Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all you tankers...

Guys, don't worry.  We can still come back to Jacksonville and make complete fools of ourselves on Thursday Night Football on prime time television.

This team likes to save their worst performances for home games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:21 PM by atburg.)

Quote:Late season wins like this when the team is already in the midst of a terrible season, accomplish little other than helping ensure that we'll be in this similar situation again next season. 

The only way to get out of this is by getting the stud QB. 

The Colts bottomed out and got Luck. 

The Texans appear smart enough to just bottom out this season and get Bridgewater. 

Yet, you people sit here and champion an unimpressive 13-6 win against a 2-8 team and act like its the best thing since slice bread. 

You are some of the most short sighted fans I have ever seen, not understanding the fallout of winning these late season nothing games as it pertains to the future. These wins aren't benefiting this team any. But you can't see that. 
Thanks for your insight! :thanks:

The Colts bottomed out and got Luck is something you use in almost every one of your " I want to lose" posts! Yet the Seahawks did not bottom out, and got Wilson in the THIRD ROUND of the same draft!!!!!!! Want to share some negative insight on him?

This win has done absolutely nothing in regards to change in draft order. We still sit at #1 and play Houston again 10 days from now. But lets keep pretending that its the end of the world.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Against the defending Afc champs we just whooped.   Not our fault they keep losing.   Feels good.   Just the fake fans coming out the wood works.  Or following the trolls.  Stats prove 87 % of the time the number 1 pick does not win super bowls period.

That's not how stats work.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

"We want to win, so don't win"

Now there's one to chew on.......

Seriously, bibbers... :blink:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:This win has done absolutely nothing in regards to change in draft order. We still sit at #1 and play Houston again 10 days from now. But lets keep pretending that its the end of the world.
Thats the key game right there 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I just find it a little bit amusing that there are actually people who say they are fans of this team, and are literally whining on this board about us winning.

First you guys complain cause we suck so damn much at the beginning of the year, then the media starts hyping up a QB, then you start whining cause we all of the sudden actually win a game or 2.

Confusing to an actual fan of the Jags.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:"We want to win, so don't win"

It's an awful season.  2-3 wins doesn't feel much better than 1 win.  And missing out on the consolation prize on top.  

I fail to see a team showing the kind of improvement we all were hoping to see late in the season as a bad thing.

I'm also not convinced this love for Bridgewater is warranted. We might be doing ourselves a favor by winning.

As a fan, I am happy to see this team proving the critics wrong when they labeled this the worst team in the history of the league. I'm happy to see the team proving the critics wrong that Bradley's coaching style isn't effective.

Some Jag fans are in a perpetual state of PMS. They must find things to be angry about, even in a win.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Jaguars repeating 2012 by winning meaningless games and giving the top QB prospect to a divisional opponent.

LOL

#LondonBound.
You're obnoxious. Please go.

Quote:The Texans appear smart bad enough to just bottom out this season and get Bridgewater. 

Fixed it for ya!

Quote:This win has done absolutely nothing in regards to change in draft order. We still sit at #1 and play Houston again 10 days from now. But lets keep pretending that its the end of the world.
logic doesnt belong here, get out! lol

Quote:"We want to win, so don't win"

Quit chewing and start thinking and it may make sense to you eventually.

Quote:I fail to see a team showing the kind of improvement we all were hoping to see late in the season as a bad thing.

I'm also not convinced this love for Bridgewater is warranted. We might be doing ourselves a favor by winning.

As a fan, I am happy to see this team proving the critics wrong when they labeled this the worst team in the history of the league. I'm happy to see the team proving the critics wrong that Bradley's coaching style isn't effective.

Some Jag fans are in a perpetual state of PMS. They must find things to be angry about, even in a win.
FBT, I know that You, and I have had our differences in the past, but I agree with you 100% on this.

Quote:Late season wins like this when the team is already in the midst of a terrible season, accomplish little other than helping ensure that we'll be in this similar situation again next season. 

The only way to get out of this is by getting the stud QB. 

The Colts bottomed out and got Luck. 

The Texans appear smart enough to just bottom out this season and get Bridgewater. 

Yet, you people sit here and champion an unimpressive 13-6 win against a 2-8 team and act like its the best thing since slice bread. 

You are some of the most short sighted fans I have ever seen, not understanding the fallout of winning these late season nothing games as it pertains to the future. These wins aren't benefiting this team any. But you can't see that.

The queen has spoken.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:SUCK ON THIS WIN!

Because 2 wins per 9 losses are totally awesome that when we do get a win it's a b ig deal

Quote:Good point! Would love the tankers to show the #1 pick stat, to prove their point.

Let's imagine in any given year, personnel guys are good enough to narrow the stud QBs down to 4 guys. These are the 4 guys with the best chance of turning into that stud QB. 3 of them will bust, and 1 will work out.

If you're at pick 1 and are no more skilled than a dice roll, you have a 25% chance of getting that guy. That's if you're the worst GM in history and trust only a dice roll to decide.

As soon as that guy is picked (which can happen at any point after pick 1), even the most skilled GM in history has a 0% chance of getting that guy.

Do you need me to break it down further than this?

Quote:Great win, but... let's just hope we didn't just give the Texans their QB of the future.

Matt Schuab was the thing...  If anyone remembers to remember...

This whole idea that 1 pick will be the end all be all is non-sense

Even is the t'horns get Bridgwater, they will still stink.  It's more than just the 1 pick.  The 'horns are the team that proves it

Quote:I just find it a little bit amusing that there are actually people who say they are fans of this team, and are literally whining on this board about us winning.

First you guys complain cause we suck so damn much at the beginning of the year, then the media starts hyping up a QB, then you start whining cause we all of the sudden actually win a game or 2.

Confusing to an actual fan of the Jags.

Most of us knew this was going to be a rough year.  We expect it.  I'm not whining.  I like beating the Texans.  I just hope that we don't end up shooting ourselves in the foot.  Sure, Bridgewater may bust.  But so may whatever QB we get.  I'd like the best chance for this team to succeed (and to give the Texans the worst chance they have to succeed too... cuz they really are just a QB away from being good.)  

I'd think we are all tired of mediocrity.  Of winning 4~ games a season.  I want to see this team win 9.  10.  11.  That's a good season.  Not 4 wins where it's a shock every time we manage to pull it off.

To all those tankers for number 1 pick.   let me say this.  Joe Montana and Steve Young combined to win 7 Super bowls.   Neither was the number 1 pick.   Sorry some of you weren't thought of at that time.  Or too young to remember. 

So no I will not hope for us to tank.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags