boyd just screams garrard to me.

Quote:Wouldn't be surprised by this. I need to do some more work on Boyd to figure whether I would be disappointed.
He will play against his nemesis, South Carolina, later tonight. Will be a game I'm watching closely. The problem with Boyd is that the type of offense he runs is your typical read option college offense, so it's a little harder to predict how well he will do in the pro.

The positive atteibutes about him are that he has great footwork, athletic and has one of, if not, the quickest release in college football.

What concerns me is his inconsistent accuracy.

Quote:He will play against his nemesis, South Carolina, later tonight. Will be a game I'm watching closely. The problem with Boyd is that the type of offense he runs is your typical read option college offense, so it's a little harder to predict how well he will do in the pro.

The positive atteibutes about him are that he has great footwork, athletic and has one of, if not, the quickest release in college football.

What concerns me is his inconsistent accuracy.
Ok cool. I'll scout him tonight. I remember watching him suck against FSU a while back. I thought FSU was a fluke so I wrote Boyd off. But since they're very much not a fluke, I'll watch his game tonight.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 07:09 PM by shangster.)

That's the problem with his inconsistent performance. He was inconsistent against SC last year, which ultimately lowered his 2013 draft stock. But then his performance against LSU in their bowl game gave me some hope that he will break out this year.

Quote:You're just jealous because of his gf...

[Image: katherine-webb-aj-mccarron-girlfriend-alabama.jpg]

Not saying I'd ever throw her outta bed for eating crackers....but, 

to be honest, she's kinda "meh" to me. I prefer a more curvy woman thats a little bit "healthier" should I say. Not heavy, but not Olive Oyl above, either. 

McCarron showing off the arm

Quote:McCarron showing off the arm

That one went like 40 yrds and it looked like he put everything into it. 

dude is underrated

That 99 yard bomb was soooo lucky. He under threw cooper (again) big time.

Bortles' girlfriend > AJ's girlfriend

We'll need to do more research on the other QBs to decide who to draft

After watching every second of the Iron Bowl, I got this impression of A.J. McCarron: His biggest problem is overthrowing the football, but taller and faster receivers would certainly increase his completion percentage.

Quote:Bortles' girlfriend > AJ's girlfriend

We'll need to do more research on the other QBs to decide who to draft

The one with the best looking gf gets my vote lol. Comparison time?

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 10:06 PM by CSTblank.)

Quote:After watching every second of the Iron Bowl, I got this impression of A.J. McCarron: His biggest problem is overthrowing the football, but taller and faster receivers would certainly increase his completion percentage.

A fair assessment. I think with LSU's WRs on Bama's offense, they win the Iron Bowl with style.

Quote:A fair assessment. I think with LSU's WRs on Bama's offense, they win the Iron Bowl with style.

So I do know something about evaluating quarterbacks.