Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all you tankers...

Quote:I'm not talking about just beating the texans, I'm advocating winning the next 3 division games.  Winning those three games wouldn't be meaningless.

Sure it would.  It's already an established belief with most people here that there's going to be more roster turnover after this season ends.  That means that most of the "momentum" from winning at the end of the year would go out the door with the guys who leave.  If we won those games, it wouldn't give us a chance to get into the playoffs at all.  All it would do is move us out of the top 5 in the draft order.  That would put us out of reach for the best QB in the draft, which we drastically need.  

I think guys that will be here next year know that our QB for next year isn't on our roster.  So winning games that will do nothing but push us out of the running for the best QB in the draft, means those games won are meaningless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 03:14 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:Yes it would dumbo. We don't get first pick, miss out on probably two QB and probably suck next year. No one wants to see the jaguars lose, we all are fans. Frankly most of us are sick of losing, and are willing to sit through this season and lose out so we potentially get a franchise QB..

Texans would then select bridgewater in your world, potentially be set at QB. Come back the next year with a QB and loaded roster and beat our [BAD WORD REMOVED] till it's black and blue. While you sit back and [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moan why we suck. Only now noticing what a lot of us have been saying all along.

WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB.
That's not true. There are plenty of people here showing a complete lack of integrity and actively advocating for intentional losses. The Majority? Maybe not but definitely some loud ones.

Do I want the top QB? Sure I do. I also don't want to think of our coach/players as willing to sink to those levels some are screaming for.

Quote:I think guys that will be here next year know that our QB for next year isn't on our roster.  So winning games that will do nothing but push us out of the running for the best QB in the draft, means those games won are meaningless detrimental.

If they were only meaningless, we probably wouldn't care.  They're meaningful, but in exactly the opposite way he thinks.

Quote:That's not true. There are plenty of people here showing a complete lack of integrity and actively advocating for intentional losses. The Majority? Maybe not but definitely some loud ones.

What's your point? Your not sick of being a bad team? Because I can guarantee you we will continue to be bad unless we draft a QB. And most of them are only available at top of draft. Of course you can find a Russell Wilson but that's like hitting a jack pot.

So......I have no morals because I think losing the rest of this seasons games will benefit us more in the future? When we have a franchise QB?

Whatever, I hope you cherish this texans win so close to your heart that at night you dream of it. Gets you all warm inside. Because if we win out and let the texans get first pick and QB, jokes on us.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it

The Jaguars are finally bad enough to be in contention for the #1 overall pick, in a year where there is an elite QB prospect. I don't understand the mindset of any fan that wants to win 3-5 games down the stretch effectively putting us out of contention to draft what this franchise has never had and oh so desperately needs.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:What's your point? Your not sick of being a bad team? Because I can guarantee you we will continue to be bad unless we draft a QB. And most of them are only available at top of draft. Of course you can find a Russell Wilson but that's like hitting a jack pot.

So......I have no morals because I think losing the rest of this seasons games will benefit us more in the future? When we have a franchise QB?

Whatever, I hope you cherish this texans win so close to your heart that at night you dream of it. Gets you all warm inside. Because if we win out and let the texans get first pick and QB, jokes on us.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it
So you show a lack on integrity and when called on it get angry? interesting

Getting Bridgewater would be fantastic and if we are as bad as you seem to think we are that will happen in due course. I think wanting to lose games intentionally is pathetic, even if its for Teddy.

Losing doesn't bother me... The idea of doing so intentionally does.

Quote:So you show a lack on integrity and when called on it get angry? Sounds about par for the course.

Getting Bridgewater would be fantastic and if we are as bad as you seem to think we are that will happen in due course. I think wanting to lose games intentionally is pathetic, even if its for Teddy.

Remember when the Jaguars won a meaningless game against the Colts in week 17 of the 2011 season? Ensuring our division rival would draft one of the best QB prospects ever, that's my definition of pathetic. Listen, no one wants to see their team lose, but if you’re going to be bad, be bad enough to select a difference maker at the most important position in all of sports, that’s all.

Yay lets go 5-11 and be picking at # 8 in the draft.

Bridgewater - Gone

Mariota - Gone

Clowney - Gone

Barr - Gone

Matthews (lol joke of a pick if we do make it) - Gone

Teams willing to trade up - 0 especiallly since the top prospects are already gone. This is stupid and we dont need any pointless wins. Remember when we got that "important" win over the Colts in the final game of the season and how much it catapulted our team into greatness by building a winning attitude? O wait u dont because we went 2-14 the next year while the colts went to the playoffs.

That way of thinking is dumb. Wins like that dont mean [BLEEP] cept for a worse draft position and they mean nothing towards next year when everyone starts out 0-0. Yes it sucks to lose but we need to in order to win later. We never get a stud pick at the top of the draft and now when one is there at the most important position in the game everyone suddenly wants to win and run from it?

Quote:SUCK ON THIS WIN!

Nice work. Great thread.

[Image: costanza-clapping.gif]

Quote:So you show a lack on integrity and when called on it get angry? interesting

You misunderstood him.  He wasn't saying to lose intentionally.  No, no.  He was saying we should rest our starters.  Losing is a complete unintentional byproduct, and I have it on very good authority that this is fine.

Quote:So you show a lack on integrity and when called on it get angry? interesting

I see your the morality police. Feel free to arrest all the colts fans for wanting to "intentionally lose" games even if it was for luck. Write me a ticket, book me for having no integrity, could care less, as long as it gets us a franchise QB and a competitive team for years, I'm fine. You can have your moral victories, make sure you get a charm bracelet engrained with this texans victory. As the will have a surprise for you for the next 10 years. A QB and a [BLEEP] kicking twice a year.

Quote:I can't believe predator wants us to beat the texans. Securing the 1st pick, drafting our QB, coming back next year with a loaded team and beat us.

You really wanna give them bridgewater? You want us to keep losing? Just so you get a moral victory. Seasons done doofus, I suggest you re evaluate your position because if the jags do beat the texans lose 1st pick, watch texans select their QB and beat us next year I'm going to be mad. And if I hear you whine and cry why we are still sucking, I'm going to point and laugh at you. There's no benefit in winning, NONE. Only that you get 5 minuets of feel good moment. Only later to find out the texans see blood and when they draft the QB of their picking. Jokes on us

I wish there was an emoticon for "right on, brotha!!!" :yes: 

Quote:Remember when the Jaguars won a meaningless game against the Colts in week 17 of the 2011 season? Ensuring our division rival would draft one of the best QB prospects ever, that's my definition of pathetic. Listen, no one wants to see their team lose, but if you’re going to be bad, be bad enough to select a difference maker at the most important position in all of sports, that’s all.
I understand that and yeah that suck. I agree with the idea of being bad enough to get the difference makers.

That's not the same as losing intentionally. It's just my oppinion, but that was my point

Quote:You misunderstood him.  He wasn't saying to lose intentionally.  No, no.  He was saying we should rest our starters.  Losing is a complete unintentional byproduct, and I have it on very good authority that this is fine.

Well they have been playing hard lately........wouldnt mind seeing a few take a game breather against the Texans the second time around......

to all of those idiots that wanted us to lose to the colts a few years ago so they would not get andrew luck ...... who's laughing now !!!    they lost 4 games this year.  he's a loser.  jags rule.

Quote:Yay lets go 5-11 and be picking at # 8 in the draft.

Bridgewater - Gone

Mariota - Gone

Clowney - Gone

Barr - Gone

Matthews (lol joke of a pick if we do make it) - Gone

Teams willing to trade up - 0 especiallly since the top prospects are already gone. This is stupid and we dont need any pointless wins. Remember when we got that "important" win over the Colts in the final game of the season and how much it catapulted our team into greatness by building a winning attitude? O wait u dont because we went 2-14 the next year while the colts went to the playoffs.

That way of thinking is dumb. Wins like that dont mean [BAD WORD REMOVED] cept for a worse draft position and they mean nothing towards next year when everyone starts out 0-0. Yes it sucks to lose but we need to in order to win later. We never get a stud pick at the top of the draft and now when one is there at the most important position in the game everyone suddenly wants to win and run from it?

Yep.

If you have to cheat for the trophy, it ain't worth having. At least to those of us whom are not morally bankrupt that is.

Don't bother replying, I'm done with this thread, to much loser in here.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I see your the morality police. Feel free to arrest all the colts fans for wanting to "intentionally lose" games even if it was for luck. Write me a ticket, book me for having no integrity, could care less, as long as it gets us a franchise QB and a competitive team for years, I'm fine. You can have your moral victories, make sure you get a charm bracelet engrained with this texans victory. As the will have a surprise for you for the next 10 years. A QB and a [BAD WORD REMOVED] kicking twice a year.
Clearly

Quote:Losing doesn't bother me... The idea of doing so intentionally does.

Of course the idea of losing intentionally bothers you.  But at the same time I find it hard to get excited over wins (especially ones like against the tacks and tinhorns) when the other teams play the way they have, and we eek out a win.  I'd either like to see the other team give it their all, or for our team to STOMP THEM INTO DIRT and embarrass them.  We came this close to going into OT against both of these teams.  They both played terribly.  If we had a half-decent Quarterback, the game would have been all but over at half time as we went up 21-3.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:If you have to cheat for the trophy, it ain't worth having. At least to those of us whom are not morally bankrupt that is.

Don't bother replying, I'm done with this thread, to much loser in here.

So your the guy who's parents have a wall in their living room of all your 12th place ribbons