Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all you tankers...

So glad I didn't use Keenum for the bye. As bad as we are, at least we're showing signs of life and improvement

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Matt Schuab was the thing...  If anyone remembers to remember...

This whole idea that 1 pick will be the end all be all is non-sense

Even is the t'horns get Bridgwater, they will still stink.  It's more than just the 1 pick.  The 'horns are the team that proves it

If they get Bridgewater, and Bridgewater is a franchise QB, they certainly won't stink.  Also Matt Schaub was a 3rd round pick.  By tte Atlanta Falcons.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Great win, but... let's just hope we didn't just give the Texans their QB of the future.

We did, because if we beat the Texans there, they are not winning here. 

Quote:Jaguars repeating 2012 by winning meaningless games and giving the top QB prospect to a divisional opponent.

Yep

Quote:Texans have a one way ticket to Bridgewater. Thanks for the meaningless win.

Agreed

Quote:Pretty much. Those of us who want us to get a top flight QB and actually be playing for more than "pride" in November are trolls.

Yep. 

Quote:Three years from now:

"How can we win the division when we have Bridgewater/Winston/Luck as our opponents QB?  You can't expect that from Bradley."

Thats what I think they want. I remember that was their excuse through the whole Manning era. They just like to have excuses for our long term losing. That makes them happier than actually getting the top QB in the draft ourselves. 

Quote:Let's imagine in any given year, personnel guys are good enough to narrow the stud QBs down to 4 guys. These are the 4 guys with the best chance of turning into that stud QB. 3 of them will bust, and 1 will work out.

If you're at pick 1 and are no more skilled than a dice roll, you have a 25% chance of getting that guy. That's if you're the worst GM in history and trust only a dice roll to decide.

As soon as that guy is picked (which can happen at any point after pick 1), even the most skilled GM in history has a 0% chance of getting that guy.

Do you need me to break it down further than this?
What?

Quote:It's an awful season.  2-3 wins doesn't feel much better than 1 win.  And missing out on the consolation prize on top.  

Quote:Quit chewing and start thinking and it may make sense to you eventually.
Maybe you "enlightened ones" can explain to me how you want to win, but are at the same time angry because the team won.

You both are an insult to simple logic.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:We did, because if we beat the Texans there, they are not winning here. 

Yep

Agreed

Yep. 

Thats what I think they want. I remember that was their excuse through the whole Manning era. They just like to have excuses for our losing. That makes them happier than actually getting the top QB in the draft ourselves. 
Damn that post looks like a family reunion!

Quote:Guys, don't worry.  We can still come back to Jacksonville and make complete fools of ourselves on Thursday Night Football on prime time television.

This team likes to save their worst performances for home games.
I don't even understand the panic by these tankers.

Yes we won but we still face the Texans again in 2 weeks on thursday night football.

A. We suck at home.  The fact is the Jaguars are a much better road team.  It's already advantage Texans

B. It's primetime and the Jaguars have been terrible on the national stage lately.  Advantage Texans

C. We only won that game because of great Defense and a huge play by Sanders on Offense. The texans will adjust.

I can see the Texans whooping us on Thursday night so relax.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Ok yes GB held to a FG now Minn get the ball back

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I'm really excited to have two wins.  Who cares about getting talented players.

Quote:Thanks for your insight! :thanks:

The Colts bottomed out and got Luck is something you use in almost every one of your " I want to lose" posts! Yet the Seahawks did not bottom out, and got Wilson in the THIRD ROUND of the same draft!!!!!!! Want to share some negative insight on him?

I know right? And this one guy I heard about won the lottery and never even went to school, or worked a job. I think it makes perfect sense to pin my hopes on this working out for me too, so I'm not going to go to school or get a job. Why concern myself with the percentages? If it happens .1% of the time, that's what I'm basing my plan on.

The good news is Winston >>> TB all day. Every day.

Pending charges and all.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:32 PM by atburg.)

Quote:I know right? And this one guy I heard about won the lottery and never even went to school, or worked a job. I think it makes perfect sense to pin my hopes on this working out for me too, so I'm not going to go to school or get a job. Why concern myself with the percentages? If it happens .1% of the time, that's what I'm basing my plan on.
So a third round qb never turns into anything? Glennon looks pretty damn good this year! Need me to explain it further?

BTW Foles also was a third round pick last year.

Quote:I fail to see a team showing the kind of improvement we all were hoping to see late in the season as a bad thing.

What was so impressive about the 2 Jags wins this season? In both cases, it wasn't the Jaguars showing some kind of impressive dominating performance; making big plays all over. It was more about the other team being so bad. 

The wins did nothing to help our chances of finally getting out of being in this position again next season.,,,,and we just might have helped another division rival get the stud QB that we need. 

Thats just great. Go team. 

Quote:Most of us knew this was going to be a rough year.  We expect it.  I'm not whining.  I like beating the Texans.  I just hope that we don't end up shooting ourselves in the foot.  Sure, Bridgewater may bust.  But so may whatever QB we get.  I'd like the best chance for this team to succeed (and to give the Texans the worst chance they have to succeed too... cuz they really are just a QB away from being good.)  

I'd think we are all tired of mediocrity.  Of winning 4~ games a season.  I want to see this team win 9.  10.  11.  That's a good season.  Not 4 wins where it's a shock every time we manage to pull it off.
Yeah I totally agree with you. I hope we don't end up handing the Texans their QB for the future, that would be horrible. And we have sucked so much this past decade, I'm ready for us to start winning again. If we get the #1 pick I'll be thrilled and hope whoever we take is going to be great.

But some of you guys are acting like we are doing some sort of voodoo stuff to make sure our team doesn't get a chance to get a good QB.

As I've said quite a number of times, we have no control over what happens. Why get all worked up?

Hell I picked the Texans in my pickem pool, and since we won I might be out of the pool which sucks, but my team won, and I just can't see how anyone can honestly be angry if their team wins a game.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:What was so impressive about the 2 Jags wins this season? In both cases, it wasn't the Jaguars showing some kind of impressive dominating performance; making big plays all over. It was more about the other team being so bad. 

The wins did nothing to help our chances of finally getting out of being in this position again next season.,,,,and we just might have helped another division rival get the stud QB that we need. 

Thats just great. Go team.

Go buy some a Midol, Nancy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:31 PM by Varan101.)

Quote:Yeah I totally agree with you. I hope we don't end up handing the Texans their QB for the future, that would be horrible. And we have sucked so much this past decade, I'm ready for us to start winning again. If we get the #1 pick I'll be thrilled and hope whoever we take is going to be great.

But some of you guys are acting like we are doing some sort of voodoo stuff to make sure our team doesn't get a chance to get a good QB.

As I've said quite a number of times, we have no control over what happens. Why get all worked up?

Hell I picked the Texans in my pickem pool, and since we won I might be out of the pool which sucks, but my team won, and I just can't see how anyone can honestly be angry if their team wins a game.

I'm not angry, I just find it obnoxious that people seem to think that winning this game somehow means something.  As stated before, you beat a really bad team.  The Jaguars aren't showing improvement.  The only way they are going to improve is by acquiring talent, and winning this game actually hurts that chance.

Quote:The good news is Winston >>> TB all day. Every day.

Pending charges and all.
Next year there is no way we will be going for the first pick, this team is getting better, by next year we will be a 7-9 win team

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Might end up being a good thing, pick 2nd get Clowney and then take a QB in the 2nd round, Teddy ends up sucking we get a gem and a pass rusher boom boom chika chika bam

can someone make a complaint thread so i dont have to see it all over the board

Quote:What?

So then, yes, you do need it broken down further. Math is hard.