Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Chipotle or Pollo Tropical
Chipotle
Pollo Tropical
[Show Results]

Chipotle or Pollo Tropical

Quote:La Nop has some yummy queso...they are the ones that have the fajita nachos too! Yum. There is a Mexican place over on Belfort that has even better queso...Los Portales I think the place is called.
Try their Chicken Nachos, not on the menu,. but if you order it they know what to bring. Very good.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ok... This is new to me. My wife and I don't like Los portales because the soap taste. But that's the only place we notice it. Do other places not use the cilantro? And is this cilantro/soap hereditary thing real or are you yanking my chain?

I'm 100% telling the truth. Google it. It's a hereditary thing....like the ability to smell cyanide. Some people can smell it, some people can't.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The queso is good. But they force you to get it because the salsa they give you taste like [WIRTY DORD REMOVED]

Quote:Yeah...not a fan of the salsa. Although, to be honest...I'm not a fan of most salsas because I'm one of those lucky people that has cilantro issues.

Quote:That's the problem with their salsa waaay too much cilantro. Kinda tastes like soap.
That's another thing I really like at La Nop, very good salsa.

;

Quote:That's another thing I really like at La Nop, very good salsa.

I'll be honest even though I prefer la nop, I still get the queso because I'm just not that much of a Mexican food guy. I'll only get the taco salad or quesadilla? The flat thingies with cheese in the middle.

Quote:Try their Chicken Nachos, not on the menu,. but if you order it they know what to bring. Very good.

I usually get the fajita nachos with just chicken, instead of mixed. They put chicken, grilled green peppers, onions and tomatoes on top of the tortilla chips and cover it with queso. How do the fix the chicken nachos?

Okay...I'm hunger now and I really want some nachos!!!

Quote:I'm 100% telling the truth. Google it. It's a hereditary thing....like the ability to smell cyanide. Some people can smell it, some people can't.
Yeah, I'm about to google this. What am I supposed to google cilantro tastes like soap?

Edit: holy cow. Googling " cilantro t" takes me to cilantro tastes like soap!

Quote:That's another thing I really like at La Nop, very good salsa.

My hubby and son love the salsa at la Nop. They don't have the soapy tasting issues I do. Sad

Quote:Yeah, I'm about to google this. What am I supposed to google cilantro tastes like soap?

Edit: holy cow. Googling " cilantro t" takes me to cilantro tastes like soap!

Told you!!!

Now you can feel like a smarty pants when you explain it to your wife!!

Quote:Told you!!!

Now you can feel like a smarty pants when you explain it to your wife!!
LOL I was thrown back by It that I already told her before I read this post.

So I guess la nop doesn't use the cilantro. Neither do most of the salsas in store.

Quote:I usually get the fajita nachos with just chicken, instead of mixed. They put chicken, grilled green peppers, onions and tomatoes on top of the tortilla chips and cover it with queso. How do the fix the chicken nachos?

Okay...I'm hunger now and I really want some nachos!!!
Same way, but just chicken. That shredded chicken is awesome. They load them up too.

;

Quote:LOL I was thrown back by It that I already told her before I read this post.

So I guess la nop doesn't use the cilantro. Neither do most of the salsas in store.

They use it...just not as much I guess. I'm really sensitive to it so I can't eat the stuff at la Nop either. They do use larger pieces of it in the stuff at La Nop...at least the one in San Marco does. Maybe you've just been lucky enough to avoid them.

Quote:Same way, but just chicken. That shredded chicken is awesome. They load them up too.

I love their chicken enchiladas because of that shredded chicken!!! Banana

Quote:They use it...just not as much I guess. I'm really sensitive to it so I can't eat the stuff at la Nop either. They do use larger pieces of it in the stuff at La Nop...at least the one in San Marco does. Maybe you've just been lucky enough to avoid them.

We've been to la nop probably about a dozen times or so. So not a whole lot but definitely enough to notice it if I was going to. Never have noticed it at la nop only at Los portales. That's strange. Maybe that's the reason I'm not a big Mexican food guy?

Quote:We've been to la nop probably about a dozen times or so. So not a whole lot but definitely enough to notice it if I was going to. Never have noticed it at la nop only at Los portales. That's strange. Maybe that's the reason I'm not a big Mexican food guy?

That would be a good reason. I have the issue, but I still love Mexican food. It's probably my favorite. You just have to learn to look out for the dreaded green herb!!

I think they blend all the salsa ingredients together at Los Portales and it seems as though they add the cilantro to the salsa afterwards at la Nop...you can't avoid it at LP...maybe that makes the difference. I don't like either salsa...but I do know that the stuff at LP is the worst!

Quote:That would be a good reason. I have the issue, but I still love Mexican food. It's probably my favorite. You just have to learn to look out for the dreaded green herb!!

I think they blend all the salsa ingredients together at Los Portales and it seems as though they add the cilantro to the salsa afterwards at la Nop...you can't avoid it at LP...maybe that makes the difference. I don't like either salsa...but I do know that the stuff at LP is the worst!
LP ( I think that translates to "the doors") has horrible draft beer as well it almost tastes like hand sanitizer. It's like you taste the alcohol. Or at least the one here does. Geez, why does LP have to taste like things that clean people?

Quote:LP ( I think that translates to "the doors") has horrible draft beer as well it almost tastes like hand sanitizer. It's like you taste the alcohol. Or at least the one here does. Geez, why does LP have to taste like things that clean people?

Never had the beer there either...sounds like I'll be skipping that too! Lol

Pollo Tropical all the way!!

Chipotle fanatics are like Apple fanatics. 

Chipotle is good but it's very bland compared to Pollo.  Tropichop with some curry and salsa is the way to go.

I do however like Chipotle better from a health aspect as they claim to buy produce from local farmers and they use hormone & antibiotic free chicken. 

Quote:La Nop has some yummy queso...they are the ones that have the fajita nachos too! Yum. There is a Mexican place over on Belfort that has even better queso...Los Portales I think the place is called.

I was there last night. Their quesadillas are delicious and I had way too many margaritas.

Quote:I was there last night. Their quesadillas are delicious and I had way too many margaritas.

I've never had their margaritas yet...I always seem to be driving when we go there!

I was there last night and their putrid dishwater and warm-weather roadkill burritos are delicious...and I had way too many margaritas.

Perspective is a wonderful thing.   :yes: