Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you think will win The Game Saturday?
Ohio State Buckeyes
Michigan Wolverines
[Show Results]

The Game: Ohio State at Michigan

Quote:Not saying they deserve to, but don't be surprised if Auburn jumps you.

Ohio State has been jumped 15 times during our 24 game win streak. Nothing surprises me anymore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure Auburn deserves to be #2...this really does show how bad we need a real playoff system

Quote:MSU is demonstrating that they should have been in the top 10 most of this season. If they have a strong winning performance against Ohio State next week, they would have made a strong case to leap frog the teams with two losses.

It will be an interesting game. I still assume the Buckeyes will go to Indianapolis ranked #2 and beat the Spartans.

Quote:Not sure Auburn deserves to be #2...this really does show how bad we need a real playoff system

Thankfully this is the final year in the BCS era

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 10:30 PM by CSTblank.)

Quote:It will be an interesting game. I still assume the Buckeyes will go to Indianapolis ranked #2 and beat the Spartans.

As do I, but I expect the game to be interesting if Fickel doesn't tear out the entire soft zone/prevent section of his playbook.

Quote:Ohio State has been jumped 15 times during our 24 game win streak. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Are you forgetting last year we were not ranked because of the bowl ban? Only the last 12 games matter when you talk about leapfrogs in the rankings.

Quote:Lol I think ESPN would have a meltdown if the above scenario unfolded. Who are they gonna back? Lol Bama, OK. St. (Assuming unbeaten), perhaps SC, maybe MSU, or even Baylor (assuming unbeaten).

Those are my assumptions

Any of the assumptions could turn into reality.  

In the case of Oklahoma State,  after they were denied the opportunity to play in the National Championship in the 2011 season with their only loss in double OT,  part of me would like to see them have the opportunity this season.

Quote:Are you forgetting last year we were not ranked because of the bowl ban? Only the last 12 games matter when you talk about leapfrogs in the rankings.

No, did not forget. While we did have the dumb bowl ban (trading personal property for tattoos? Come on NCAA), but we were still in the AP rankings, so to me, and many others, it still counts.

Quote:That was not an incomplete pass at the end. It was an interception.Ohio State actually earned a win today on the TPC.
Game should not have been that close.

Quote:Game should not have been that close.

And Auburn Shouldn't have won. Bama's kicker shouldn't have missed 4 FG attempts, They shouldn't have let him run it back for a 100+ yd TD.

It did happen, and the result is what it is. Ohio State is unbeaten, and Alabama won't sniff the SEC championship, or the NCG. 

Quote:And Auburn Shouldn't have won. Bama's kicker shouldn't have missed 4 FG attempts, They shouldn't have let him run it back for a 100+ yd TD.

It did happen, and the result is what it is. Ohio State is unbeaten, and Alabama won't sniff the SEC championship, or the NCG.
I'm not denying any of the above. I just dont agree they "deserved" to win. That would imply Michigan did not deserve to.

Quote: I guess osu learned it is not as easy when you play a team with a winning record......lol now after they lose next week they will realize they do not belong in any NC game discussions!!
Oh please!  This was a rivalry game.  Records don't matter.  Having grown up in that area of the country nothing is bigger than the Ohio State-Michigan game (except the Oho vs Miami game but I am biased).  It is no different than Fl-Ga or Fl-FSU.  Records just don't matter when some teams meet.

The Buckeyes will have an easier game against the Spartans than the Wolverines year in and year out regardless of the record (not to say the Buckeyes will beat the Spartans next week just pointing out rivalries).  I  really do not get the hatred of the Ohio State Buckeyes in this area of the country.  The last I checked the SEC teams have owned them so why not let them in to do it again?  As for the FSU fans chiming in about being unworthy, what team has your team beaten this year?  A two loss Clemson team as your signature win?  What is the difference?

With that said, should both teams win their respective conference championship games next week...FSU 35  OSU 17.  Give Urban 1 or two more years of getting "his" players and would flip that score.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

SEC bros are going to be so mad watching the Ohio State-FSU title game.

;

;

Anybody else get the feeling that Michigan was falling on their sword at the end to keep Ohio State in the national championship race?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Anybody else get the feeling that Michigan was falling on their sword at the end to keep Ohio State in the national championship race?

Never in a trillion years.

Ask many U-M fans which team is their 2nd favorite team and their answer will be whichever team is playing Ohio State.

Quote:Anybody else get the feeling that Michigan was falling on their sword at the end to keep Ohio State in the national championship race?

Is everything a conspiracy with you?

Is Elvis really dead? Do you know who the second gunman was on the grassy knoll?

Quote:Never in a trillion years.

Ask many U-M fans which team is their 2nd favorite team and their answer will be whichever team is playing Ohio State.

This. Michigan wouldn't intentionally lose to Ohio State for any reason. If anything they'd be happier to humiliate tOSU anyway they can

Would Fla throw a game so Ga could advance?  Don't be stupid.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Oh please!  This was a rivalry game.  Records don't matter.  Having grown up in that area of the country nothing is bigger than the Ohio State-Michigan game (except the Oho vs Miami game but I am biased).  It is no different than Fl-Ga or Fl-FSU.  Records just don't matter when some teams meet.

The Buckeyes will have an easier game against the Spartans than the Wolverines year in and year out regardless of the record (not to say the Buckeyes will beat the Spartans next week just pointing out rivalries).  I  really do not get the hatred of the Ohio State Buckeyes in this area of the country.  The last I checked the SEC teams have owned them so why not let them in to do it again?  As for the FSU fans chiming in about being unworthy, what team has your team beaten this year?  A two loss Clemson team as your signature win?  What is the difference?

With that said, should both teams win their respective conference championship games next week...FSU 35  OSU 17.  Give Urban 1 or two more years of getting "his" players and would flip that score.
Yawn.....12-0 best win is against a 9-3 team..facts are facts...try playing a real out of conference schedule and maybe the respect will come....last time against a top ten team in the regular season September 2009......not exactly scheduling for respect!!!!

Quote:This. Michigan wouldn't intentionally lose to Ohio State for any reason. If anything they'd be happier to humiliate tOSU anyway they can

I'm confident you would agree with me that if Ohio State could end Michigan's chances at a National Title or Big Ten title in future seasons,  they would be thrilled to do so.   This rivalry is deep in tradition and passion.