Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
To all you tankers...

Quote:Might end up being a good thing, pick 2nd get Clowney and then take a QB in the 2nd round, Teddy ends up sucking we get a gem and a pass rusher boom boom chika chika bam
you must be new here, its bridgewater or bust apparently lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Next year there is no way we will be going for the first pick, this team is getting better, by next year we will be a 7-9 win team

They aren't getting better.  Winning this game means nothing.

FBT, do they warn you for your posts? I got dinged on a political marginal thing and I am curious if calling someone a Nancy is okay?

Really this is all conjecture and forum opinions so it shouldn't. Be too shocking to think a group of people want the first overall pick.

rea

butbr

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

So, tankers, who would you rather have, Bridgewater or Winston? Winston is as highly touted as any QB ive seen in the college level, and he is only a RS freshman.

So why would you want to tank for Teddy, but not Winston? If we take Teddy, wont that mean the Texans will get Winston next year?

Why aren't you advocating taking Clowney/ Barr and tanking for Winston next year?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:36 PM by atburg.)

Quote:So then, yes, you do need it broken down further. Math is hard.
Waiting for your inner genius to enlighten me! 2 year of college as a math major, so thinking its not your math that's confusing me.

Quote:I know right? And this one guy I heard about won the lottery and never even went to school, or worked a job. I think it makes perfect sense to pin my hopes on this working out for me too, so I'm not going to go to school or get a job. Why concern myself with the percentages? If it happens .1% of the time, that's what I'm basing my plan on.

Quote:The good news is Winston >>> TB all day. Every day.

Pending charges and all.

...yes so they can have the same kind of losing season again next season when bottoming out this season would have finally ended this type of crappy season. 

...and given the Jags propensity to win these "pride" games, what makes you think they wouldn't just blow it again next year and miss out on Winston????

Quote:So a third round qb never turns into anything? Glennon looks pretty damn good this year! Need me to explain it further?

BTW Foles also was a third round pick last year.

Foles wouldn't be doing what he's doing on any team but for Chip Kelly. 

Quote:FBT, do they warn you for your posts? I got dinged on a political marginal thing and I am curious if calling someone a Nancy is okay?

Really this is all conjecture and forum opinions so it shouldn't. Be too shocking to think a group of people want the first overall pick.

rea

butbr

Feel free to report it, and since you're part of the pack who wants losses, you should grab a box of Kleenex and a chick flick.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:They aren't getting better.  Winning this game means nothing.
?

The defense has been playing great for weeks, MJD looks better, Gus coaching is better what are you talking about

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:So, tankers, who would you rather have, Bridgewater or Winston? Winston is as highly touted as any QB ive seen in the college level, and he is only a RS freshman.

So why would you want to tank for Teddy, but not Winston? If we take Teddy, wont that mean the Texans will get Winston next year?

Why aren't you advocating taking Clowney/ Barr and tanking for Winston next year?
If we're not going to be bad enough for Teddy then we won't be bad enough for Jameis. Our arrow is pointing up. Trade into the 1st for Johnny

Quote:So, tankers, who would you rather have, Bridgewater or Winston? Winston is as highly touted as any QB ive seen in the college level, and he is only a RS freshman.

Because next year isnt year 1. Even without a franchise QB I dont think we will have one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL. This is our only year with a shot at the top pick, so we need to get it when we can.

And no, the Texans are guaranteed the top pick next year.

Quote:I'm not angry, I just find it obnoxious that people seem to think that winning this game somehow means something.  As stated before, you beat a really bad team.  The Jaguars aren't showing improvement.  The only way they are going to improve is by acquiring talent, and winning this game actually hurts that chance.

winner winner chicken dinner

Next year we would be good and not even close to getting for the 1st pick

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Waiting for your inner genius to enlighten me! 2 year of college as a math major, so thinking its not your math that's confusing me.

Not genius, just basic math actually. It just confused you more. Not much I can do about that though.

So let's break down the bibber:

Bibber allegedly wants to win.

Bibber says that winning games is bad.

Bibber says that winning is losing, and losing is winning.

So, when bibber says that they want to win, does it mean that they actually want to win, or do they want to lose?

They say it's about long term winning, so I hear. Here's the problem though. Bibber has so confused the definition of winning and losing, that nobody can trust that they actually want to win long term. I truly believe that they want to lose long term. It fits what bibber does, which is be bibber.

Now, isn't it a whole lot simpler to just want a team to win or lose? I want the Jags to win every gameday, every FA period, and every draft. I know this is a concept that bibber will never understand, but it's completely possible to stay on one side of the fence.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Wow.. Cry when we lose, whine when we win.. 

Pansies.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'm not angry, I just find it obnoxious that people seem to think that winning this game somehow means something.  As stated before, you beat a really bad team.  The Jaguars aren't showing improvement.  The only way they are going to improve is by acquiring talent, and winning this game actually hurts that chance.

Yeah, I understand that too. And I agree with what you said. We still only put up 13 points on a really crappy team. We do still suck and there really wasn't much improvement at all. But what most of the people around here just can't seem to grasp, or they just don't want to accept it, is that you can get great players outside of the first pick in the draft.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:...yes so they can have the same kind of losing season again next season when bottoming out this season would have finally ended this type of crappy season. 

...and given the Jags propensity to win these "pride" games, what makes you think they wouldn't just blow it again next year and miss out on Winston????

Foles wouldn't be doing what he's doing on any team but for Chip Kelly. 
Yet Vick, who was built for this system could not? Foles had some good momnts last year, without Kelly.

guys, we are 3 wins away from the wildcard lol

Quote:Next year there is no way we will be going for the first pick, this team is getting better, by next year we will be a 7-9 win team

What do you mean? If they don't get the #1 overall pick, they don't have the chance to get the best player in the draft, and there's no one else who might be able to help the team outside of 1 player per draft.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Maybe you "enlightened ones" can explain to me how you want to win, but are at the same time angry because the team won.

You both are an insult to simple logic.

How about we have an argument without resorting to personal attacks?

Point me to where I've said -- since you quoted me in your last post -- that I'm upset that we've won.  I won't be waiting, because never have I said that I was upset at the win.  In fact I called it a great win in my first post in this topic.  Apparently you missed that when making your personal attack.

The simple fact of the matter is that this season is not going to end up as a winning season.  I suppose you are satisfied with 3-4 wins a year.  I know that I'm not.  I know that many others are not.  I'm not sure why you think that we should be.  Because we're a bad team?  I'd much rather us become a good team.

If we have ended up giving the Texans their franchise QB for the next so many years -- how is that not a bad thing?  I'm curious as to what your argument is there.  Obviously there's no guarantee that Bridgewater will be great.  Or even good.  However, we've definitely helped the Texans put themselves in the position to make that decision for themselves.  If they end up making the right decision -- either taking a franchise QB, or an Elite DE or trading down to get several picks to make themselves a better team -- how is it not bad for the Jaguars?

You can't assume that Caldwell will make all the right decisions, and then not also assume that the Texans will too.  If they improve at a better rate than us, then we've dug our hole a little deeper.  And if Caldwell is going to make the right decisions, I'd much rather he have the opportunity to choose between all available choices.  

Ultimately -- how did this win ultimately help us?  Because we played well?  If that's the case, then winning shouldn't matter.  If the team played well -- win or lose, they're improving.  A victory does nothing to hinder nor assist that development.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.