Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you think will win The Game Saturday?
Ohio State Buckeyes
Michigan Wolverines
[Show Results]

The Game: Ohio State at Michigan

My biggest issue with the call is you are basically telling your players that you don't think they can win in OT. I think you have to at least give them the chance.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:My biggest issue with the call is you are basically telling your players that you don't think they can win in OT. I think you have to at least give them the chance.

I agree.

I texted a guy I used to work with who is a Michigan fan and asked him what the hell Hoke was doing? He said it's a great call if we do/don't get it because we can't stop them.

Gotta at least give your D a chance.

The call was the right thing to do.  You are not playing for anything after this game.  Go for the win.  They just didn't have a very good play called imo.  I thought maybe they would go with the fake screen statue of liberty play like Boise State did that one time.

Quote:My biggest issue with the call is you are basically telling your players that you don't think they can win in OT. I think you have to at least give them the chance.

I have zero problem with the call 

Like I said on twitter, look at it this way if they go into OT Mich has to score and stop Ohio st, right there all they had to do is score from the 2

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:The call was the right thing to do.  You are not playing for anything after this game.  Go for the win.  They just didn't have a very good play called imo.  I thought maybe they would go with the fake screen statue of liberty play like Boise State did that one time.

Yup thats the other reason I said, if Mich win they go to a bowl and spoil their rivals party, if they lose they still go to a bowl game, nothing was really on the line there, now Ohio st cant do that with so much on the line.

I guess osu learned it is not as easy when you play a team with a winning record......lol now after they lose next week they will realize they do not belong in any NC game discussions!!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 04:58 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote: I guess osu learned it is not as easy when you play a team with a winning record......lol now after they lose next week they will realize they do not belong in any NC game discussions!!

Ohio st has beat plenty of teams with winning records in their winning streak, they are undefeated and play in the big 10 yall people need to stop acting like they are in the big south

Loved the play call by Hoke. Another reason I am sure he chose to do it....Penn State game.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Twas a heck of a game I still think MSU beats ohio state in the B1G championship game

Go for the 2 pt conversion was the right call. Michigan weren't playing for any prestigious bowl game, anyway, so they didn't have much to lose.

Baxton Miller was only 6/15 and Ohio State basically ran all over Michigan. It took Gardner one of his best game to make that comeback.

I'll say the probability of Michigan making the 2 pt was higher than them winning in overtime against that run.

Quote:Go for the 2 pt conversion was the right call. Michigan weren't playing for any prestigious bowl game, anyway, so they didn't have much to lose.

Baxton Miller was only 6/15 and Ohio State basically ran all over Michigan. It took Gardner one of his best game to make that comeback.

I'll say the probability of Michigan making the 2 pt was higher than them winning in overtime against that run.
I agree. Let's assume Hoke thought he couldn't stop them in OT. He was probably right in that thinking...

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Ohio st has beat plenty of teams with winning records in their winning streak, they are undefeated and play in the big 10 yall people need to stop acting like they are in the big south
You mean the OSU signature win against 9-3 WISC???

Buffalo            8-1 (MAC school)

SDSU             7-4  (one game tonight)

CAL                1-11

FL A&M          3-9

Wisc               9-3

NW                 5-7

IOWA             8-4

PSU               7-5

Purdue           1-11

ILL                  4-8

Ind                  5-7

Mich               7-5

Not exactly a lot of top 25 teams in this bunch...after their loss today the OSU signature win will be against a #20 Wisc team

OSU is simply not of the caliber of a truly good team like FSU or even the newly defeated Alabama.

They wouldn't stand a chance against either. OSU is simply a JV type program.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I thought that "The Game" predominately referred to Yale vs Harvard?

I think Auburn should pass Ohio State in the polls.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:I thought that "The Game" predominately referred to Yale vs Harvard?

Where did you get that idea from? It has always referred to Ohio State/Michigan since the first of their 119 meetings.

Congratulations Buckeyes, you deserved it.

Quote:Where did you get that idea from? It has always referred to Ohio State/Michigan since the first of their 119 meetings.

Did they deserve it? They almost lost to an inferior Michigan team.

Quote:Where did you get that idea from? It has always referred to Ohio State/Michigan since the first of their 119 meetings.

Both rivalries have " The Game " reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard%E2%...ll_rivalry

The <b>Harvard–Yale football rivalry</b>, the oldest rivalry in US college football and also known as <b>The Game</b> by some followers, is an American college football rivalry between the Harvard Crimson football team of Harvard University and Yale Bulldogs football team of Yale University. The Game is played in November at the end of the football season, with the venue alternating between Harvard Stadium and the Yale Bowl. Through the 2013 game, Yale leads the series 65–57–8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan%E2...ll_rivalry

The <b>Michigan–Ohio State football rivalry</b>, known as <b>The Game</b><sup>[6]</sup><sup>[7]</sup><sup>[8]</sup> by some followers, is an American college football rivalry game played annually by the Wolverines of the University of Michigan and the Buckeyes of <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ohio_State_University' title="The Ohio State University">The Ohio State University</a>. It has attracted particular national interest over the last four decades as most of the games have determined the Big Ten Conference title and the resulting Rose Bowl match ups, and many have influenced the outcome of the national college football championship. The game was ranked by ESPN in 2000 as the greatest North American sports rivalry.<sup>[9]</sup>

Quote:Did they deserve it? They almost lost to an inferior Michigan team.

And all it took for Auburn to be where they are is two miracle wins and loss to LSU. There was poor defensive effort out there, sure, but on the road against rival opponents anything can happen. This season has been a shining example of that. Unbeaten is unbeaten, and as of this moment FSU deserves #1 tOSU deserves #2 Auburn deserves #3. There's still championship games to play, so there's still hope for the SEC homers

Quote:Did they deserve it? They almost lost to an inferior Michigan team.

That was not an incomplete pass at the end. It was an interception.Ohio State actually earned a win today on the TPC.