Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all you tankers...

Quote:Agreed, one must consider the bigger picture.

+1 

Quote:What happened to the guy with the girl jumping as his avatar?  That was the best reason for coming around these boards..  I need something to lift me up after this idiotic win..

Yeah, where'd she go??

Quote:Sure it would.  It's already an established belief with most people here that there's going to be more roster turnover after this season ends.  That means that most of the "momentum" from winning at the end of the year would go out the door with the guys who leave.  If we won those games, it wouldn't give us a chance to get into the playoffs at all.  All it would do is move us out of the top 5 in the draft order.  That would put us out of reach for the best QB in the draft, which we drastically need.  

I think guys that will be here next year know that our QB for next year isn't on our roster.  So winning games that will do nothing but push us out of the running for the best QB in the draft, means those games won are meaningless.

+1

Quote:The Jaguars are finally bad enough to be in contention for the #1 overall pick, in a year where there is an elite QB prospect. I don't understand the mindset of any fan that wants to win 3-5 games down the stretch effectively putting us out of contention to draft what this franchise has never had and oh so desperately needs.

+1

Quote:Yay lets go 5-11 and be picking at # 8 in the draft.

Bridgewater - Gone

Mariota - Gone

Clowney - Gone

Barr - Gone

Matthews (lol joke of a pick if we do make it) - Gone

Teams willing to trade up - 0 especiallly since the top prospects are already gone. This is stupid and we dont need any pointless wins. Remember when we got that "important" win over the Colts in the final game of the season and how much it catapulted our team into greatness by building a winning attitude? O wait u dont because we went 2-14 the next year while the colts went to the playoffs.

That way of thinking is dumb. Wins like that dont mean [BAD WORD REMOVED] cept for a worse draft position and they mean nothing towards next year when everyone starts out 0-0. Yes it sucks to lose but we need to in order to win later. We never get a stud pick at the top of the draft and now when one is there at the most important position in the game everyone suddenly wants to win and run from it?

+1

Seems like more people are using sense. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Clearly

Yup clearly.

Quote:So your the guy who's parents have a wall in their living room of all your 12th place ribbons

Yep, and his "participation trophies". 

Quote:If you have to cheat for the trophy, it ain't worth having. At least to those of us whom are not morally bankrupt that is.

Don't bother replying, I'm done with this thread, to much loser in here.

But Linus, without you as our moral compass, who knows what may happen.

Quote:Of course the idea of losing intentionally bothers you.  But at the same time I find it hard to get excited over wins (especially ones like against the tacks and tinhorns) when the other teams play the way they have, and we eek out a win.  I'd either like to see the other team give it their all, or for our team to STOMP THEM INTO DIRT and embarrass them.  We came this close to going into OT against both of these teams.  They both played terribly.  If we had a half-decent Quarterback, the game would have been all but over at half time as we went up 21-3.  

I was happy when we beat the titans and Texans. Sorry.

Quote:Of course the idea of losing intentionally bothers you.  But at the same time I find it hard to get excited over wins (especially ones like against the tacks and tinhorns) when the other teams play the way they have, and we eek out a win.  I'd either like to see the other team give it their all, or for our team to STOMP THEM INTO DIRT and embarrass them.  We came this close to going into OT against both of these teams.  They both played terribly.  If we had a half-decent Quarterback, the game would have been all but over at half time as we went up 21-3.  
This is pretty much how I feel about it

Quote:I was happy when we beat the titans and Texans. Sorry.

And the texans and colts are and will be happy that you handed them luck and bridgewater

Quote:Yep, and his "participation trophies".

Like no one ever cheats in the nfl.......

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 03:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I was happy when we beat the titans and Texans. Sorry.

I was happy we beat the Titans....I didn't want to go 0-16....and we were still pretty safe as far as the top 1 or 2 picks were concerned...

I wasn't so happy we beat the Texans, opening the door to several other teams now to fetch the #1 pick from us, which includes.........the Texans. 

Quote:But Linus, without you as our moral compass, who knows what may happen.
Same thing that has happened your entire pathetic life Lucy, you will fail miserably, as your parents obviously failed you.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:And the texans and colts are and will be happy that you handed them luck and bridgewater

this ^^^^

Quote:Like no one ever cheats in the nfl.......

signed,

the steroid laced Texans front 7

Quote:Same thing that has happened your entire pathetic life Lucy, you will fail miserably, as your parents obviously failed you.

Thank goodness you're sticking around then!  Whew.

I wanted to tie with the Texans.  That would have been great, and would have been 2 ties in one week.  Plus it would have been entertaining to watch.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I was happy we beat the Titans....I didn't want to go 0-16....and we were still pretty safe as far as the top 1 or 2 picks were concerned...

I wasn't so happy we beat the Texans, opening the door to several other teams now to fetch the #1 pick from us. 

You are obviously (and it's very obvious) as passionate a fan of this team as alot of us. I am happy when we win and not happy when we lose. I can't force myself to be not so happy when we win a game.

Quote:Thank goodness you're sticking around then!  Whew.
I must admit you do add a special kind of pathetic loser stench to the thread.

Quote:Same thing that has happened your entire pathetic life Lucy, you will fail miserably, as your parents obviously failed you.

Dude delete your account and start a support group or something.

@TMD : I can agree i was happy we beat the titans to avoid 0-16 and also screw them over but beyond that we do not need to hand the Texans bridgewater with those receivers and that defense behind him.

Between him and luck we would be buried for the next 8-10 years minimun.

Quote:I must admit you do add a special kind of pathetic loser stench to the thread.

Don't look now, but your integrity is showing.

Quote:Dude delete your account and start a support group or something.

@TMD : I can agree i was happy we beat the titans to avoid 0-16 and also screw them over but beyond that we do not need to hand the Texans bridgewater with those receivers and that defense behind him.

Between him and luck we would be buried for the next 8-10 years minimun.
Quite funny, A tmd jock hanger. Pathetic.

Quote:You are obviously (and it's very obvious) as passionate a fan of this team as alot of us. I am happy when we win and not happy when we lose. I can't force myself to be not so happy when we win a game.

Noones happy with losing. We have been losing since 2007. Aren't you ready to have a sustainable winning team who competes? Need a QB. Perfect year to be bad.

Do you want the texans to get bridgewater? That would be the worst.

Seasons done, I don't cheer for losses but I think we benefit from them

Quote:I must admit you do add a special kind of pathetic loser stench to the thread.

Wow......where's your morals and integrity? I can't be around such a loser