Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rivalrys - Favorite / Least Favorite / Miss the most

Favorite Existing Rivalry - Florida / Florida State  (gotta admit this year I'd much rather be at Bama/Auburn or Clemson/SC -- heck, i'd rather see JU vs UNF hoops)

Lease Favorite - OSU / Michigan  (i've gotten pumped up in the past about this game but it's usually so boring I turn the station)

Miss the Most - Pitt / Penn State

Underrated rivalry -  WVU / Literacy - always a great battle

Best tradition - Army / Navy  --- i'm really liking this game the older I get.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Steelers

Steelers

Favorite Existing - titans I love to hate them

Lease Favorite - texans never really hated them

Miss the Most - steelers some of the best games we've played have been against them

Underrated Rivalry - broncos even before Manning we've had some big games against each other

Best Tradition - miami we play them every preseason, I know I hate miami as much as anyone else.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

steelers, that monday night 9-0 game was fantastic!

Favorite Existing Rivalry - Notre Dame vs USC

Lease Favorite - OSU / Michigan ...this is usually a snooze fest....but does make for a great nap

Miss the Most - Steelers

Underrated rivalry - tacks

Best tradition - Army / Navy --- for obvious reasons

Favorite Existing Rivalry - Titans

Lease Favorite - Texans

Miss the Most - Steelers

Underrated rivalry -  Browns

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

rivalry I miss the most: rollerjag vs. Fargin....

(or at least I think rj was the one who most constantly battled politics with Fargin)

made for some entertaining reading. 

Quote:rivalry I miss the most: rollerjag vs. Fargin....

(or at least I think rj was the one who most constantly battled politics with Fargin)

made for some entertaining reading. 

Yeah, I miss bantering with Fargin. This was such a different place in those days.

I miss the Lakers vs. Celtics rivalry during the Magic/Bird years, and that era of the NBA in general.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Am I the only one who thinks San Francisco's real archrival is Seattle? The Rams stayed in the West because they were considered the archrival for the 49ers, but now it seems like the 49ers only hate one team, the Seahawks - and they really hate them. I rank 49ers/Seahawks up there with Cowboys/Redskins and don't think 49ers/Rams is even a rivalry anymore.

I heard at the college level, the best rivalry is the oldest one - Army/Navy, But without ever watching that game, I have no idea what makes it better than OSU/Michigan or any other Rivalry Week game.

The OSU/Michigan rivalry has been far less interesting to people outside Big Ten territory because all they care about is having a good game to watch, Those people do not appreciate the rivalry for what it is. When the Big Ten really did have 10 teams (before 1993), it was often called the Big Two and Little Eight - the Big Two being OSU and Michigan. That is because The Game, as Buckeyes and Wolverines fans call it, usually decided who won the Big Ten title and a trip to the Rose Bowl. In 2006, it was called Game of the Century with the Buckeyes ranked #1 and the Wolverines ranked #2, a 42-39 shootout in Columbus. Today, the Buckeyes have to win to preserve all BCS NCG hopes for at least one more week because no one-loss Big Ten team will get in over a one-loss SEC team. Michigan's hatred of Ohio State makes everyone in Ann Arbor insist The Game is still the most important game on the schedule. If you lived in Ohio or Michigan most of your life, I guarantee you would feel differently about that rivalry. They don't call 1969-1978 the Ten Year War for nothing.