Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Chipotle or Pollo Tropical
Chipotle
Pollo Tropical
[Show Results]

Chipotle or Pollo Tropical

Quote:I like rice...just not in the quantities they use on everything there!!
Double yucko.. You can have my share then..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No way! You can get booze and fried plantains at Pollo!! :thumbsup:

Well that settles it

Chipolte > Pollo Tropical Tongue

I like Pollo. Big taste!

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Ohhh. This thread is about restaurants. I thought it was about a couple of Mexican massage parlors. I must live under a rock because I've not heard of these places. Well, now that I think about it, I have seen a Chipotles before - from a distance.

I've not eaten at either one but I can testify that Moe's is a big fat meh. It's bland. I'll go there if I'm with a group, but on my own accord I avoid it.

Quote:Ohhh. This thread is about restaurants. I thought it was about a couple of Mexican massage parlors. I must live under a rock because I've not heard of these places. Well, now that I think about it, I have seen a Chipotles before - from a distance.

I've not eaten at either one but I can testify that Moe's is a big fat meh. It's bland. I'll go there if I'm with a group, but on my own accord I avoid it.
Your not alone, I've haven't seen a chipotles and only have seen a pollo tropical on a couple occasions. I've never been to either, but the pollo tropical I've seen a while ago( I forget which one) didn't exactly make me want to walk inside and I kinda just labeled it as a not so good place. Obviously I'm wrong by the posts others are making. But, I'm not a big Mexican food guy so I still don't feel I'm missing out much.

Quote:Your not alone, I've haven't seen a chipotles and only have seen a pollo tropical on a couple occasions. I've never been to either, but the pollo tropical I've seen a while ago( I forget which one) didn't exactly make me want to walk inside and I kinda just labeled it as a not so good place. Obviously I'm wrong by the posts others are making. But, I'm not a big Mexican food guy so I still don't feel I'm missing out much.

Mexican food is my favorite. It simply doesn't translate well (no pun intended) into the fast food scene, IMO.

Quote:Mexican food is my favorite. It simply doesn't translate well (no pun intended) into the fast food scene, IMO.

Yeah, I think your right about that. I do enjoy some Mexican dishes if my wife makes it at home. The few times I been out and had Mexican, it's like, the ingredients are there, but where's the flavor??

Quote:Never liked Moe's.. Always reminded me of a glorified Taco Bell..
I don't mind Moe's. Been a while since I have been there. May have to hit it tonight!

I like the Joey. All their ingredients are fresh, I like that. The chicken is pretty dang good. I've even had a tofu Joey before. Not bad.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Speaking of Moe's, I prefer Moe's over these two choices...then again the only thing I've ever order at Moe's is the billy barou or however they spell it. 

Quote:Your not alone, I've haven't seen a chipotles and only have seen a pollo tropical on a couple occasions. I've never been to either, but the pollo tropical I've seen a while ago( I forget which one) didn't exactly make me want to walk inside and I kinda just labeled it as a not so good place. Obviously I'm wrong by the posts others are making. But, I'm not a big Mexican food guy so I still don't feel I'm missing out much.

Pollo Tropical isn't Mexican food. It's Caribbean food...with a lean toward the Latin islands. It's nothing like Mexican food.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Pollo Tropical isn't Mexican food. It's Caribbean food...with a lean toward the Latin islands. It's nothing like Mexican food.

Whelp... I blame the other posters for implying that it was Mexican. Can I do that? I've stated I have never been there. I've also never been to Pakistan, but I can tell you how warm and welcoming they are to Americans. But, like I said, I've never been there that could be wrong too. I'll set you guys straight about anything whether I know about it or not!

Quote:Pollo Tropical isn't Mexican food. It's Caribbean food...with a lean toward the Latin islands. It's nothing like Mexican food.

I'm with Jaggy. I figured they were being compared because they served similar food. Since not, I choose option C: This thread is stoopid.

Quote:I'm with Jaggy. I figured they were being compared because they served similar food. Since not, I choose option C: This thread is stoopid.

I think the thread is comparing two separate restaurants.  It was never implied they were the same type of food by the original poster. 

I dont think its the thread thats stupid.

Quote:I think the thread is comparing two separate restaurants.  It was never implied they were the same type of food by the original poster. 

I dont think its the thread thats stupid.

Whoa.  Easy brother.  We're just having a little fun. 

I like Pollo Tropical more. Gimme that Tropichop  :thumbsup:

Pollo Tropical and it's not even close.  Great value. 

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Moe's.
The only thing they've got over Chipotle and Pollo is their queso. Nothing beats it.

I prefer Chicken Kitchen over all of them I think, though it's only a South Florida thing. Out of the two, I like Chipotle.

Quote:The only thing they've got over Chipotle and Pollo is their queso. Nothing beats it.

I prefer Chicken Kitchen over all of them I think, though it's only a South Florida thing. Out of the two, I like Chipotle.
If you like good queso (and I don't mind Moe's), try La Nop's. Very good.

;

Quote:I don't mind Moe's. Been a whilie since I have been there. May have to hit it tonight!

I like the Joey. All their ingredients are fresh, I like that. The chicken is pretty dang good. I've even had a tofu Joey before. Not bad.

Tijuana Flats ftw.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Tijuana Flats ftw.
Haven't had theirs before (Never been there).

;