Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoff races

And the Colts won the AFCS anyway. Shows you how bad our division is.

The Ravens are sneaking up on the Bengals. Do we have to pray for them to lose?

Prediction time: How many teams will clinch playoff spots this week?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And the Colts won the AFCS anyway. Shows you how bad our division is.

The Ravens are sneaking up on the Bengals. Do we have to pray for them to lose?

Prediction time: How many teams will clinch playoff spots this week?

I hate the Ravens. They have a tough last 3 games (Lions, Patriots, Bengals). But, although those 3 are good teams, the Ravens can beat them all. I hope they lose some. The Ravens are a team that can do damage of they make the playoffs.

I'm hoping for a Bengals win @ Pitt this week (always a rough game for Cincy), and A Ravens loss. That'll clinch a spot for Cincy.

Quote:I hate the Ravens. They have a tough last 3 games (Lions, Patriots, Bengals). But, although those 3 are good teams, the Ravens can beat them all. I hope they lose some. The Ravens are a team that can do damage of they make the playoffs.

I'm hoping for a Bengals win @ Pitt this week (always a rough game for Cincy), and A Ravens loss. That'll clinch a spot for Cincy.

Are you a Bengals fan?

The Ravens can beat any of those teams, but I don't think they will win out.

Quote: Are you a Bengals fan?

The Ravens can beat any of those teams, but I don't think they will win out.

Yes, I'm a Bengals fan. Being fairly close to Cincy, I have gone to many games there since the late '70s. I still go to 4-5 a year. That's how I started to like the Jags. I got s chance to see them live in Cincy the first few sessons they were around (in the old AFC Central). It was cool to follow them and watch a new franchise grow. As the Bengals got terrible through the late 90s, I found myself rooting for Jax all the time. I still love the Bengals, but I've been a Jags fan ever since then.

Regarding Ravens: I don't think they'll win out. But, I really hope they fall out of the playoffs. They're a team that can do some damage, as long as they get in.

Quote:Yes, I'm a Bengals fan. Being fairly close to Cincy, I have gone to many games there since the late '70s. I still go to 4-5 a year. That's how I started to like the Jags. I got s chance to see them live in Cincy the first few sessons they were around (in the old AFC Central). It was cool to follow them and watch a new franchise grow. As the Bengals got terrible through the late 90s, I found myself rooting for Jax all the time. I still love the Bengals, but I've been a Jags fan ever since then.

Regarding Ravens: I don't think they'll win out. But, I really hope they fall out of the playoffs. They're a team that can do some damage, as long as they get in.

I know too much about doing damage in the playoffs. The Broncos were #1 in the AFC last year and lost to you know who in overtime.

When I started watching football, I was a Bengals, Steelers, Packers, Broncos, and 49ers fan. Now I just root for three of those teams.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:I know too much about doing damage in the playoffs. The Broncos were #1 in the AFC last year and lost to you know who in overtime.

When I started watching football, I was a Bengals, Steelers, Packers, Broncos, and 49ers fan. Now I just root for three of those teams.
Packers and Broncos are okay. I like watching their games when I get a chance. I despise the Steelers. And, I really dislike the 49ers also (both times the Bengals made the Superbowl, the 49ers were their opponent and beat the Bengals in tight games both times,,,, yuck).

I don't mind a lot of other teams. But, I really only root for the Bengals and Jags.

Ravens and Steelers::::: puke

Titans and Colts::::: double puke

The most important games this week regarding the playoffs:

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

Baltimore Ravens @ Detroit Lions

Philadelphia Eagles @ Minnesota Vikings

Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

Chicago Bears @ Cleveland Browns

New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

That's 7 games with major playoff impact this week.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The most important games this week regarding the playoffs:

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

Baltimore Ravens @ Detroit Lions

Philadelphia Eagles @ Minnesota Vikings

Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

Chicago Bears @ Cleveland Browns

New York Jets @ Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

That's 7 games with major playoff impact this week.  

I already gave up on the Packers winning the NFCN. They may not have either Aaron Rodgers or Eddie Lacy in Dallas. Randall Cobb is not likely to return either.

Don't you hate it when you want both teams to win or lose? I need both the Eagles and Vikings to win.

The following article breaks down the tiebreakers amongst Baltimore, Miami, and San Diego.  Based on tiebreakers,  the Chargers have the most difficult path ahead.  Not to mention they are currently 1/2 game behind the other two teams:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...off-berth/

Quote:The following article breaks down the tiebreakers amongst Baltimore, Miami, and San Diego.  Based on tiebreakers,  the Chargers have the most difficult path ahead.  Not to mention they are currently 1/2 game behind the other two teams:

I heard during the Thursday night game Miami and Baltimore hold tiebreakers over San Diego. However, Brad Nessler did not go into detail about that.

Did the Ravens and Dolphins win today?

Quote:I heard during the Thursday night game Miami and Baltimore hold tiebreakers over San Diego. However, Brad Nessler did not go into detail about that.

Did the Ravens and Dolphins win today?

The Ravens play the Lions tonight. I'm definitely roofing for a Ravens loss. A Ravens win puts them in prime position to win the AFCN,, YUK!!

Quote:The Ravens play the Lions tonight. I'm definitely roofing for a Ravens loss. A Ravens win puts them in prime position to win the AFCN,, YUK!!
If the Ravens, Dolphins, and Colts win out, the seeding will be:

1) Denver

2) Indianapolis

3) New England

4) Baltimore

5) Kansas City

6) Miami

Cincinnati will be outside looking in.

Quote:The Ravens play the Lions tonight. I'm definitely roofing for a Ravens loss. A Ravens win puts them in prime position to win the AFCN,, YUCK!

If it was any other team except the Cowboys, I would root against the Lions. But I am definitley helping you root for Detroit tonight!

Quote:If the Ravens, Dolphins, and Colts win out, the seeding will be:

1) Denver

2) Indianapolis

3) New England

4) Baltimore

5) Kansas City

6) Miami

Cincinnati will be outside looking in.

What a difference a month makes. Just a few weeks ago everyone thought the Bengals were a shoo-in to win the AFCN. Nobody ever thought the Patriots could fail to be the #2 seed because of a team that got blown out by the Rams either.

In the NFC, if the Cowboys win next week, there will be a "win you're in, lose you're out" season closer with the Eagles.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013, 01:11 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Out of the playoff race:
Atlanta Falcons
Washington Redskins
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans
St. Louis Rams
New York Giants
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets

Can Be Eliminated This week:
San Diego Chargers with a LOSS or Miami win or Baltimore Win 
Pittsburgh Steelers with a LOSS or Miami win or Baltimore Win or Cleveland Win
Arizona Cardinals with a LOSS AND Carolina Win

Teams who's playoff hopes are on life support:
Detroit Lions

Teams who's playoff hopes are endangered:
Green Bay Packers 

Teams in the hunt: 
Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
Dallas Cowboys
Chicago Bears 

Teams in good position:
Miami Dolphins

Teams in Great position: 
Cincinnati Bengals

Teams in excellent  position:
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers

Teams Already in:
Indianapolis Colts
Denver Broncos
Seattle Seahawks
Kansas City Chiefs

The MNF game was unbelievable. Now the Lions are in danger of missing the playoffs after weeks of being the favorite to win the NFCN because stupid officials were in Detroit and the Bengals are no longer shoo-ins to win the AFCN.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013, 11:24 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Alread Clinched:

Indianapolis Colts

Seattle Seahawks
Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots can clinch with:
WIN

OR

Miami Loss

OR

Cincinnati Loss

Miami Dolphins can clinch with:

WIN and Baltimore Loss and San Diego Loss

OR

WIN and Baltimore Loss and Cincinnati Loss

Cincinnati Bengals can clinch with:

WIN and Miami Loss and Baltimore Loss

New Orleans Saints can clinch with:
WIN

OR

Arizona Loss

<b>Carolina Panthers Can clinch with:</b>

<b>WIN</b>

San Francisco 49ers can clinch with:

WIN

OR

Arizona Loss

All but three playoff spots can be sealed this week.  The NFC East Winner and the NFC North Winner are two of them.  

Alternately, in week 17, 7 playoff spots could be up for grabs in what will be an exciting week to follow.

This is why the NFL made up a rule that all Week 17 games are divisional matchups: to increase the number of games that week that affect the playoff seeding.

Quote:Alread Clinched:
Indianapolis Colts
Seattle Seahawks
Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots can clinch with:
WIN

OR

Miami Loss

OR

Cincinnati Loss

Miami Dolphins can clinch with:

WIN and Baltimore Loss and San Diego Loss

OR

WIN and Baltimore Loss and Cincinnati Loss

Cincinnati Bengals can clinch with:
WIN and Miami Loss and Baltimore Loss

New Orleans Saints can clinch with:
WIN

OR

Arizona Loss

Carolina Panthers Can clinch with:

WIN

San Francisco 49ers can clinch with:

WIN

OR

Arizona Loss

All but three playoff spots can be sealed this week. The NFC East Winner and the NFC North Winner are two of them.

Alternately, in week 17, 7 playoff spots could be up for grabs in what will be an exciting week to follow.

First, thanks for these updates. They're really cool.

In regards to Cincy:

They can actually win the AFCN this week with a win and Ravens loss. If that happens, it doesn't matter what Miami does.

Cincy win + Ravens loss puts the Bengals up 2 games with only 1 left.

Now, if the Ravens win this coming week, week 17 Bengals vs Ravens will be for the AFCN Title.

Quote:First, thanks for these updates. They're really cool.

In regards to Cincy:

They can actually win the AFCN this week with a win and Ravens loss. If that happens, it doesn't matter what Miami does.

Cincy win + Ravens loss puts the Bengals up 2 games with only 1 left.

Now, if the Ravens win this coming week, week 17 Bengals vs Ravens will be for the AFCN Title.

What about the Seahawks?

Out of the playoff race:
Atlanta Falcons
Washington Redskins
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans
St. Louis Rams
New York Giants
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets

Detroit Lions

Teams with many Needs:
Pittsburgh Steelers (Win + San Diego Loss + miami loss + Baltimore Loss)

Teams with more needs:

San Diego Chargers (Win + Miami Loss + Baltimore Loss)

Teams with some needs:
Arizona Cardinals: (Win + New Orleans Loss)
Baltimore Ravens (WIn + San Diego Loss OR Win + Miami Loss)
Miami Dolphins (Win + Baltimore Loss OR Win + San Diego Win)

Win and you are in:
Dallas Cowboys
Green Bay Packers 

Win OR Tie and you are in:

Philadelphia Eagles

Chicago Bears 

Win OR Loss by another team and you are in:

New Orleans Saints (Loss by Arizona)

Teams Already in:
Indianapolis Colts
Denver Broncos
Seattle Seahawks